You walked in high heels WHERE??

Topsy

I got a private message asking if I had walked in heels on ice, snow or antwhere slippery and I thought I should share my reply to see if anyone else out there is as mad as me:-

Seeking thrills and spills.

In the 1980s when working in Aviemore, I owned a selection of high stilettoes, mostly in the 4 inch to 5.5 inch without platform and up to 8 inches with platform.

In the spring, summer & autumn I was experimenting with the high-heeled skates, but in winter, I needed something different(this was before I thought about high-heels on quad roller skates on ice). Scotland has much more severe winters than England and in the Cairngorms above 1500 feet can be very severe. I had several sites of varying steepness where sheet ice would regularly form. I found that stilettoes with rubber or plastic tips were totally uncontrollable and I spent most of the time either sitting down or trying, without success, to get up. Steel heel tips when new could be used, and they would slide sending little showers of ice flakes up as they searched for grip. The best grip was with steel tips that had been worn or ground to a point. These almost made walking possible, especially when a high wind was blowing which I had to fight against to stay upright. I always used protective padding (Skateboarders knee & elbow pads and wrist guards) and I have never, over hundreds of falls, suffered so much as a bruise.

Going up hill was difficult especially if steep and I usually ended up on my knees sliding back to the bottom, only to try again, whilst getting very aroused. If I did manage to get to the top, I would then turn round and try the more difficult/dangerous descent. The heels would dig in but the soles would swing and slide in all directions. Sometimes I would use stick-on commando soles which did not slide as much but would grip and then without warning launch, sending me flying, usually when taking a step. I usually used stilettoe boots as they provided better ankle support, and I was less likely to damage an ankle due to a sudden launching. Sling-backs or courts were much more difficult to handle to the point of being dangerous to my ankles, because on steep hills on ice the heel would rock and wobble causing it to lose grip.

Another hair-raising exploit I had on high stilettoes was on the beach. I knew of several boulders fields on beaches, and I found that wearing high stilettoes while trying to walk across numerous stone boulders was quite exhilerating, with the sole sliding off the rock tops where they were wet or slimy and the heels, often on very steep-sided rocks, grinding and sliding while looking for grip and sometimes launching unexpectedly. On rocks I needed slingbacks with any sort of tip. Rubber gave the most grip. Plastic was unpredictable, getting more so as it wore down, but new steel tips gave the best safest feeling grip. It was great to be able to stand still and vertical while the heels slowly moved down a rock threatening to launch at any moment. It is on rocks such as these that I have had most injuries -- But I always go back and try again.

To me snow is uninteresting unless wet with ice underneath.

I do my stuff both indoors and outdoors but always in private. I used to serve in the Royal Air Force (1980-83) and regularly did night shift on my own in a stores block which included a steep ramp covered in large lino tiles. I used to smother the ramp in wax polish and try to walk up and down it in my heels - usually without any success at all, but it kept me happy and aroused during the early morning hours when nothing was happening. When I slipped & skidded outside, it was always in private when I was being adventurous, but before I joined the RAF I did a couple of years in an office after leaving school. My best friend & I both wore towering stilettoe boots of around 5.5inches. Our office was at the top of a steep hill. In winter, the hill got very icy and everyone had difficulty walking up and down it. Most people chose to use the road but Lillian & I used the footpath. Lillian's boots had nylon heel tips and mine had 1/4 inch diameter steel tips. It was then that I found that my steel tips provided a much better and stable grip than plastic/nylon tips. I would get aroused with gentle but fairly safe sliding while Lillian held onto me just to stay upright. Many colleagues suggested that we should be sensible and walk on the road, but they did not know about us getting highly aroused and damp underneath. Lillian soon got steel tips fitted and then we found the hill even more exhilerating and difficult since we were not supporting each other, and caused us to fall several times when coming down the hill. Those early days were the only ones I did my stuff in public, as the general reaction was "You are mad, stupid or silly!!!".

I just love your stories. I wonder if there are any more out there who are too shy to record their adventures. Keep you stories coming. I find them very interesting and are giving me ideas of what to try next. Please tell us more about your rock-hopping. Keep enjoying the adventures but please be careful!

When I was 14 and first started heeling, our back yard in the city was paved and shared by apartment buildings on each side. In the winter, the roof used to drip water and create huge icicles and large pools of rough surface ice, sort of like a shallow crater shape. This was in 1960 when all high heels had steel tips. I used to put on my 3-4 inch spike heels and try walking all around the yard, including in the ice craters. I can't remember ever falling, but I must have come close about 100 times. I also don't really remember if I liked doing it or thought once was enough. I do know I liked winter evenings as there were few people outside and I had the sidewalks to myself. I also had a pair of translucent plastic boots, Rain Dears, that were made for pointed toe, spike heel, shoes. They had metal inserts buried in the plastic under the heels to keep them from poking through. I loved wearing them because they kept my feet dry and relatively warm, made my heels silent, and on casual inspection, just looked like a pair of gray plastic overshoes.

It was many years ago when I chose Amtrak for a business trip to New York City. Because I was going to spend one full night aboard the train, I paid for a private single person bedroom. I had brought along my 5" spike heels intending upon enjoying them once I arrived at the hotel. During the night aboard the train, I got the urge to be daring. So I slipped on my heels, pulled down my jeans to cover them as much as possible, then went for a walk through the cars of the train. I paused for a few minutes at the end of the car as I peered out through the window enjoying how I felt taking such a dare. Although most eveyone else was asleep in the sleeping cars, as I ended my walk, I did encounter one porter in the narrow aisles of the car where my room was located. He stood aside as he motioned for me to walk past him. I was afraid that my slightly unstable gait would give away my secret. So I slowly walked the short distance to my room, then ducked inside without having to pass him. What a rush I felt. Another time, I was visiting Chicago. Wearing my 5" spike heel oxfords, I was driving around downtown when I got the urge to do something daring. I decided to go for a walk. Because it was a cold winter evening, after parking my vehicle, I pulled up my collar and pulled down my hat to cover my face as much as possible. I then exited my vehicle, pulled down my jeans a little to cover my heels, then began to walk around the block. I was enjoying my walk so much that I decided to try and cross the street at a very busy intersection. And then it happened. About halfway through the crosswalk, as cars waited for us pedestrians to clear the crosswalk, I broke one of my heels! I froze motionless in the crosswalk and in the glare of vehicle headlights trying to decide what to do. I bent down to pick up the broken heel knowing that my shoes would be completely exposed to pedestrians and drivers. I then hobbled to the curb and eventually made it to my car. What an embarassing experience. After I reached the safety of my car, I realized that since my face was hidden, it really did not matter how many people had seen me since they were all strangers. Well, I hoped at least they were all strangers.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Wow ! What an interresting thread with amazing and unusual stories ! Mine is quite simple and I am sure many others did the same...but here it is anyway. My first "real" walk in high heels was outside late fall in the middle of the night. I was wearing 4 inches stilettos with steel tip. I remember the feeling I got while walking for that long in heels outside. The clic-clic sound of the heels was amazing but I was afraid someone would ear me. What a rush ! From that point in time I knew I was addicted. There is no coming back... Topsy: I guess you are lucky you never broke your ankle while walking on ice :) It is already hard to walk on ice with flat shoes. Cannot imagine what it could be with stiletto heels !

Topsy, I LOVE your stories and can TOTALLY relate!! I've got a couple you might enjoy :) I went to college at a school in the mountains. It was wonderful during the winters!! All the snow and ice on nothing but sloped surfaces!! :-) Anyway, I used to spend many hours on a scenic highway which had many walking trails and visitor attractions - colonial era mansions, horse barns, hiking paths of natural rock. All were very challenging when dry and in 5.5" to 6" stilettos even moreso!! But add 1/2" layer of ice and snow :smile: I can't even count how many times I fell! (Or how many heels I broke out there!!!!!) Something that's rather fun to do at home - Tile floors and cooking oil :) One house we lived in had these 1'x1' tiles in the kitchen and den area. I used to take the Crisco oil, pour a decent amount on the floor and then try to walk - again in 6" heels. Just trying to stand was fun!! :( Along the same lines I used to have a 4'x4' sheet of lexan at my disposal. One of the things I used to do was put motor oil on the lexan and then try to walk. Through use of various brands of oil I rapidly learned of the huge quality differences between them and have used Valvoline ever since!! There's no conventional oil that's slipperier and maintains it's viscosity better!! :smile: At one point I used to live north of Chicago. The BEST thing about up there is all the iced over shallows. Little streams ran through a local park and I happen to enjoy ice skating...And heels... I used to put on a pair of 3" heels inside my skates and skate around. LOTS of fun!! (Until I broke through one day and literally froze the skates and pant legs SOLID!!) Couldn't remove them until I got back in the car and thawed them out. Thank goodness for blade guards! :) Anyways, I hope to hear more of your stories as they are nearly identical to my personal liking and experiences. To me the greatest joy of high heels is the challenge they present and taking them off-road or in other very challenging situations is a thrill like no other!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Thanks Topsy, PJ and Shoeiee good tales of fun and daring. Topsy I have posted this here long past of following a young lady in heels in the snow and partial ice/slush, she had so perfect grip that she was out pacing me 2 to my 1 step. Here by the coast we get very little snow but what we did get 1 1/2" this winter gave me a chance to test the memory, even after being advised not to, SO SO easy climbing slopes are only the difficult bits 'cos you can't stick the heel in! Thanks Al

Topsy is one of my relations. She is computer illiterate and does not possess one at home (Her Mother has a non-internet desktop running Windows95 with a 4GB hard drive instead of a typewriter). She is back home at the moment and I do not expect to see her again until November. I am sure she will have more tales to tell and possibly remind me of some of the daring/wild/silly things we did together when she was a teenager on heels, skates and stilts. She had no fear and I had extreme ambitions. Watch this space!!

I just love your stories.

I don't. They're the texbook definition of perversion.

Males wearing heels in one things. Males wearing heels for the purpose of "arousal" as mentioned several times by the OP is another. But that's not my concern, here. My concern is that this website purports itself to be age-13 friendly, and talk of being aroused by heel wear isn't age-13 appropriate AT ALL.

My son reads this website! He's nine. I don't want him reading material which alludes to people getting their rocks off by wearing heels.

Males wearing heels? Fine. We've done it for hundreds of years. Males wearing skirts, we've done it for probably well over 100,000 years, possibly millions. Males getting their rocks...

Keep it to yourself, please, as from what I've gathered, this is not at all what this website is about.

Thanks.

- Ki

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

kikepa,

I don't know where you're coming from here. I don't see anything in this thread about "Males getting their rocks..." There is only one reference to arousal and that was posted by a self-reporting female. At no point is there any other greater sexual reference.

These stories are indicating that there are some of us who enjoy the more challenging aspects of wearing high heels in unusual places. This is just like any sport where conquering the feat instills a sense of accomplishment. There is a rush associated with this accomplishment but not necessarily a sexual rush. And for those who do experience a sexual rush it's not greatly identified in this thread.

Perversion on the other hand, is defined by dictionary.com as "any of various means of obtaining sexual gratification that are generally regarded as being abnormal." How is enjoying a good challenge perverted if there is no sexual gratification? To me, an example of perversion would be pleasuring one's self while watching little boys or girls playing in a schoolyard - that's just sick. But the wearing of high heels is much different!

Many people either gain sexual stimulation from JUST the wearing or visual cue of high heels. Males in general, are psychologically sexually stimulated by the sight of a woman in high heels - they are an attraction and symbolic of sexual power in many regards. This is one of the many reasons women wear them. And as mentioned here, and in other posts on this site, there are women who experience stimulation from wearing them as well. Does this then show perversion? It's more like fetishism.

As for allowing your 9 year old son to read this site, that's a personal decision you have chosen to allow. Yes, this site is mostly PG-13 but your son is nine, not 13. If you are concerned about the content presented here I would suggest you keep his access more controlled until he is actually 13 and is more emotionally prepared to deal with some of the interesting and thought provoking interests presented. I don't allow my 6 year old son access here and I also do not present this site to my 11 or 16 year old daughters who both know I wear heels openly.

Sincerely,

Shoeiee

Males wearing heels in one things. Males wearing heels for the purpose of "arousal" as mentioned several times by the OP is another. But that's not my concern, here. My concern is that this website purports itself to be age-13 friendly, and talk of being aroused by heel wear isn't age-13 appropriate AT ALL.

My son reads this website! He's nine. I don't want him reading material which alludes to people getting their rocks off by wearing heels.

Males wearing heels? Fine. We've done it for hundreds of years. Males wearing skirts, we've done it for probably well over 100,000 years, possibly millions. Males getting their rocks...

Keep it to yourself, please, as from what I've gathered, this is not at all what this website is about.

Thanks.

- Ki

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Kikepa, I'm wondering what a 9 year old boy is doing reading a website dedicated to wearing high heels -- especially by men, anyway? Surely if he knows enough to know the difference between men's and women's shoes, and knows which gender is supposed to wear which shoes, then I'm sure he is also aware of different things that stimulate different feelings within the human body......, or should be -- at least. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 4 weeks later...
To get back on the subject, I really have not worn high heels in that many unusual places. I do enjoy walking through the snow in high heeled boots. And walking over a brick street to is an adventure. And of course walking up and down stairs in high heels can also be tricky.

• 4 weeks later...

Not having had any heels for several years, I am about to purchase a new pair. I am thinking about a pair of red peep-toe sling-back sandals with 7 inch stilettoe heels and 2.5 inch plats. I will be taking them where heels should not go - such is my interest. I will attempt to use them on roller skates, peg stilts and will attempt to walk them over smooth rounded rocks on river beds and the beach. I will film my attempts and put them on YouTube for you all to comment on. It will take a couple of months to get going, so watch this space!!!

Thanks.

- Ki

PG13 means exactly that, "With Parental guidance from the age of 13 upwards". It does not mean "13 yr olds on their own"...

Your 9 year old son should NOT be reading this website at all. Now, lets drop this bickering and get back to the topic, and more and more posts will be cleaned up/deleted.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I wore high heel ankle boots to the hospital today to have a tooth out. The Dentist was a Military Dental Doctor and there were 2 nice nurses who could tell I was really nervous about being there as I hate dentists. None of them commented on my heels but I did get some comments about my tattoos. My heels were in no way hidden as when I was on the chair, my trouser legs pulled up to show the laces and the buckles at the tops of the boots and clearly showed off the 4" heel. I wear heels almost every time I go out with my fiance GG and nearly all the time at home now. I just got some new knee boots too yesterday from Xtreme Footwear, (the pics of both pairs of boots are in the whos got some new shoes thread) and I wore these to lidl in blackheath and sainsbury's in northfield with no comments or sniggers. I was not in a skirt but I did sit in the cafe so my patent platform knee boots were very obvious to see by all... I am really starting to love wearing my shoes outside and dont think about it anymore... Thanks all Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Not having had any heels for several years, I am about to purchase a new pair. I am thinking about a pair of red peep-toe sling-back sandals with 7 inch stilettoe heels and 2.5 inch plats. I will be taking them where heels should not go - such is my interest. I will attempt to use them on roller skates, peg stilts and will attempt to walk them over smooth rounded rocks on river beds and the beach. I will film my attempts and put them on YouTube for you all to comment on.

It will take a couple of months to get going, so watch this space!!!

Please be sure your health insurance is paid up because I'm thinking that you're going to need it before you complete your agenda. :chuckle:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Not having had any heels for several years, I am about to purchase a new pair. I am thinking about a pair of red peep-toe sling-back sandals with 7 inch stilettoe heels and 2.5 inch plats. I will be taking them where heels should not go - such is my interest. I will attempt to use them on roller skates, peg stilts and will attempt to walk them over smooth rounded rocks on river beds and the beach. I will film my attempts and put them on YouTube for you all to comment on.

It will take a couple of months to get going, so watch this space!!!

Om, I don't get it. Wouldn't it be more fun to attempt jumping the grand canyon on a jet powered skateboard?:chuckle:

real men wear heels

Om, I don't get it. Wouldn't it be more fun to attempt jumping the grand canyon on a jet powered skateboard?:chuckle:

Sorry, I am being serious. Like when I am stiltwalking, my ambition is to able to successfully go either on stilts or on very high heels where I can comfortably go in sneakers. That includes all things slippery or difficult.

I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there with similar ambitions, or am I unique?

Sorry, I am being serious. Like when I am stiltwalking, my ambition is to able to successfully go either on stilts or on very high heels where I can comfortably go in sneakers. That includes all things slippery or difficult.

I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there with similar ambitions, or am I unique?

OK, sorry. How about we start, or you start a thread called "HIGH HEEL CHALLENGE"

real men wear heels

• 1 month later...

This morning, with the help of Topsy, I tried out my new red 6.5 inch stilettoes with 1.75 in platform. I went done the rocky path I have used several times on stilts and found the path in heels was far more difficlut than on stilts. I then tried them on a bumpy & slippery sloping rock pavement, and had great difficulty maintaining my balance. Youtube should have my attempts later today on Topsy's YouTube account "heelsstiltsskates"

OK, sorry. How about we start, or you start a thread called "HIGH HEEL CHALLENGE"

High heel challenge? that sounds good to me. does walking 5 miles in 7.5'' platforms count as a challenge?. if it does lets see if anyone can better it. just to let you know i will be doing a 10 mile challenge next year in 6'' platforms. that will take some beating if i manage to complete it. anyone wanna join me LOL:smile::cry1::smile: