My Summer Without Heels

JeffB

I haven't worn my heels or even looked at them since around April as I've gone through the summer in just my sneakers. And you want to know something? I don't miss them at all. And that actually feels liberating to me. Reminded me of my purge period when I was without anything in the way of women's shoes and felt freer because of it as the passion had gotten out of control, so I scaled it back in the most extreme way.

This time around, I haven't purged, the shoes are still in their boxes in my bedroom, I simply haven't had anything in the way of desire to wear them, that's all. Perhaps summertime laziness has something to do with that, but I just haven't had any interest, want or desire to bother with wearing heels and the outfits I often pair with them. It's felt really good to cruise around in sloppy clothes and jeans for the last several months now, no pondering over what heels to wear, what to pair them with and where to wear it all at. Oh, yeah, I still observe what women are wearing (and wishing I didn't as it's been all flip-flops all the time, UGH!) and I still swing by here every now and then.

However, come fall when the weather turns crisp and cool, I suspect my energy for wearing heels will have returned, and I'll be back in action. But, that's for September, maybe even October, there's certainly no hurry for me. For right now, I'm just going to enjoy my summer without heels.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB -

Great to hear from you again.

I’m glad to here you looking forward for the fall. What a great time of year, the leaves put on a color show, there’s frost on the pumpkin and boots are back in the shoe stores.

I’ve always appreciated how you coordinate everything you wear and I’m shocked, shocked I say, to read that you didn’t coordinate everything around your sneakers. 8)

I’m looking forward to more of your posts (heels or not).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB -

Great to hear from you again.

I’m glad to here you looking forward for the fall. What a great time of year, the leaves put on a color show, there’s frost on the pumpkin and boots are back in the shoe stores.

This is true. I'm most eager to see what will be in the stores, even though most of same won't come in 13, but then, who's to say I won't find a hidden gem in my size? I'm hoping to put some mileage on those thigh highs I've got come fall!

I’ve always appreciated how you coordinate everything you wear and I’m shocked, shocked I say, to read that you didn’t coordinate everything around your sneakers. 8)

Like I said, the summer heat makes me lazy! HA!

As the heat goes up my heel wearing goes down as well. We are going to hit 100(F) today. Light weight microfiber slacks and a golf shirt. short (or no) socks and Italian loafers. Not that I've given up completely - I was out last week at lunch a couple times and once for an evening dinner. A couple weeks ago I was traveling to Bethesda, MD and spent the evening in heels - mostly at the bar at the Rock Bottom. Too, much to drink - but nice conversation with ladies and gents there.

i think although is it a strong interest, it comes and goes like most things. i was obsessed with snooker at one point. I dont think ive played a game for over a year now although i still like the game. I think heels are the same u lose interest for a bit but oneday comes and u feel like, oo i just fancy....

• 1 month later...

JeffB This is a terrible story! Maybe there is a call for a support group for us guys that are losing interest :-) Actually in my case its more I've put too much weight on and lost my shape. I caught sight of myself in a mirror in the airport one day and thought to myself "that looks stupid!" and its sort of put me off. I don't mind people looking at me because it's unusual as long as I can carry it off with style but style this ain't! So I've left my shoes on the shelf until i drop a few pounds Jagman

So what's all the fuss about?

JeffB

This is a terrible story! Maybe there is a call for a support group for us guys that are losing interest :-)

Well, it's not that terrible. Really! In any event, my self-imposed embargo on heels is pretty much over as I'll soon be back on the streets in the shoes that I love!

Actually in my case its more I've put too much weight on and lost my shape. I caught sight of myself in a mirror in the airport one day and thought to myself "that looks stupid!" and its sort of put me off.

I don't mind people looking at me because it's unusual as long as I can carry it off with style but style this ain't!

So I've left my shoes on the shelf until i drop a few pounds

Jagman

What a coincidence! I've been doing the same thing, losing weight, and the results so far have been pretty good, having gone from 240 in early October to my current 202. Not only do I look good, but feel good as well. That'll come handy when I return to heeling!

i went out wearing my white high heels not more than 4 times this summer! that is an all time low for me. my problem is low self esteem! i look at myself in a mirror or maybe catch a remark on the street and i take it personally, a very bad thing to do! but its autumn now and i started it off by taking my black boots from Maya with the 7.5 inch heel out of the closet and spending a day in those, walking all over this city and to a meeting with an old high school girlfriend who hasn't seen me in many years. she couldn't take her eyes off my boots. that was a confidence boost, now i'm ready autumn.

Yes Jonieheel I need someone to knock off 2 hours of my working day so I can get some serious exercise in rather than crashing out at the end of the day stuffing myself with junk food. W6ish: Long Tall Sally do 36/38 inch jeans that will hide your heels if just wearing them will satisfy you requirements. If you need to promot yourself and invite comment then you need to look your best. Then its just a fashion thing

So what's all the fuss about?