So, what shoes did everyone get for Christmas?

roz

Hope everybody had a great Christmas! What shoes did people get this year? Saw Cinnamon's gorgeous Louboutins - what about everyone else? I got around 20 new pairs of shoes ranging from KG, to Top Shop, to New Look, to Barratts and everywhere in between. From my amazing sister I got some YSL Tribute Toos which she bought when we were in Paris (unbeknown to me) and smuggled back in her suitcase! They're in black patent and have bright bright yellow soles. From my amazing OH, I got another pair of Tribs, this time a new style with a suede upper. Kinda hard to describe, but I'll try and find a picture later. They're black with dark gold detail.

Wow, Ellie's super high heels are great, I've got a few pairs of 6" ones from a few years ago and they're really fun little shoes and my feet run nearly vertical in them. How are you finding them? Are they E-8260s?

Yes they are 8260s. They are advertised as a 6 inch but in my size they are a 6.5 inch when measured at the back of the heel. They are more comfortable than my leather 6 inch courts. My legs are nearly straight when walking in them so will just take a little more practice and I will be able to wear them with any outfit. I think they look very elegant!

A disappointing zero here :thumbsup: but then that was expected also couldn't step up as we had too many uninformed visitors (plus the kids)

Packing for Portugal later, (two pairs to go)

I would not be the only one around here jealous of your goodies Roz and Highestheels, though the height is just a bit Toooooooo high for me yet:w00t2:.

Al

I got a new pair of boots. Black Nine West ankle boots with 4" wedge heels. And they're a perfect fit. About 9 pm last night, as we walked back into the house after seeing my daughter and her family drive out of the driveway on their way home after spending the day with us, my wife mentioned that there was one more present that she had "forgotten" to give to me. When we got inside, she went to the closet and gave me a nicely wrapped box with my name on it. I opened it straight away and discovered a great pair of new boots. I immediately unpacked them and put them on. Wow, what nice looking boots and they fit me like they were custom made. She mentioned that she happened to brows through the Nine West store at the mall and found them on sale. Although the had given me a new pair of boots last Christmas, she said that these were too good of a deal to pass up. So, I am now (right this minute) wearing my great pair of new boots. I'll post a picture as soon as I can take one and figure out how to put it here.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey roz,

Fortune did smile my way, for I also got a pair of YSL Black Patent Tributes along with a couple of less noted brands. They fit so nice. I want to get another pair as soon as possible.

Tribs are always really comfy IMHO. Which ones are they? Are they the style I attached? Or are they Trib Toos? I never used to like them yet now they're a style I wear probably more than any of my other expensive shoes!

post-11189-133522876656_thumb.jpg

Well, if you didn't get presents I hope that means you didn't buy any presents either, and if so, I'd go out there and splash out on a few bargains at the sales! Make the most of being single and cease the moment :thumbsup:

In the meantime you can also post the link for them from website that sells them.

Oh, as for a link I would imagine that you can access any Nine West website and find them. The particular style is called "Lamis." Here is a picture:

post-12-133522876755_thumb.jpg

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba:-) What you said reminds me about the father in the movie, "The Christmas Story" when he said to Ralphy, "Whats that behind the desk"? and pulls out the Red Ryder B-B rifle for him. "Santa must have forgot that one". Good that you got another present that Santa "Forgot". Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

No shoes this year, though my wife has given me a couple pairs over the years. I had an interesting experience on Christmas Eve at a small gathering at a friend's. I wore my custom Wilson boots (first 2 pictures), and they created quite a sensation once a couple people noticed them. The heels are just about 3 inches at the back, and got the most attention. The men asked if they were hard to get used to, and the women (all wearing flat or low heels) all talked about how difficult they'd find heels that high[!]. A couple women asked me if the toes pinched! You can't see them well in the pictures, but they're far from as pointed as my other boots (third picture). Neither pair pinches.

post-44-133522876781_thumb.jpg

post-44-133522876786_thumb.jpg

post-44-133522876789_thumb.jpg

Tribs are always really comfy IMHO. Which ones are they? Are they the style I attached? Or are they Trib Toos? I never used to like them yet now they're a style I wear probably more than any of my other expensive shoes!

Hey roz,

They are like the ones your sister got you, the YSL Black Patent Tribute Too with the 6" squared stiletto heels, the 1-3/4" hidden platform, and the turguoise sole and lining. I also want to wear them all the time. It is nice to know we share a feeling in common. I was watching a rerun of the Jay Leno's - The Tonight Show, which first aired on the 9th of Dec, 2008 and saw Kate Beckinsale wear the very same style. It was kind of a rush to know that we also shared a desire in having the same footwear.

I'd have thought the red uppers would have attracted the attention.

I guess they would have if I had worn the boots outside my pants. A couple did compliment me on the color combination as the red did peek through from time to time.

Funny thing, though, now that I think about it, nobody asked me how high the hidden boot tops were. I guess they assumed all cowboy boots are about the same.

Hey roz,

They are like the ones your sister got you, the YSL Black Patent Tribute Too with the 6" squared stiletto heels, the 1-3/4" hidden platform, and the turguoise sole and lining. I also want to wear them all the time. It is nice to know we share a feeling in common. I was watching a rerun of the Jay Leno's - The Tonight Show, which first aired on the 9th of Dec, 2008 and saw Kate Beckinsale wear the very same style. It was kind of a rush to know that we also shared a desire in having the same footwear.

This must be the most popular shoe style of the moment, they're gorgeous. I got the ones with sunshine yellow soles, really striking in their own way. I've seen Nelly Furtado, Christina Aguilera, J-Lo and Lindsay Lohan all wearing them, and Lily Allen virtually lives in hers now!

Have you measured your heels, mine feel a lot taller than my original Tributes.

This must be the most popular shoe style of the moment, they're gorgeous. I got the ones with sunshine yellow soles, really striking in their own way. I've seen Nelly Furtado, Christina Aguilera, J-Lo and Lindsay Lohan all wearing them, and Lily Allen virtually lives in hers now!

Have you measured your heels, mine feel a lot taller than my original Tributes.

OH! roz,

I can definitely see why the Tribute Too are so popular, especially the black patent leathers (my favorite texture). They have a fine design that is very appealing and looking so good with the comfort they give, no one who loves to wear high heeled pumps will find much better combinations in one pair of heels that are really high.

Measuring at the back of the stiletto heel they are 6 inches high. The platform with the thick sole measures 1.5 inches. So I am actually wearing a 4.5 inch high heel. That is the height that I had determined before I had this pair of Tributes as the maximum height I could walk at gracefully. However, I do have some other stiletto pumps with heights up to 6 inch without platforms that I enjoy wearing around the house and I walk in fairly well, inspite of the extreme height.

I think my original Tribs feel steeper, but the new Toos feel higher some how. Maybe it's just the style more than anything. Patent is what I have, I'm trying to find a picture for my blog of the black patent ones with yellow soles (on their own, not being worn) and it's totally impossible!

I think my original Tribs feel steeper, but the new Toos feel higher some how. Maybe it's just the style more than anything. Patent is what I have, I'm trying to find a picture for my blog of the black patent ones with yellow soles (on their own, not being worn) and it's totally impossible!

what do they look like on you?