Recipes

• 2 months later...

Would love a recipe for bread pudding, like my mum used to make when I was a kid, my mum can't remember, and I have looked everywhere. The stoggy brown stuff with currants rasins, loads of sugar on the top, you know the one (I hope).

life is not a rehearsal

Wasnt sure how to boil an egg, think i've got it cracked.... Had a go at poaching an egg, farmer shot at me with a 12 bore.... Tried to scramble an egg, but it just sat there in the box.... Wanted to fry an egg; realised it was a day early, it was only Thursday.... There must be a yoke in there somewhere....

Wasnt sure how to boil an egg, think i've got it cracked....

Had a go at poaching an egg, farmer shot at me with a 12 bore....

Tried to scramble an egg, but it just sat there in the box....

Wanted to fry an egg; realised it was a day early, it was only Thursday....

There must be a yoke in there somewhere....

Ah yes! After that, for all you out there that feel like it -- don't fire until you see the white of his eyes:w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have what I believe is the best Lasagna Recipe around. I will dig it up tonight and get it posted. It will knock you socks off and if you are not wearing socks it will knock them on. Jen speaking of chickens, Why does a chicken coop have 2 doors? If it had 4 it would be a chicken sedan. Now that was funny!

Here is my (revised) recipe for bunkhouse stew: 1 lb. ground beef 1 lb. (Jimmy Dean) Sage Sausage 4 cans (10.5 oz.) Campbells Minestrone 1 can (10.5 oz.) Rotel Tomatos 1 can (20 oz.) Mixed Veggies 1 can (15 oz.) Beef Broth (optional) 1/2 Onion (chopped) 1 tblspn black pepper 1 tblespn chillie powder 1 tblespn sugar This is the "quick-and-easy" version of this recipe. If you want to use fresh vegetables and pasta, you're free to substitute. But for a quick (about 15-20 minutes) pot of stew, this is a winner.

I have what I believe is the best Lasagna Recipe around.

I will dig it up tonight and get it posted. It will knock you socks off and if you are not wearing socks it will knock them on.

Jen

speaking of chickens, Why does a chicken coop have 2 doors?

If it had 4 it would be a chicken sedan.

Now that was funny!

Lasagne Jennifer

This southern italy recipe is meatless. Save the meat for another day.

Ingredients:

At least a quart of tomato sauce, I prefer to use Classico 4

cheese sauce and usually end up needing about 2 quarts.

1 medium carton of full-fat ricotta cheese.

1 medium carton of cottage cheese.

1 cup of grated parmeseano reggiano cheese.

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.

1 large fresh egg.

1/4 onion, chopped fine.

1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh.

1/8 cup chopped basil, fresh.

1/2 pound chopped fresh spinach.

8 ounces of additional shredded mozarella chese.

4 ounces additional grated parmesean chese.

2 Tbs Olive oil.

1 package of dry lasagne noodles, do not pre cook.

Now that you have your stuff together, let's get down to business.

Mix the ricotta, cottage and grated cheeses together with the egg, onion, spinach and herbs. Do not use the additional grated cheeses.

Cover the bottom of a large, 9 x 13 inch lasagne pan with 2 Tbs olive oil and 1/2 cup sauce. Add 3 Tbs water and mix.

Make an overlapping layer of the noodles, overlap by about half.

Add a layer of the cheese mixture. I heat this slightly on the stove to make it easier to spread on the noodles. I am obsessive, charming huh? Add a thin layer of sauce.

Continue in this manner until you run out of pasta.

Top with sauce. Then sprinkle additional grated and shredded cheese on top.

Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 50 minutes. Check occasionally and add a little 2 - 4 Tbs of boiling water to edges if pasta seems too dry.

Remove the foil and cook another 15 minutes. Check to make sure pasta is done to your preference.

Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve in squares with a fresh basil sprig.

Enjoy! Jen.