Wearing heels in front of my wife

kfsteve391

Yesterday started out the same as any day. I took my dog for a walk. When I returned home I took off my socks and shoes and put on a pair of green strappy high heel sandals with four inch heels. My wife had just gotten home from a two week visit with her sister in the midwest. I thought if I am ever going to do it, now is the time. In making my way to the kitchen I walked through the hall with a wood floor and then into the kitchen with its tile floor. My wife was in the family room, which is adjacent to the kitchen area. I know she heard me coming. I fixed my breakfast and was commenting to her about the food ads in the morning paper. She came over and stood right next to me as we looked at the ads. Here I am standing there in four inch heels and not a word from her. My heart was racing as I was ready for World War III. Later in the day I came out to the kitchen for supper in a pair of T-back sandals with 4.5 inch heels. Again, not a word. When we had almost finished eating the doorbell rang. I answered it wearing heels! It was my neighbor reminding me I needed to take him to the airport. He did not see my sandals as I stood back a bit. The next morning at breakfast I did the same thing. My wife cautioned me about wearing my heels in the hall as it has a laminate wood floor. She does not want me to damage the floor with my heels. At dinner time I put on a pink and white pair of wedgies. I showed them to her and she said those are fine. Is this the same woman who absolutely blew up five months ago when I showed her my first pair of strappy high heel sandals? I remember her telling me those are womens shoes and I should not be wearing them. I guess all things change with time. The ice has been broken and I am so very happy. I can finally wear my sexy heels in front of my wife.

Since your wife cautioned you about the hall flooring and o.k.ed the use of the wedges, I'd say that she has come to grips with the fact that you will be wearing heels around the house. Congrats! Keep things statis quo for a while before going to the next level and you should be all right. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Congratulations on the result of your actions. That was a daring move based on her first reaction to you in high heels. Sound like she has accepted the fact that you enjoy wearing high heels and your marriage is so strong that she sees this as one of your "enjoyments" and is living and let live. I do have one question and pardon me for not remembering. Do you wear high heels in public? And if so, how does your wife react to that?

This is a cause for celebration! Now you really OWE the lady a big thank you, so whoop it up, take her out to her favorite restaurant and and have a night on the town as a way of letting her know how much you appreciate her tacit approval on your wearing heels in her presence. Focus the celebration on her, though, not the shoes. As long as women are secure, they'll let you get away with a lot. It just takes time for them to adjust to new ideas in men's footwear. Great news. Steve

Congratulations on achieving a break through in your quest to be accepted for your heeling. That is awesome that you have been able to have an understanding for your needs and your wife's needs regarding this. And finally testing that understanding in a good environment. Keep a healthy respect for her boundaries and it will work wonders for you! Good job! Mtnsofheels

I certainly hope this change of heart on your wife's part is all that you believe it is. However, if I were you, I wouldn't overdo it and I'd keep a close eye on the mail to make sure you don't get any startling news from her lawyer.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello kfsteve391, First off, I have to say that I am sorry to hear that your first experience of sharinig this with your wife went so poorly. I am, however, glad to hear that this recent experience was a bit less volital. It really took some jeuvos to say to yourself that this is what I am about, this is my thing, and I am going to move forward with it. She has really only three choices, to live with it and choose to like it, to live with it and choose to not like it, or to move along. I do really hope that she makes the first choice. Regardless, I hope that you get to have the openness of experience that will allow you to live life fully. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

When we first got married, my wife was not 100% with the idea of me wearing heels, even in private. She wears six-inch heels and was a little confused why I would want to wear them. We had been into bondage since day 1, so how we worked through this was to look at heels as a form of bondage, a form of humiliation even, in that high heels impede freedom of movement. So now when I want to wear a pair of pumps, I put on a pair of legcuffs as well. My wife doesn't view this ensemble as an attempt at femininity, but rather a bondage scene. Sometimes she'll demand the keys to the cuffs. Makes her happy, which makes me happy. There are ways to work through most any impasse, given enough flexibility and cooperation by both parties.

After almost four weeks everything is going great. I wear my heals out to the kitchen for breakfast everyday. Always a different pair at dinner time. Two days ago I wore pink strappy sandals with 4.5 inch heels while preparing supper. Did not hear a word of disapproval. Last week I purchased a pair of pink T back wedgies from Payless. I showed them to my wife and she said those should be fine to wear in the hall with the laminate floor. Have even worn my first pair of silver strappy sandals in front of her. These are the ones she completely blew up about only six months ago. The woman has really changed for the better. I don't know if she has given up or feels its no use to argue about me wearing heels. All I know is that I am able to wear whichever ones I feel like wearing whenever I want and I love it. The sexual satisfaction I get from my strappy high heel sandals is unbelievable. I am having a blast!

Steve, What I find that works is to downplay my desire to wear heels, a little, and to instead ask my wife to wear hers. When she asks me which of mine I want to wear, I'll tell her something like "Nah, I'd rather see you in yours. Unlike me, your legs look sexy in them..." In this way, she knows I'm not losing physical affection for her and she doesn't feel like she's in competition with me. At first, I think she thought I was expressing a lack of desire for her. THAT must be nipped in the bud :chuckle: This is just another thing that has worked for us. I guess it could be summed up in one word "moderation".

Indeed, change does not always mean "acceptance", so its wise to judge it carefully if your not 100% sure. You really wouldnt want to be in the "She thinks you have given up on her and traded her in for some shoes" boat... If you can give her the same affections you give your shoes(From what you tell us), then life is good... :chuckle:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Snip.. The sexual satisfaction I get from my strappy high heel sandals is unbelievable. I am having a blast!

KF,

Whilst I am very glad you are doing what you do, the statement I have quoted from your last post sums up for many why men plus heels is viewed by society as wrong.

Footwear should be part of your fashion statement and maybe sexual empowerment, not sexual gratification.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Steve,

What I find that works is to downplay my desire to wear heels, a little, and to instead ask my wife to wear hers. When she asks me which of mine I want to wear, I'll tell her something like "Nah, I'd rather see you in yours. Unlike me, your legs look sexy in them..." In this way, she knows I'm not losing physical affection for her and she doesn't feel like she's in competition with me. At first, I think she thought I was expressing a lack of desire for her. THAT must be nipped in the bud :w00t2: This is just another thing that has worked for us. I guess it could be summed up in one word "moderation".

great advice, it will also help fell comfortable with heels!! agree 100%

13th November 2009 14:52 Bubba136 While this posting contains more information than I want to know, I also know that people do stranger tings.

agree with the 1st part up to a point, however on the second part, strange is dependent on ones point of view or level of open mindedness!!:chuckle:

Bubba,There are a lot of people out there who think men in hh are strange! Everyone draws the "strange/not strange" line in a different place!Steve

What does this comment have to do with mine (below)? :chuckle: I was really referring to the "sexual" aspects of bigbadkatz's posting. Way too fetish for this thread, IMHO. While I realize that a lot of our members have desires that wouldn't pass the "missionary" test, I'm not a big fan of someone announcing their most secret sexual desires in an open forum, such as this. If I am interested in these types of practices, there are many websites out there that cater to these tastes. And, that's all I have to say about this.

While this posting contains more information than I want to know, I also know that people do stranger tings.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.