Compensation for a broken stiletto

euchrid

Stand back everybody!!! The flood is about to commence!! Better get your heels quick -- Soon, there won't be any left to buy.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think we can all agree that this is every stiletto high heels wearer's nightmare. I haven't broke a heel...yet.:o

You shouldnt have posted that, you know whats gonna happen the next time you are out in heels dont you!!!!:-?

Breaking a heel or one coming off is just as bad in a four inch blade heel as a stiletto as it happened to me walking the dog! The whole entire heel one on boot came off from the last! I had to hobble home like that (really on one heeled foot and one booted toe)!!

It's all about the heel!

did anybody in the uk hlisten to radio 2 this lunchtime on the clive anderson show, they had a discusion about it and a fellow heeler went on the radio to say about driving in heels, fair play to whom ever it was. regards kinheels

I heard a bit of the radio2 interview, but had a phonecall in the middle and must have missed the guy phoning in

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

You shouldnt have posted that, you know whats gonna happen the next time you are out in heels dont you!!!!:o

Oh, yes. I know about Murphy's Law. I had to open my mouth and brag. I will let the site know if it does happen.

Thought you peeps might like to see this...(may not be accessible from outside of UK?)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7498729.stm

A student from Cheshire has been awarded £7,000 in compensation for breaking her ankle when the heel broke off a new pair of "high" heel shoes....all 2.5inches of them :o

Wouldn't it be great if the payout was proportional to heel height....

Interesting thread here. I never had a heel snap in two in all of the decades that I have been wearing heels. Guess that I have been lucky in my choice of brands that I have been buying and since I am not wearing heels for now because of my health problems, I don't worry about this happening in the near future. I have occassionally turned over a heel but my ankles were tough enough that I didn't damage the heel or my ankle but was able to keep on going without any difficulty or pain without missing a single step. I did buy a very lovely pair of black patent mid-calf 4" stiletto heeled pointed toe boots one time through a catalog. We had had a fairly deep snow and I thought that I would take them out of the box first time and have some fun in the snow storm. I completely dressed as a woman complee with make-up and all and put on my boots and went out to have some fun in the snow. After walking for about a half mile, the left heel came completely off up to the heel cup of the boot. I retrieved the heel from the snow, turned around to head home on one heel and one toe. After a couple of blocks travel, the other heel did the same thing. Now very disgusted and having retrieved that heel, I proceeded home with my pointed toe boxes sticking up with every step and walking on my heel cups. Boy, what an unusual way of walking, but I made it home even after having a couple of gentleman asking me if I needed assistance. Dressed to the nines with coat, hat, purse, wig, make-up, hose, scarf, jewelry, etc., they mistook me for a woman and never knew any difference. I instantly fell in love with those boots the minute that I opened the box and expected many preasureable miles heeling in them but was quicky denied that pleasure. I called the catalog store, and told them what had happened and they said that they had been having a lot of trouble with them and to return them for a complete refund and that is what I did. I never found another pair to replace them with or I would have snatched them up in a minute. They were extremely stylish and very comfortable from the very beginning. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!