How does this shoe strike you??

HappyinHeels

Shoe Lovers, Below is a brand new shoe on Baker's website this week and I wanted to guage our forumer's opinions. No, they are NOT on my feet yet but figured I'd share the picture anyway and get the word out. At 6 3/8" (16.2 cm) this shoe has the highest heel I have ever seen at Baker's. The stylng reminds me of the Eryn last year which flew off the shelves and the Victoria (a closed-toe version of this) which is flying off the shelves this year. My guess is, unless there is some quirk, these shoes are also about to grow wings. If the past is a guide then these shoes called "PUMPED" will show up at my favorite Baker's in about two weeks. The website clearly shows they are available up to size 11 and my guess they will sell every last pair in that size! HappyinHeels

post-18145-133522918992_thumb.jpg

I like them. Even if they are more platform than I usually go for and I usually like closed toe as well, still though, they are really nice... oh and I like the black color option for them too over the purple. lol Daniel is right though, they are for you, not for me :wave:

HappyinHeels, they are lovely shoes...! :wave: i've a couple of pairs in a similar style from Aldo called 'Atlantic city' in black & tan leather... but with a closed toe... (that being my preference...!) not to say i don't like peep toe because i do...! esp. love peep toed boots...! were you thinkin' of getting them in the blue or the black suede...?! suede's something i'd never entertained before receiving my last pair of heels that were just so...! converted...! let us know what you decide & how you get on...! cheers, gwyther :)

All Shoe Lovers,

Visited both Bakers stores in the Milwaukee area today looking for the "PUMPED" peep toe pump I started this thread wth. They were in both stores but only to size 10. I tried on the blue suede one in size 10 and, despite being too snug fo an ideal fit, I was able to walk around the store and had no trouble with the 6"+ heel. The manager says, if these shoes sell really well, then she may get some size 11's in the second batch. While there a girl I had dealt with before, the service is great when you are forthright with them, broughtme five boxes with all new shoes and all in size 11. One I recognized as "SOFIE", picture and link below, a closed-toe pump with a lower but wider heel. I tried his size 11 pump on and it fit like a dream. If only the "VICTORIA" had fit like that. While the "SOFIE" doesn't have the drop-dead sexy allure of the "VICTORIA", I still think it is a cute shoe i I can't my hands on a "PUMPED" at a store. Sure, they can order it for and ship it to my house, but I have become accustomed to buying in-person and trying what I buy for a proper fit. I'd recommend the "SOFIE" as it is very stable and of course the "PUMPED" for forumers like roniheels, myself, and others that like very high heels. Along with these new shoes they are already gearing up for............the fall boots which I know is like the Super Boot Bowl for our boot-loving forumers here. Anyways, that's what I found I found out. Those are the highlights, or shoelights, in the news tonight.

HappyinHeels:wavey:

http://www.bakersshoes.com/product.aspx?c=295&p=174002

post-18145-133522919072_thumb.jpg

I have these,they are called ambrosia (they do them in black,pink/purlpe and biege suede) from kurt geiger,size 8 uk is the biggest size,the heel isnt suede though some of the bakers styles are very similar

post-1012-133522919072_thumb.jpg

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

All Shoe Lovers,

Visited both Bakers stores in the Milwaukee area today looking for the "PUMPED" peep toe pump I started this thread wth. They were in both stores but only to size 10. I tried on the blue suede one in size 10 and, despite being too snug fo an ideal fit, I was able to walk around the store and had no trouble with the 6"+ heel. The manager says, if these shoes sell really well, then she may get some size 11's in the second batch. While there a girl I had dealt with before, the service is great when you are forthright with them, broughtme five boxes with all new shoes and all in size 11. One I recognized as "SOFIE", picture and link below, a closed-toe pump with a lower but wider heel. I tried his size 11 pump on and it fit like a dream. If only the "VICTORIA" had fit like that. While the "SOFIE" doesn't have the drop-dead sexy allure of the "VICTORIA", I still think it is a cute shoe i I can't my hands on a "PUMPED" at a store. Sure, they can order it for and ship it to my house, but I have become accustomed to buying in-person and trying what I buy for a proper fit. I'd recommend the "SOFIE" as it is very stable and of course the "PUMPED" for forumers like roniheels, myself, and others that like very high heels. Along with these new shoes they are already gearing up for............the fall boots which I know is like the Super Boot Bowl for our boot-loving forumers here. Anyways, that's what I found I found out. Those are the highlights, or shoelights, in the news tonight.

HappyinHeels:wavey:

http://www.bakersshoes.com/product.aspx?c=295&p=174002

Can you order and have them shipped to the store? That way you can check for fit before you take them. Payless does that.

I am slowly accepting platforms, but one that thick still makes me think of a shoe for someone with one leg shorter than the other. That is too thick for my taste, but then it's you that need to like them!

Ron C, I also have sandals with just a 1" platform set on 5" heels, same rise as a standard-issue 4" pump with no platform. I know how mega-platforms look and the only plac one would wear such a shoe would be, as I did, to a Halloween fetish party afew years ago. It was all about the guys and girls showing legs and the tallest heels they could muster. Some of what I like, such as the "VICTORIA" pump everyone raved over is one side of the spectrum while others prefer more low-key shoe in classic but stylish designs. That's what makes us special here if I can dare to use that word. You are warming up to platforms while I am warming up to boots (only have two pair of knee-highs). HappyinHeels

HiH, as shownin my avatar, I tend to be stuck on the classic, thin sole, stiletto heel pumps and sandals. I also am just starting to get in to boots, and mainly because I can wear them in public very inconspicuously. But I'm working on trying to like other styles. I must say, however, that I've seen some stuff in fashion magazines that is not thrilling. Heels heights continue to be very high, but the heels are just straight square blocks, mostly at least an inch square, and they look pretty ugly to me. Oh well, I guess the thin heels have been around for some time now, so it's porbably time for thick ones for a while again. Just like the economy, heel types seem to go in cycles!

shrimper-- They ship to your house not to the store. They did it once for me last year but the Regional Manager got some grief for it. Most Bakers have the styles up to size 10 with some styles stocked to size 11. If a style you like fits you tightly you could feel good about ordering it in size 11 and it will ship to your residence. All orders ship via Fedex from St. Louis. Ron C-- Nothing wrong with your classic styling. I like both classic low profile pumps as well as higher heels with an open toe. Update to all shoe lovers, Today I bought the shoe that started this thread at Bakers...in size 10. It is quite snug but seemingly a candidate to be be stretched since I have a shoe stretcher here at home. I should know by the end of the weekend if it worked well enough to keep what I bought. I also learned an important little fact about Bakers shoes which they are NOT all made in the sam exact factory which would explain why my white and blue suede VICTORIA pumps fit great in size 11 but the black ones are more like a 10. I'll let you know how the stretching went. HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

To keep continuity, here's the shoe link that started this thread;

http://www.bakersshoes.com/product.aspx?c=757&p=167111

I bought the "PUMPED" in blue suede size 10 and tried to stretch it by spraying some rubbing alcohol over thevamp, rubbing it in then placing te shoes into the freezer. I tried this twice over a few days but decided the right shoe was a bit too snug to be practical so I returned them and ordered the black ones (also suede). The next day I happened to be in another mall and walked by the other Bakers store and the girl recognized me and had kept my contact information. I had ben there before and she said she'd contact me if they happened to get this shoe in size 11 which actally happened. I tried on the "PUMPED" in size 11 and walked around a bit and they felt OK so into the bag they went. I subsequently received the black suede 11's I had ordered the day before at the other Baker's location and made an interesting discovery. The black suede size 11 fit me better than the blue suede size 11. This is important because we are frequently told that, the darker the dye, the less the material wants to stretch. The difference in fitting may have more to do with the actual place of manufacture. I had been told Bakers shoes are NOT made in the same factory. So, the lessons learned here were that, if a store asks for contact information then go ahead and give it to them and this again illustrates the advantages of buying in-person and trying on your shoes in-person.Once you know a certain brand or specific style of shoe then you could reasonably order online without expecting problems. I am considering getting the blue suede ones to someone here who is more like a 10.5 US but I have yet to post anything in the want ads here. Let me know if anyone is seriously interested and I'll be glad to post them for eventual transport to a new home!

That's the heel headlines for today.:):)

HappyinHeels