midnight heeling

ImInHeels

Ok, I know there is a lot of talk of discouraging late night heeling down dark unlit roads. Well this is how all my heeling has been done so far, and while some of the streets are dark, others close to the main road are very well lit. So every time i've been walking down these dark roads there has always been some nerves, although the high heel trainers i've been wearing (see my previous post) are well hidden, there is a a feel in side of me. This gets worse as i approach the well lit areas and see someone walking towards me, knowing I will be in full light. So after regularly going out for night time trips, and still getting this fear, I was walking towards the almost flood lit area when i see this guy approaching, knowing that its best for me to keep my head high, keep walking and just walk past him. So as we approach, and I hope he moves the other way, sadly not again. Just as we are passing i hear "Oi Mate" I was think oh great, I turn to him, and hes asking if I can change some money for him. I told the guy that I had left my wallet at home as i didn't need it. (True story, After recent assaults and muggings in the area). Ok you might call me a little stupid to be walking alone at this time of night when there have been recent assaults and muggings, let along in heels. However it's my home "patch" and if i don't have the confidence to be out where I live at night, then i shouldn't be living here. (I admit its no UK problem area where coming out of your house gets you stabbed).

I guess only you know if you feel safe enough to do this, so I won't comment on the safety issue. However, as a person who also started out doing the late-night dark street thing, I understand. One thing I can tell you though, is that it is a lot easier to blend into a crowd in daylight than it is to blend into thin air at night when somebody does finally come walking down that quite, dark street.

ImInHeels -

For what it’s worth, I’d be nervous walking alone on a dark road even without heels.

It really is much easier to not hide your heels and to go heeling in a friendly place. Many members have commented that bookstores, coffee houses, museums, large stores, … attract people that don’t care what you have on your feet.

You may get a few glances, and that’s to be expected (it’s also part of the fun) but you won’t get mugged. This really is a process of gaining confidence in your look and being able to present that look in public. What you should come to realize is that if you can present yourself in heels, you will gain the confidence to present yourself any way you want, be it projecting confidence in a business suit and tie, be it confidence in a sports setting, or confidence in anything else life throws at you. Public heeling is a big step on the path to self confidence, as well as a lot of fun.

Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I started out public heeling at night like many others. Yes, it was a thrill but like you, the looking over my shoulder in the darkness took away from the thrill of wearing high heels in public. I guarentee the first time you go out in broad daylight wearing high heels to many different places, the only excitement will be from your experience wearing high heels in public.

While roniheels has way more "miles in heels" than I do I have to agree with the excitement factor. It is true that my trip to the mall of America was fully dressed, but tastefully done, in 5.5" wedges under fem jeans and also some shopping in my Teagan sandals with the 6" stiletto heels. The key was walk with confidence---and the world walks with you. Once you do some public heeling, like roniheels does all the time, or like many others here do, you'll wonder why the hell you didn't do it long ago!! Heels rock-no wonder women love them! HappyinHeels

ImInHeels -

For what it’s worth, I’d be nervous walking alone on a dark road even without heels.

It really is much easier to not hide your heels and to go heeling in a friendly place. Many members have commented that bookstores, coffee houses, museums, large stores, … attract people that don’t care what you have on your feet.

You may get a few glances, and that’s to be expected (it’s also part of the fun) but you won’t get mugged. This really is a process of gaining confidence in your look and being able to present that look in public. What you should come to realize is that if you can present yourself in heels, you will gain the confidence to present yourself any way you want, be it projecting confidence in a business suit and tie, be it confidence in a sports setting, or confidence in anything else life throws at you. Public heeling is a big step on the path to self confidence, as well as a lot of fun.

Enjoy your heels.

Well Put.......

To add to that, malls are great!!

The more people around, the less you are noticed.

Dark allies are scary, there is security in numbers.

Have fun in what you do.

Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I think i feel safe enough to do it at night, and as much as i'd love to go heeling in the day there are a few things that are stopping me, at least for now. 1. Partly how my brother see's things, he already takes great pleasure mocking girls for wearing heels, more so if they trip, stumble or slip. 2. My brother let out a mocking laugh, when he heard i'd be shopping in new look (womens and mens clothes shop). 3. Living on an island, although its too big by far to know everyone, its still small enough to know some of the charters, such as "the spotty guy in the trench coat" say that and most people would know who he is. To that effect not all of me wants to be "the guy that wards women's heels. The main reason for the first two points aren't necessarily down to approval of my brother, but the male population he represents.

I think i feel safe enough to do it at night, and as much as i'd love to go heeling in the day there are a few things that are stopping me, at least for now.

1. Partly how my brother see's things, he already takes great pleasure mocking girls for wearing heels, more so if they trip, stumble or slip.

2. My brother let out a mocking laugh, when he heard i'd be shopping in new look (womens and mens clothes shop).

3. Living on an island, although its too big by far to know everyone, its still small enough to know some of the charters, such as "the spotty guy in the trench coat" say that and most people would know who he is. To that effect not all of me wants to be "the guy that wards women's heels.

The main reason for the first two points aren't necessarily down to approval of my brother, but the male population he represents.

Sounts to me that you're screwed unless you move to a large city on the mainland. Even wearing heels at night in unpopulated areas, you run the chance that someone that might recognize you will happen upon you and your heels just by chance...even at some of the later (or, earlier) hours that you choose.

One of these days, your brother just might "gafaw" at the wrong time, at the wrong person and physically get his attitude adjusted. Perhaps he might learn a good lesson if that should happen. It just might open his eyes to the fact that everyone is different and even folks that are different can kick the living dog shit out of a smart assed guy should the occasion arise.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

This is along your lines so i've posted it. A while ago i had to take a car up north knowing i was gonna be waiting at quite a few train stations it seemed a good idea to try and where my heels out away from home for once. So i put them in my back pack ( same as the ones in my pic ) and set off. I had an hour's wait at stafford so thats where i put them on,out the way ofc. Anyway i walked around the darker paths and alleys and all was well untilli gotta oi mate. I stoped next to a small wall and dropped my pack down,he never looked down and just asked for a light. Funny for those 30's i felt total 100% terror but he walked off and all was well...... I know its abit of a waffle but i think i'll be better next time i try and wear them out again.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do the midnight walks, but the city i was doing it is safe enought but there is another kind of threats when heeling at night, last time i heeled, i was wearing 100% fem clothes very sexy skirt, nylons etc, my shoes were black pumps 5inch stilleto heel and clearly vissible since my skirt was very short, over black nylons. so you can imagine the picture, i just wanted to walk but got warmed up and went for it dressed even with a wig, i said to my self, if somebody sees me they might better confuse me with a tall girls going out from the offcie as my attire was purely business suit, i though it was safe to walk up a nd down around the park that surround a very nice corporate office complex, during midnigh, i have to say i did it many time and never gotten a problem, what i did before is park the car, look around get out of the car, normally im already dressed up from home, and then walk around long hours, always near my car so if there is a car approaching or somebody coming from oposite direction i can make sure to get into my car quick, ok last time i was doing the heeling and went far i passed infron of a bank ATM and i think the camera spotted me, surely a guard examine me closely and saw i was a man in heels, while walking back to my car i felt something was wrong and decided to ignite my car and leave, i never linked the fact of my feeling to the fact i may be spoted by the camera of the atm machine, while i was going out from the parking lot, two patrols came in so fast and very violent, I though for one second shit i will be explaining my heeling dressed as a sexy executive with two cops, maybe they will put a remark on my record "cought in femme or CD in public, " hahaha, but nothing happen they went directly to the atm machine and from there they were calling in their radio, at that moment i was already in the highway i saw that meanwhile i was on the service line getting out, im sure they were called by the camera and check if everything was ok, surely as i was difficult to be id the guard freak out seeing me coming back and forth with no reason at midnight at that location, and completely crosseddressed, i think he wanted to give me hard time etc, he can go to hell, i left on time. while driving away i felt again that feeling that i need to change my direction since the police may be trying to go after my car and ask why i what i was doing there and in heels, i didnt took the highway, i exit next parking lot on a very crowded restaurant parking lot and parked my car turned off and observed, ..i was right the two patrols left very quick and on the direction i have most probably would be taking into the high way, i was really worried. I headed opposite direction and went into the down town area, got changed in my car and went to grab a beer into a pub to think about that experience, after one hour i went back home with no problem. I think heeling is very inocent but very weird if a man does it at dificult hours, it may be much safer in matter of privacy and safety to heel at a mall during the day even wearing a red dress and shinny pumps, than going at midnight anywere. take this experience as one of many that can happen and may put you in a difficult situation.

V. Morpho

• 2 weeks later...

actually after a first try by night, bringing a letter to the post office box a year ago, it was actually the metal sound from heels on the street which broke the night silence and was the most difficult point to face with myself!... then I tried wearing soft stretch black pointy italian thigh boots riding race bicycle: quite a wonderfull excitement crossing the forest that way!...

I have street heeled at midnight. Or rather 2 AM. It was when I was in my mid to late 20s. I wore a pair of black open toe platforms with a 5" heel and a pair of sheer thigh-high hold-up stockings. I didn't hide the fact I was in heels and hose. In fact, I purposely walked in well-lit areas where I could be seen by anybody. You could hear the clickety-clop sound of my shoes with every step I took. And when the street lights shined on my exposed legs, you could see the glimmer of the nylon. If it were safer in my neighborhood nowadays, I would do it in my newer plats. Street heeling late at night is the best.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

I have street heeled at midnight. Or rather 2 AM. It was when I was in my mid to late 20s. I wore a pair of black open toe platforms with a 5" heel and a pair of sheer thigh-high hold-up stockings. I didn't hide the fact I was in heels and hose. In fact, I purposely walked in well-lit areas where I could be seen by anybody. You could hear the clickety-clop sound of my shoes with every step I took. And when the street lights shined on my exposed legs, you could see the glimmer of the nylon. If it were safer in my neighborhood nowadays, I would do it in my newer plats. Street heeling late at night is the best.

I have the same feeling when going out at night for some reason is so exciting and private moment.

one day i will try to wonder the cinema on a weekday,

V. Morpho