WHHDYNW Take 2!

kikepa

Please select the heel height you normally wear (wear most often)  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the heel height you normally wear (wear most often)

• Barefoot
    • 0 to 3/8
    • 1/2 to 7/8
    • 1 to 1-3/8
    • 1-1/2 to 1-7/8
    • 2 to 2-3/8
    • 2-1/2 to 2-7/8
    • 3 to 3-3/8
    • 3-1/2 to 3-7/8
    • 4 to 4-3/8
    • 4-1/2 to 4-7/8
    • 5 to 5-3/8
    • 5-1/2 to 5-7/8
    • 6 or over

Read First!

This is a follow-up for the What Heel Height Do You Normally Wear poll. It was a good poll! I just wanted a better grasp of the ranges of heights, in half-inch increments:

Now... Be honest! The question is about what heel height you wear! If you wear low quarters 8 hours a day at work, but at home you wear a 3" heeled shoe for 2 hours, then you'd answer with a 3" heel height.

On the other hand, if you normally never wear heels, then put down whatever heel height your low quarters, tennis shoes, sandals, or whatever you do wear (or not, i.e. barefoot).

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Where are you measuring the heel, if you are going to be so precise? The common measurement is taken from the back of the heel, but there are others that use the other selections that come closer to equalling the increase of the wearer's height. The slope of the top of the heel can vary as much as .75" on lower heels to 1.75" on extremely high heels. With this much diversity, a decision on which point should be used for your comparative measurement poll would seem necessary. The measurement of the actual heel height to be taken is from the vertical line in the chosen (a thru f) point, minus any platform height. a.) Front of heel tip and then straight up to the contact of the upper? b.) Center of heel tip and then straight up to the contact of the upper? c.) Back of heel tip and then straight up to the contact of the upper? d.) Rear of heel and then straight down to the floor? e.) Front of heel and then straight down to the floor? f.) A horizontal 2.125" line from the back of the shoe to the sole of the instep and then straight down to the floor?

• 2 weeks later...

I usually wear 4" heels. Although I do have a few pairs that are 5" with a one inch platform so the math comes out the same. Anyway the four inch heel seems to work best for me for now. I can wear them for hours without my feet hurting but any higher and I dont like to do a lot of walking.:winkiss:

Currently I am sitting in the office wearing 3" block heels, but they feel a bit low. During the winter I wore my 4" boots o a daily basis. Since the weather is getting warmer now, I am already looking for an alternative. I plan to stay somewhere in the 4" area since I need to make sure that I can keep pace when going to lunch with me colleagues:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 2 1/2" to 2 7/8" as that is exactly the height of my normal day shoes. Sure I have days when I wear 3 1/2" and also when I wear 3/4". I vary my footwear to suit my mood and dress style. My normal daily footwear is my Lenny boots from Archie Eyebrows, but for posh occasions I break out the Johnny's. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I do a goodly amount of standing and walking during the course of my outings which could be hours in duration, I rarely go over four inches as I prefer comfort over extreme height.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Most of my heels are 3.5" to 4" and I measure the heel height by placing the shoe up-right on a table, turning a ruler upside down, and measuring from the table top up to where the back of the heel meets the shoe. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 1 month later...

I own 6 inch spike heels, 6 inch spike heels with a 1" platform, and 5 inch spike heels. But I wear the 6 inch spikes the most when I dress.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...
I wear either 4" or 5" to 5.5" high heels, especially when I go out in public. Anything lower than 4" doesn't feel like I'm wearing high heels. I did, however give up on wearing 6" high heels on a regular basis. My stride is regular in 4" or 5" high heels. I just didn't feel comfortable walking for any length of time around town in 6" high heels.

ditto on the 6" heels... Just a little more stress on the hip in these... or I need to make sure I stride noticeably shorter. I use about a 24" stride in 5" heels - that can be stretched out a little if I want to make better time. I guess that a 20" stride will work in the 6" heels.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I'm surprised at the results, but I'm glad we now have a definitive breakdown and graphical depiction of the range and frequency of heel heights worn by our male members here on this board. To summarize: The majority wear heels ranging from 3" to 5-1/2", with the norm and and most frequent (half) heels heights centering around 4-1/4" Given the average foot size for males is 10.5 US and females is 8.5 US, that translates to a 3-3/4" heel worn by women with an average woman's foot size. In other words, our 4-1/4" male heel wearing is right in line with the height of a "high heel" normally worn by women. Therefore, I suspect that we wear heels for many of the same reasons women wear heels. Probably not all the same, however...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.