So, what shoes did everyone get for Christmas?

roz

Are those by KG? I was thinking about getting those funnily enough! They look really nice.

Good afternoon Roz :thumbsup:

The boots ( in my post # 28 ) are from ALDO

Model is Fripaig. See below is the link to the ALDO UK website

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/boots/dress-fashion/72466117-fripaig

Lucky for you, they are on sale in the UK for £69.98

(They are not on sale here in Canada: Wondering why :winkiss:)

And I agree with you: They are really nice and comfortable.

I tried them in the store but they were a little bit too small

(They only had size 10 in store and my size is US 11)

So I prefered to order them in size 11.

Please let me know if you decide to buy them.

(I am sure you will like them as well)

See you :welcome:

Ahhh, Aldo, I knew I saw them somewhere! That page is bookmarked in my favourites as I love the simplicity of them. I am so fussy with boots and wedges (boots especially) but they look wonderful. I might well get those then, I'm a size 5 UK so hopefully they'll have some left.

Unfortunately, neither me nor my wife got any this year. I got her some platform slingbacks in the fall though. However, as she is just starting to wear heels again since mid 2008, this is still a very "successful" Christmas for me! Let's see if the stores, desperately trying to sell something, have any good shoe sales now, but we actually want to save some money for the next 3 months. I never got shoes for myself for Christmas ever. I buy them when I want to them throughout the year, and I also throw them out throughout the year.

They look great (credit to the shoes more than me)

I always credit the wearer, more than the shoes (or whatever article of clothing). After all, they're wearing the shoes.

The shoes aren't wearing them!!!

Unfortunately, neither me nor my wife got any this year. I got her some platform slingbacks in the fall though. However, as she is just starting to wear heels again since mid 2008, this is still a very "successful" Christmas for me!

Let's see if the stores, desperately trying to sell something, have any good shoe sales now, but we actually want to save some money for the next 3 months.

I never got shoes for myself for Christmas ever. I buy them when I want to them throughout the year, and I also throw them out throughout the year.

Heelma, why do you throw them away? If you are "purging" your collection, why not offer them for sale here on hhplace -- or, at least offer to send them to a "good" home? Just list the size and style and, perhaps post a picture of them and ask the member to pay the shipping charges and post them to the person that wants them if you don't want to sell them?:thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Heelma, why do you throw them away? If you are "purging" your collection, why not offer them for sale here on hhplace -- or, at least offer to send them to a "good" home? Just list the size and style and, perhaps post a picture of them and ask the member to pay the shipping charges and post them to the person that wants them if you don't want to sell them?:thumbsup:

If anyone is interested in a used Payless (or sometimes Pleaser) shoe that clearly has damages from street heeling, then I can certainly sent them to interested members in the future, as long as they pay the shipping charges and don't complain about the quality afterwards.

Its hot over here, so I found some open cork wedges for Christmas. Easy to slip on when I get up in the morning. The boots I got a while back (thanks to donnawonna). They are known as 'deranged', and you can see why - at my size the heel is longer than base of the shoe! A trouble to wear, but the feeling when you zip them up and you foot is molded to the arch... makes it all worthwhile. Ben

post-6824-133522877438_thumb.jpg

post-6824-13352287744_thumb.jpg

How could you possibly walk in a shoe or boot where the heel was longer than the sole?...

Dawn HH

Given that 7" heels (w/o platforms) exist (someone just posted a video of himself walking in a pair), I'm sure this isn't the only pair of shoes where the height is greater than the shoe length.

Ben in Au, what shoe size do you wear? What is the length of the shoe (and height, if it's different from the listed 6 1/2")?

How could you possibly walk in a shoe or boot where the heel was longer than the sole? Why would anyone make such a heel? I don't think that it would help their sales any.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

poor manufacturing quality control.....(just get the cash, sport!}

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I found a nice pair of 5.5" Frederick's black leather pumps on ebay. It seems that with Frederick's, the higher the heel, the tighter the fit and this was no exception. They were very snug when I first put them on, but after wearing them every day for a few hours, they've loosened up some and are actually quite comfortable. They even have good friction material in the heel cup so that my heels don't pop out when I walk. And speaking of Hollywood Heels, I picked up a third pair of black Dames in size 11. They've become my favorite shoe - a timeless 5" stiletto pump that looks and fits great. I understand Hollywood no longer makes the Dame pump - a crying shame indeed.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

I am US Womens Size 12. At this size the heel is 7 1/2 inches. The extra heel length makes your ankle over-flex as you place your weight down on the foot. My body mass causes the heel to flex, giving a unique spring when I step off that foot (It also sheds the carpet as the heel flicks back out) Some shoes are made for walking, some are just works of art. I am a collector first and foremost... at 6ft, I don't really need the extra height. :-)

Wow, that's a big increase - from the 6 1/2" listed height, to 7 1/2" actual height. Larger size shoes (12, 13) often got a nice bonus on lower shoes (3 1/4" listed height often being a 1/2" higher), but I didn't realize it was even worse on higher heels. I guess if you really wanted 6 1/2", you'd have to look for maybe 5 1/2" - 5 3/4".

I Bought The Red Deranged Boot Size 9 And They Measure Right At 6 3/4". They Feel Real Good When I Walk In Them But Not To Far And The Heel Does Tend To Flick Out A Little.

Greatings 9inchheel :-)

Any picture to share with us ?

The other Hollywood Heels I have (Sadist and Outrageous) measure 7 1/4" at my size 10, so 7 1/2" seems right at a larger size. However, on the 2 shoes I have, the heels do not hang below the soles at all... Still, if you can walk in them, they'd be fun!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I already replied I think to a similar message but I don't mind repeating here...I treated myself to a pair of black patent metal spiked heels by "Sexy Shoes". They totally rock and I am wearing them now. I hope to learn how to post pics soon cause these are hot. You can check out the store link for a picture of the shoes....

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-693-metal-rod-pump.aspx

I think this pair will be on my "next to buy" list. Maybe I will treat myself to an early birthday gift.....

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-683-cut-out-pump.aspx

Take care all.