Who would want to work at a High Heel Shoe store?

zebra heels

Would you work in a High Heel store?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Would you work in a High Heel store?

I voted Yes just for a change in work and to meet some other women and men perhaps that would be interested in heels. That might be a wish list but it certainly would not be for the money:smile:. Mtnsofheels

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes because working in a shoe store would be a dream come true for me. I could spend all day around shoes and people talking and helping them find that perfect pair. Could you imagine having some one who would assist you in finding just that perfect pair without the anxiety or stress of being humiliated or embarrassed. I think it would be awesome to be able to enable men to walk into a shoe store and talk and try on high heels without any worry or anxiety about it. Just my 2 cents worth.;)

Last winter, I was talking to the manager of a shoe store about taking a summer job, just a couple of days a week in the store. She gave me an application and when I returned it, she said that due to the economy tanking they had a hiring freeze for all people working less than 35 hours a week and she already had three of those. She told me that it was a shame because I knew their inventory better than she did. Anyway, that manager has since taken another job and I will be back at square one when things turn around.

Style is built from the ground up!

If the store carried a lot of sizes that fit me I think I'd wind up paying them to work there. If they didn't, the sight of all those beautiful styles would send me shopping for similar shoes wherever I could find them. The end result would be the same.

Have a happy time!

I would do it only to prevent unemployment. Dealing with fat chicks with sweaty feet, that want to try on 40 different pairs of shoes, to 'get just the right pair' day in and day out, would drive me to the looney bin.:)

It might have a certain novelty or charm for a while, but after you boil it all down, it's just another customer service job dealing with people - not all of them pleasant. I guess it depends on your overall view of the job though. I worked in a gothic store for a while, and got to pick heels at times, but after a while, it sort of lost its appeal, although I still enjoy all the shoes I picked out during that time. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Well, i made friends with a manager and her niece of a store here called "head over heels". I swing by quite often to see what is happening, and they have me help out from time to time. everytime i come in they always get excited and want to show me new styles, and i talk with customers when they come in and forward them to styles that they would look great in. Its a pretty nice gig.

Think of all the people you'd meet and the endless opportunities to meet heelers with similar tastes...

I think of high heels as a sexy clothing item, sort of like short skirts, a slinky dress, or lingerie. Maybe it's me, but I'm thinking the type of women shopping for them, not being that comfortable with men being around. One could easily say, "I'd love to work at a Victoria Secret's store", but I'd think most women might avoid dealing with a male sale agent.

An exception to this would be if the store was a fetish or speciality store. I visited one of the high heel stores in Vegas, which I think was actually more of an exotic dancer store. The one sales agent I saw there was a man, but if it's really 'dancers' coming into the store, I'm sure they have no problems dealing with when - it's what they do their entire job. But if you're thinking about the type of women that would buy 4"-5" heels at Bakers, or Macy's, or a more mainstream store, I don't see them wanting guys around.

I also don't think of those women as the ones most likely to approve of men in heels. Like it or not, I think you need someone a little off center, to be accepting.

I voted no simply because I'd never want to work in customer service. I'd be bored really fast as well. When I go into shoe stores the salepeople always seem bored to me. Plus, it's not like I'd be trying out shoes all day while working. I have an image of Al Bundy in my head as what working in a shoe store is really like lol. Now if I had a friend who worked in a high end shoe store, that's a different story. Better yet, the manager. That way I could come in and try stuff while chatting with her/him without the need to serve customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Definately, many years ago i used to work in a bowling alley doing the computers and the shoes and every weds was womens coffee morning where id normally work only behind the counter taking cash and changing the shoes which very often the better looking heels were being taken for a spin as soon i had a chance, I always look back at that job affectionately.

One could easily say, "I'd love to work at a Victoria Secret's store", but I'd think most women might avoid dealing with a male sale agent.

On the contrary, when I was growing up in the 60s, ALL of the sales people in women's shoes stores were men, period paragraph!!!!!!!

It's all about the heel!

Wow! Who wouldn't? Although I voted "yes," here's why I don't work in a high heel shoe store: 1. There are so few of them around. 2. The clientelle would be uncomfortable with a guy wearing 4" stiletto-heeled Pelle Moda sandals. 3. I would make half of what I make now (thereby negating any benefit from any discounts). 4. They probably wouldn't allow me to wear a skirt, which is what I'm wearing now while working from home. 5. They may object to my choice of earrings. 6. They would require me to either shave or grow a beard, and some days the answer is simply "nope." 7. They would require me to be at work before 9am, and some days the answer is simply "nope." 8. I might run into someone whom I know in another mode, and to avoid conflict I'd have to work in 100% male mode, as opposed to my preferred mode, which is more freestyle fashion mode (thanks, kneehighs, for defining that!) 9. I'd be sorely tempted to buy every shoe in the store, but since they don't carry my size in 99.99% of ladies high-heeled shoe stores, I'd be very frustrated! 10. If they did carry my size, chances are greater than 99.99% the offerings would be very poor-fitting black patent dungeon dregs, which I am both not into, and which clash with my usual jeans I wear when I do wear heels while out on the town.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to work in a woman's shoe store however I'd probably get fired because the first time a hot looking woman came to try on sexy shoes with her legs bare my level of arousal would become very obvious and that would be it for me! Wouldn't look good on my resume I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...