Can A Shoe Be Too Girly?

Simcity3

Hi, Not really possible in my opinion. If you're happy in them then they're fine. I personally think the only time a shoe is "too girly" with respect to a bloke wearing them is if the bloke can't handle them. eg. wearing heels that are beyond your ability and are too high for you to manage gracefully.

I tend to steer clear of shoes with girly tassles and/or bows, I don't really know why..... I think its mainly because they very much limit what you can wear with them and while I will wear the odd item of womens clothing, I don't wear anything thats overly girly. I like to wear women's jeans over heels, because I just can't find mens jeans in a size 30W/34L (or 30W/36L for heels). I normally wear a shirt with those or occasionally something like a womens long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve t-shirt (because womens t-shirts have a high waist which gives the illusion of longer legs). So with that in mind, very "girly" shoe's are a big no no for me.

Can Shoe Be to Girly for a guy to wear.... What do You Think?

I Personally think that they can't...

These are my favorite Pumps... I use them alot....

I think some shoes can be a bit too girly at me. I stay away from bows and ribbons. Usually the plain pumps, not too pointy, are for my public ventures. I do a selection of strappy sandals for the private sessions

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

I've also visited the Fuss website and the stuff they have there is absolutely amazing. As for the topic itself, can a shoe be too "girly"? Well, that all depends on you and your interpretation of the tem. Some here might look upon even a plain, unadorned pump as too "girly", in fact, I've read that very thing. I have no problem with that myself since I love wearing pumps. In the end, it all depends on the person and how far he's willing to push the envelope regarding shoes.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It depends on whether you base that on your own opinion or that of others. To some even cowboy boots are too girly for guys to wear, so you're better off asking yourself. Personally I don't feel comfortable in stilettos in public, so I tend to wear my high heeled New Rocks (like in my avatar) and save the stilettos for wearing round the house. However if you like what you see in the mirror and feel confident enough there's no reason why you can't wear whatever you please. Chris

YES and viva la differants! In our civilization we have certain standards to live by if we want to be socially correct. That doesn't mean these standards take into account that males have a desire to wear high heels or that females have an ability to operate in big business dealings (Governmental, Industrial, or etc.). Until society realizes the stereotypical standards do not really serve the people it supposively classifies, we will be stuck in the mind-set that men are the masculine breed of our species and the women are the feminine sect and never will the intertwain be noticed in the right context. We have been so brain-washed to consider a type of footwear has a gender classification. We have been further bombarded with the effects high heels have on the wearer and the admirer. So what! If a person wants to have a pair of heels, it is their decision -- not yours! Are you any "straighter" or "gayer" because of their decision? Are they also any "straighter" or "gayer" because of your actions. People are who they are, let them be who they are. Enjoy their differences and maybe learn something from another view. I know speaking to the choir may get some hymns.

I think they can, but it's not the heel height that determines it. I think boots rather than strappy sandles look much better on a guy even with 5-6 inch stilletto heels. On the same note, I think hoop earrings look better on guys than dangling earrings, even if they are large (5-6 inch diameter hoops). My rule of thumb is that my earrings should be the same diameter as the height of my heels and my wife heartily agrees with me.

I think it depends how you wear it, with "normal" male type clothes strappy sandals wouldn't really look right and I think boots would be a much better fit. Iv'e never thought about heel height/earing size before but personally I think those huge loop earings look a bit silly who ever is wearing them but if you like them go for it 8)

After reading many posts from guys who feel uneasy wearing heels in public, it occurs to me that the answer about shoes being too girly depends on the context of when you are wearing the shoes. If you are wearing them at home or dressed as a woman, then the answer is probably no. However, as in my case, I like to wear heels in public dressed as a man and in this situation, I would feel very uncomfortable wearing very feminine looking shoes. Therefore, I prefer boots with a 4-5 inch heel that is not overly narrow. Platforms and Stillettos are out for me. I have to admit though, I would love to see my wife in a pair of Pata's 7 inch ballet boots.

It's the girly-ness of heels that draws me to them. Most of my heels are red or white, but I have a pink pair with metal heels. I would have to say that a pair of six-inch ankle strap sandals would be my favorite. To wear a pair of anklets with them. Either dainty gold chains, or locking steel anklets...

The shoes I tend to avoid as "too girly" for me are pink or white, but it is mainly a color thing for me. I have a ouple of pair with bows, and even get into metalics some. With the right outfit almost any show will work. But the context of the whole outfit is what is critical for me.

Style is built from the ground up!