For our hockey friends

canadianbeaver17

As a resident of the fine city of Pittsburgh, I would actually buy the over priced rink side tickets at the new arena to see him wearing those! Though, I don't think Mr. Crosby and I heel in the same circles since I have never bumped into him shoe shopping...

Style is built from the ground up!

Hockey to Canadians is what football is to the rest of the world sans U.S.A and I don't mean American Football.

From the picture, I assume you mean ice hockey, rather than normal hockey!

From the picture, I assume you mean ice hockey, rather than normal hockey!

I'm sure he's not speaking about "horse hockey" --- :):silly:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Cool picture, but for those of us who have no idea of hockey, what is the message here? what is so particular about this player? I tried a google search but, in typical internet sports fashion, i found more fanboy comments than info.

Cool picture, but for those of us who have no idea of hockey, what is the message here? what is so particular about this player?

I tried a google search but, in typical internet sports fashion, i found more fanboy comments than info.

Yes whats the deal about sidney Crosby being called a little girl, is it pre match banter, is he gay, a TV???????

I am assuming the picture is a mock up.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Yes whats the deal about sidney Crosby being called a little girl, is it pre match banter, is he gay, a TV???????

I am assuming the picture is a mock up.

I have had a trawl on the net and it seems its some banter between fans, rather like rival soccer team fans . This article might throw some light on it...

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/06/chris_pronger_in_a_skirt_and_r.html suprisingly from the Chicago Tribune, sure to inflame some fans as can be seen in some of the comments here....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-chris-pronger-poster-flyers-blackhawks,0,5778093,comment-display-all.photo

post-207-133522915909_thumb.jpg

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Pretty good research, barney15c. I was going to chime in yesterday to shed some light on this one for all you who are not living in traditional hockey countries (or should I say "ice hockey" countries). You pretty-much summed-up the drift of the original "joke". All I can add, is that Crosby would be a natural victim of such banter, for a few reasons: 1) he is widely considered one of the best in the world, and to date is the youngest team captain to have won the Stanley Cup (that may change though in the next few days) 2) I believe most girls/women would find him good looking 3) he is promoted by the NHL far more than any other player, even though many would argue that he is not the best player 4) he has developed a reputation for being a whiner Personally, he is not my favorite player, but I do have a lot of respect for him and his ability.

thanks dblair for shedding some light on a sport i know nothing about,apart from its played on ice (not alot of that in the uk!).........now to more important matters .........like the world cup.......at least until england get knocked out on penaltys again! lol

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Congratulations Chicago Blackhawks - 2010 Stanley Cup Champions Good for fans of Chicago sports teams. Just watched local news, they are celebrating throughout Chicagoland. It's good to end a drought that has gone on for far too long. Now Chicago needs just one more drought to end, a long standing 102 year streak. LOL!

Now, here comes the "wonder." I wonder if the thugs in Chicago will celebrate in the Detroit ghetto dweller manner -- by burning down the city?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Now, here comes the "wonder." I wonder if the thugs in Chicago will celebrate in the Detroit ghetto dweller manner -- by burning down the city?

Let's hope not. Most people who enjoy celebrating after their team wins keeps it under control. But there's always that minority of idiots who ruin it for the majority.

It truly was a a great Stanley Cup playoff this year and all of the stories that led up to the finals.

Actually, the fans of Chicago reacted by partying for several days. No riots, etc., thank God. And the party is still going! This has been an unbelievable event here in Chicago, and the Blackhawks players have made themselves so very accessible to the fans. Not the usual big headed, I'm too good for you athlete, just some young jocks partying on! These guys (the players) have endeared themselves to the people of Chicago for years to come.