Oxford revival

For all who love Oxford shoes, here are an original '50 shot and the coloured version. Hope you like it.

post-7212-133522845472_thumb.jpg

post-7212-133522845474_thumb.jpg

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

All Not really Oxford revival but earlier this week I saw a local business woman wondering around town. Her heels did not appear all that high only 4 inches or except her feet were at an extraordinary angle, which reminded me exactly of the photo shown below. I've often wondered just how many women wore shoes such as the ones below and the others in the collection as seen before, the angle is really quite steep, obviously forcing an incredible arch on the foot. I've seen this woman around before in slightly lower heels, generally in the current style of a simple round toe court, thick heel and wide strap across the bend of the ankle but the way in which she had to walk in these was amazing. I'm afraid I bottled it with regards to speaking to her, maybe i'll say hello another time. Big D

Gary0618 Great collection of shoes, definately plenty in there that could be seen as more "masculine" but not to suggest they don't appear to be "feminine" Definately would love to get hold of a pair of the ones you have shown Oxfords were the first pair of fetish shoes I bought (not counting the ballet heels that came first) got them from Paradiso Bodyworks in Soho, no idea of the manufacturer but to me they had the correct balance of point / round to the toe and heel height. Sold them to one of our members. Big D

Gary0618

Great collection of shoes, definately plenty in there that could be seen as more "masculine" but not to suggest they don't appear to be "feminine"

Definately would love to get hold of a pair of the ones you have shown

Oxfords were the first pair of fetish shoes I bought (not counting the ballet heels that came first) got them from Paradiso Bodyworks in Soho, no idea of the manufacturer but to me they had the correct balance of point / round to the toe and heel height. Sold them to one of our members.

Big D

Frye Boots have been around for a long time, obvioulsy first making boots for men. I guess as they evolved into making boots, then shoes, for women, they kept the "masculine" look. I agree, I like many of those styles too.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

hi everybody!! Im in search of some Oxford heels, as a heel wearing man i want some heels i can wear casual and in public which won't stand out to much... Nowdays i wear normal classic pumps but they draw a little to much attention... my question: do any of you know where i can find such heels for my size (EU 44, US 10.5), preferably in Europe ( i live in the Netherlands...) grtz dizzy

There is a dynamite pair of white, high heeled oxfords with a stacked stilleto heels with red soles on a Lenscrafters TV coomercial thats been running on CNN over the lawsst six months. It shows a very fine lady holding them,, then trying them on. Anyone know who makes these exquisite shoes?

Where'd you get the white ones? I'd love to get a pair for my wife? btw-how high?

Purchased from sexy shoes from Canada. There is a web page, and I think they may still be available.

As far as the other question, they are advertised at 6 1/2", but in my size, they are a tad over 7" high.

Purchased from sexy shoes from Canada. There is a web page, and I think they may still be available.

As far as the other question, they are advertised at 6 1/2", but in my size, they are a tad over 7" high.

I´d say they are from thehighestheel? but did not know yet they were in white too.

And now a sad story. Yesterday I went and bought this pair of Oxfords, EUR40 even if I'm EUR42 (usually boots and pumps EUR41 fit like a charm, EUR40 are a bit tight). Tried this morning, damn my feet can't almost enter! Luckily I can go and change them with a pair of suede boots, cold comfort... I need you support me.

post-7212-133522847328_thumb.jpg

post-7212-133522847334_thumb.jpg

post-7212-133522847341_thumb.jpg

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

I have seen this style around quite a bit. I think a style like this will go well with a business outfit. I am planning to wear something like these together with a black or a brown suit. Sorry no pics now, since I'm not allowed to attach pictures yet. I'll maybe do that sometime later.

Edit: pictures attached

post-8547-133522847373_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522847376_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

And now a sad story.

Yesterday I went and bought this pair of Oxfords, EUR40 even if I'm EUR42 (usually boots and pumps EUR41 fit like a charm, EUR40 are a bit tight).

Tried this morning, damn my feet can't almost enter!

Luckily I can go and change them with a pair of suede boots, cold comfort...

I need you support me.

oh they are really nice...

as to feet: I´ve read several times that one should try shoes at the evening cuz the feet would be larger then. for me definitely that´s reversed, and very often normal fitting shoes appear tight to me at the morning! so thats why I usually do prefer to buy larger shoes anyway... it seems like you would have the same problem;)...

• 1 month later...

Sorry, my grandmother wore those years ago, and they always remind me of grandmother shoes.

Yes indeed, and to my mind they are ugly and unfeminine, regardless of the heel shape or height - but I accept that 'unfeminine' high heels are exactly what some men wish to wear. (I don't like men's Oxford styles either as they remind me too much of stuffy businessmen or school uniform requirements.)

This style was once very popular for normal everyday wear by UK women of all ages as it was sturdy, practical, presumably comfortable and with enough of a heel just to look stylish. But, by the late 50s, it was rarely worn by anyone under the age of 60 unless with a uniform or similar, e.g. by hospital matrons. (Oh for the days when nurses still wore black stockings, starched caps, capes etc and looked totally professional as well as smart!)

I recall that Quentin Crisp wore this style of shoe as it was about all that he could buy in the 40s or 50s that had a heel yet was superficially masculine enough to avoid too much adverse comment.