High Heels for babies!

HeelD

I've just come across this story on the Sky News website:

Walk Small - High Heels For Babes

They are sold here: Heels For Her

I'm not sure what to think. They're soft so no weight can placed on the heel - they're designed for babies who don't walk or crawl (0-6 months old, carried about all the time) and that's probably a good thing as we all know real heels aren't good for babies' foot development. They're a bit of a gimmick TBH. Most people who'll buy them will probably keep them in the box as a novelity item. Also they look a bit weird to me (there's a reason why Manolos and Laboutins are for adults only!) and there are much cuter baby shoes out there anyway.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

My opinion as a parent, and pretty darn good at it, remember, it isn't bragging if you can back it up. It is stupid. Three questions: 1. why? 2. can I get some for my poodle? 3. why? My two cents. Everyone is different, I am no exception, but come on. Put the 30 bucks to better use. School, maybe some toddler books, a trip to the zoo, try teaching the kid something. And yes, my kids are honor role students. Jen

Another subject for "much to do about nothing!" in my opinion. Who cares, anyway? Why does so much have to be made out of this? So, a mother found the "high heel booties" cute and "girlie," and bought a pair for her daughter, it's no ones business. When people are being slaughtered by terrorists in India and all these people can get excited about is a pair of "mock" high heel shoes for infants is incredible. Like the signature line of one of our members says" he's so narrow minded that he can see through a keyhole with both eyes." Why not find something worthy of your anger to carp about!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

yep seen it somewhere to 1.heelD its LOUBOUTIN 2. ITS A VERY SAD IDEA 3.Bubba136,yep much more serious issues to be discussed,but you could open another thread? think this is a light hearted view on human behaviour 4.Stilettoscot,love the carp,hope you put him back! 5.PatentHeel and secondtake20 think your right,its already done the rounds

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

4.Stilettoscot,love the carp,hope you put him back!

100% YES. I fish Euro methods (complete with Klin-ik), and have had nearly 3 dozen commons and a mirror over 40lbs, largest this near 50 piccied here.

That fish was my longest common at over 45", but "only" weighed 45 and change.

Sorry for the hijack..LOL

post-12454-133522873974_thumb.jpg

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

A few weeks ago I saw a girl of about 10 years old tottering around the local shopping precinct in 4" stilettos, fishnets and a ridiculously short mini skirt. The woman I assume was her mother was so proud of the way her pre-teen child was strutting her stuff. They both had a real attitude problem with everyone in their immediate vacinity, snearing, growling and even swearing at a few people for no reason whatsoever. Aside from the fact wearing stilettos is to my mind a bad thing for the child's still growing feet, what on earth does her mother think she's doing? She made Iris from Taxi Driver look like a convent schoolgirl. Children will wear their mother's stilettos, clothes and make-up as part of play, discovery and fun in their childhood. I've no problem with that. They shouldn't have it forced upon them like this. It's wrong in so many ways. Like someone else says, what next? A baby thong too?

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

... Children will wear their mother's stilettos, clothes and make-up as part of play, discovery and fun in their childhood. I've no problem with that. They shouldn't have it forced upon them like this. It's wrong in so many ways. Like someone else says, what next? A baby thong too?

Indeed they will, and dressing-up etc is harmless fun - if that is all that is involved. I recognise that I am biased (no sisters, two sons, three stepsons and almost no experience of little girls) but, 'playing at princesses' aside, I find the sight of any pre-teens in overtly 'pretty' or grown-up clothes, jewellery and/or makeup rather disconcerting. Why anyone would want to have a one- or two-year-old girl's ears pierced, for example, is beyond me. And the whole concept of pre-teen 'beauty pageants' (mercifully rare outside the US, it seems) is, at best, embarrassing. Girls (and boys) will find their own way into fashion and other 'grown-up pursuits' soon enough without undue pressure from either parents or peers.