Double Standard! Rockstars Vs. Normal Peolple Wearing Heels.

Curt

Why can rockstars and celebrities wear what they want without getting and bad reviews, and we can't? If bon jovi and ritchie sambora walked into red lobster with heels, leather pants, long hair, and a ton of jewellery, people would say cool! Let's get their autographs! But, we can't do the same thing, or can we? Let me know what you gets think. I like to look slick and trendy, but not sleazy and cheap. Or maybe wearing 4.5" pumps with girls jeans is trashy. But I wear $100.00 jeans, and $300.00 shoes. Now exactly payless pumps and walmart jeans. Ill try to post a new pic of myself in my gallery. I've got some new clothes and shoes. A lot less thrift store boots. I think I can pull off the rockstar look!

The rockstar look? I been accused of doing that. It can be pulled off, but only if you have the confidence. It is also a very put together look that requires attention to detail. Some can do it and some can't. It does require a slim frame.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

bootcat, Celebrities and noted personalities have always been cut more slack because they have entertained us or diverted our attention for a few hours from our utilitarian lives. Most humans admire confodence and it certainly takes confidence to put oneself on stage for all to see. But YOU, my friend, should not try to emulate a celebrity for your own confidence is your currency. You need not have their money and social status to dress the way you want rather you need only the desire and determination to make it happen. Keep in mind though notoriety also can mask qualities you don't want to copy. Take Jim Morrison of "the Doors". Great musician, pathetic person. Look at Barbra Streisand. Decent actress and incredible singer. Sh'e also horrible with money and a very rude and demanding snob. Other people like Sting or Bob Hope have become something so much more than their original profession because they commanded the role of "human being" and sought to improve the lives of many other human beings as well. Those are deeds worth emulating. Find your path but do it in your style and on your own terms. HappyinHeels

Simple answer is people adore them and want to be them. They help us to push fashion barriers and the truth is we CAN dress like them, there is nothing to stop us. I must admit when people first meet me they often think I am into rock music due to my jewellery and earrings, I'm quite happy for them to use that as a tool to accept the way I dress.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Well, it is not actually the kind of person, but the kind of environment you're at... or the place in the world... I believe some places like the UK, holland, are more acceptable for "different people" of any kind than other countries like Brazil or some middle east countries... If I tried to enter a cafe wearing heels, either I would be laughed at to death, or spanked by some bully... in holland you would walk around almost unnoticed I guess, or at least they would not bother you too much.

Gallux, I agree with you but the context is also important : I am very shy of wearing heels in front of other people when in a discount grocery store for example, where all people wear a face as if they just lost their parents. There it seems weird. But in large mall, yes, where you see all the girls wearing their best outfit, or downtown, where you find very different people. It is like all that time I spent browsing stores and the internet, chosing and figuring outfits, playing with fashion, is a kind of wealth / luxury only I am enjoying very selfishly. Rockstars bring good feelings to all people, and get money in return. Their outfit is part of their generosity (for some) and of their work (for all). That's where I see the difference.

Edited by Gudulitooo

Right, the rockstars/popstars and fashionistas introduce a trend, and people follow it, not literally but close to it, similar to what they do for cars, right... the concept models, end up turning into street models, a little more conservative. One example I see is Lady Gaga (not really a rockstar, more a popstar :) ) and her ultra high platforms... part of the patform trend we see nowadays I believe it is her and other similar stars influences

Why can rockstars and celebrities wear what they want without getting and bad reviews, and we can't?

If bon jovi and ritchie sambora walked into red lobster with heels, leather pants, long hair, and a ton of jewellery, people would say cool! Let's get their autographs! But, we can't do the same thing, or can we?

Let me know what you gets think.

Yes, you can. It takes confidence and an outfit that really goes together, not just sloppy guy clothes with women's heels. People with a fashion sense have showed many times on this forum that it's possible, enjoyable, and lots of fun to do. Go for it if you think you have the qualities it takes and let us know how many autographs you sign!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a ' Rock Star ' but I do play rock/metal/progressive music ( well I did ) on a regular basis at many different clubs. Its NOT ' who ' is wearing what, its how the individual carries themselves and weather or not they are comfortable with what they have on. ANYONE can put on anything and go out in public, but how will they act/react? Im a pretty ' skinny ' person. I have done gigs wearing wedge boots and even a pair of classic court-type shoes. Nobody really thought anything of it ( those around me ). The People we were playing to? Only had 1 incident that I can say was negative. Most of the people didnt care. ' Rockstars ' are more or less supposed to be ' different ' or eccentric in some ways. Elton John and his whole ' Captain Fantastic ' routine/outfits. Michael Jackson anyone? The folks I used to perform with.. The Keyboard player ( woman ) was bald. The Bass player had waist-length-ish dredlocks ( thats stunk something horrible! ), The drummer was Asian and all of 5foot tall with those ear stretching things.. I think I was the most ' normal looking ' of the group.. ROFLMAO! -ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.