Recipes

Hey folks, I 'm not really sure if anyone on this forum Knows thi or not but, the way to alot of peoples hearts is through their stomachs!!!:o Right now I'm about to make a nice pot of Pasta sauce and meat for my girlfriend and I!!!:-?

I'd love to Learn more recipies!!! I'd really to learn more Menue choices as cooking is my HOBBY AND I LOVE IT AS GREAT FOOD MAKES EVERYONE HAPPY!!!:cool1::w00t2:

Me, I always though the way to the heart was through the ribcage and up... maybe I've just spent too long playing Dungeons and Dragons. Unfortunately my wife's the good (OK, excellent) cook, so I'm a wee bit short of good recipes. However, she's dropped one very broad hint a few times: the best food is the home-cooked food you've not made yourself. Guess I'd better learn!

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

My ex-wife and parents liked a fish recipe I bashed from the chef at the cafeteria at work. He made it a few times, and finally asked him what the ingredient in the plastic squeeze bottle was (white wine). I realized it was pretty simple, so I experimented and my wife and I agreed it's actually pretty good. Note the amounts aren't exact; I kinda go by the "that's about right" approach. 3-4 tilapia fillets About 2 cups grape tomatoes about 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves 2 cloves garlic, minced. About 1/2 cup dry white wine (I usually use pinot grigiot) Saute the fish in olive oil and garlic, and add the white wine. Add the spinach and tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes and spinach are tender. Improving things more, get some Italian or French bread, and put some olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some peeled garlic cloves in a shallow bowl or plate to dip the bread in.

i tried boiling an egg once, but there were no cooking instructions on the container.....

I did the same with water. Burned it.....:o

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have a few recipes up my sleeve.

Fake Fried Chicken:

Coat whichevre pieces of chicken you would usually fry in beaten egg. Then coat in flour with whichever spices and herbs you choose to add. (You can double batter if you like)

Place on a cookie sheet or casserole dish. Bake in oven on 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until cooked all the way through. When Done, Chicken should be moist with a crunchy breaded layer, just like frying, but without the oil or fat.

Southern Style Chicken and Dumplings.

Boil 5-10 large chicken thighs or breasts until cooked or falling off bone.

Hard boil 5-7 eggs.

Make dumplings:

There are three ways to do this:

1. Use Grands Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits, roll in flour, flatten, cut into strips. (some people prefer small balls of dough instead of strips)

2. Make a bread dough using a dough batter like Bisquick using the directions on the box, then flatten and cut into strips.

3. Make dough from scratch by combining flour, water, salt, egg, and other ingredients used to make generic dough.

Brint the broth from the boiled chicken to a boil. You should use about 1/2 to 3/4 of what is left in the pot after boiling the chicken. (The pot should now be about 1/2 full of broth)

Remove the skin and bones from the chicken, break meat into smaller pieces, add to boiling broth. Remove the shell from the hard boiled eggs, chop eggs into small pieces, add to broth. Drop dumplings one at a time, remembering to stir the pot continuously. (You can drop a little flour at a time into the pot while it is boiling to thinken the broth if you would like.)

After the dumplings have soaked up the water they are going to, reduce heat and add spices and herbs to taste. I usually use salt, garlic powder, onion powder, a pinch of oregano, and a pinch of rosemary for a wonderful scent.

Let cool for a bit, then serve in a bowl with a touch or oregano on top.

"Happiness comes from within, but if there is nothing within, you can never truly be happy." - Me

i was always told at skool that i would do well if i took the subject seroiusly. A lesson i never learned.... I will gladly raise a toast to you, Vector; however, my toaster does it automatically for me.... In mitigation, however, i love growing food.... Runners beans, peas, swiss chard, spinach beet, lettuce, broccoli, swedes, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, corn salad, strawberries, courgettes, sunflowers.....

Cool!!! Maybe we need to start a garden thread as well as others for our other "Hobbies" I absolutely love the Idea as we all can share all of the other things that we have in common with one another "Besides Just Fashion"!!! Regards, Nick!!!

i tried boiling an egg once, but there were no cooking instructions on the container.....

For 2 eggs "sunnyside up" you crack 2 eggs into a medium hot skillet. Be sure to cook one egg on one side and the other egg on the other side. :o

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 month later...

All kidding aside, a spoon ful of sugar can do wonders to many recipes. Try it.

It also helps the medicine go down...in the most delightful way...

Sorry to resume the kidding. Carry on...

Style is built from the ground up!

I dont know how I missed this thread. Being a stay at home dad, I follow most recipes, and improvise a bit, but the cooking is done by me. I do have a BBQ sauce I could share though, that is all of my own creation. Its a ketchup based sauce, I still havent gotten up the courage to try a mustard based one. 2 cups ketchup 1/2 cup mustard 1 cup brown sugar 2 TBSP garlic powder 2 TBSP worcestershire sauce 2 tsp dry mustard 2tsp chili powder combine all ingredients in sauce pan, and slowly bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Thats about it. If you will be using it for, oh lets say, a pulled pork in a crock pot, you can use a splash of liquid smoke to give it that smoked flavor, or if you just prefer it. BTW, the pulledpork in a crock pot is an awesome idea...lol

I dont know how I missed this thread. Being a stay at home dad, I follow most recipes, and improvise a bit, but the cooking is done by me. I do have a BBQ sauce I could share though, that is all of my own creation. Its a ketchup based sauce, I still havent gotten up the courage to try a mustard based one.

2 cups ketchup

1/2 cup mustard

1 cup brown sugar

2 TBSP garlic powder

2 TBSP worcestershire sauce

2 tsp dry mustard

2tsp chili powder

combine all ingredients in sauce pan, and slowly bring to a boil stirring occasionally.

Thats about it. If you will be using it for, oh lets say, a pulled pork in a crock pot, you can use a splash of liquid smoke to give it that smoked flavor, or if you just prefer it. BTW, the pulledpork in a crock pot is an awesome idea...lol

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am baking BBQ chicken this week end. I will try your recipe. Thanks again.

Well folks, tommorrow I'm making Chilli. I have the peppers, beans and Beer, so, all I need is the hamburg and the stew beef!!!:thumbsup:

Use freshly ground chuck roast instead of "hamburger." It will improve the taste 100%. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.