Launch Party: Friday, March 9th, 13:00 Morgan M

kneehighs

Hello Heelies from around the world! Its time to kick off the World Heel Meet 2007 Weekend! We'll be setting the stage for the greatest Heel Meet ever this day by satisfying the "foodies" within us. Morgan M has received great reviews by local food critics for its delicious and affordable French cuisine. All are welcome to join!

DATE: Friday March 9, 2007

TIME: 13:00

PLACE: Morgan M

489 Liverpool Road

Islington London N7 8NS

Telephone 020 7609 3560

Posted Image

http://www.morganm.com/index.htm

DIRECTIONS:

By Tube: Highbury-Islington - Turn left into Holloway Road, walk for about 5 minutes and turn left on Madras Place, the restaurant is located at the end of the road.

By Train: as above.

By Car: From the Angel, heading north, turn left into Liverpool Road. The restaurant is on the left near the end of the road opposite a Church Park.

From Highbury Corner, take Holloway Road exit, turn left into Palmer Place and left again into Liverpool Road at first set of lights.

DRESS CODE: Smart Casual

REVIEWS OF MORGAN M:

Morgan M is that that rare thing: a modern' date=' formal neighbourhood restaurant owned by a chef with pedigree. Morgan Meunier used to be head chef at the Admiralty, and before that at the Michelin-Starred Monsieur Max in Twickenham. He's been delighting critics and burghers of Islington with divine French food since taking residence on Liverpool Street in 2003. Popular starters include foie gras on toasted brioche, followed by a perfectly roasted duck breast, the leg confit, with a poelee of cepes, spinach and red wine jus. Vegetarians have a dedicated menu - The From The Garden. Do keep room for dessert. Also remember to be on your best behaviour, as Monsieur Meunier often emerges to greet his grateful guests once their plates are empty. As they inevitably are.[/quote']

LATECOMERS: I'll have a cell phone number posted shortly. We need one confirmed attendee to be gracious enough to offer their cell for latecomers or people who are lost. Any volunteers?

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here in this thread. That way the entire audience of potential attendees benefits. As well, please let me know here if you plan on attending. I need to have a rough idea of how many people will be attending so I can make a proper reservation as soon as possible.

See you there!

This is exciting! :wink::spin2::D

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I took ruth out for a meal last week and ordered everything in French. It surpised everybody, it was a Chinese restaurant. Boom Tish! Count me in though I will need to confirm nearer the time. Also assuming I will be there you can PM my mobile number to attendees.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Count Angela and I in for lunch on the 9th,

david

Hello Heelies from around the world! Its time to kick off the World Heel Meet 2007 Weekend! We'll be setting the stage for the greatest Heel Meet ever this day by satisfying the "foodies" within us. Morgan M has received great reviews by local food critics for its delicious and affordable French cuisine. All are welcome to join!

DATE: Friday March 9, 2007

TIME: 13:00

PLACE: Morgan M

489 Liverpool Road

Islington London N7 8NS

Telephone 020 7609 3560

Posted Image

http://www.morganm.com/index.htm

DIRECTIONS:

DRESS CODE: Smart Casual

REVIEWS OF MORGAN M:

LATECOMERS: I'll have a cell phone number posted shortly. We need one confirmed attendee to be gracious enough to offer their cell for latecomers or people who are lost. Any volunteers?

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here in this thread. That way the entire audience of potential attendees benefits. As well, please let me know here if you plan on attending. I need to have a rough idea of how many people will be attending so I can make a proper reservation as soon as possible.

See you there!

This is exciting! :wink::spin2::D

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• 2 weeks later...

ATTENTION INTERESTED MORGAN M ATTENDEES:

Morgan M is a classy dining establishment in contention for a Michelin Star. At the great prices they offer, they will have no problem filling up their establishment on our desired date--without us.

So its become necessary for us to "force" a more serious committment from those who would like to attend.

Please let me know by Thursday, January 26th.

Thank-You for your immediate cooperation.

You can still catch up with us after lunch, if you can't meet us at Morgan M. We will have a cell phone number posted soon so you can meet up with us later.

ATTENTION INTERESTED MORGAN M ATTENDEES:

So its become necessary for us to "force" a more serious committment from those who would like to attend.

Please let me know by Thursday, January 26th.

Thank-You for your immediate cooperation.

Kneehighs: You can count me in, but I think you know that already. I might not eat that much because I guess I will have had my english breakfast just some hours before (smile) but for sure I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see some old friends and make some new.

Hopefully the weather will be better than what we are having today. I was on the town tonight and some -5C (24F?) and some snow that had melted during the day and frooze for tonight made my walk in 4" heels a bit interesting. From what I could see (not very many people out though) my heels were the highest around :wink:

Okay, while reading the post I was wondering m or f as you were talking about walking in public in HH so decontractelly... And I haven't watched you profile, sorry. Just looked at your picture and didn't be sure you were m... Will you be in London on March 11st?

Okay, while reading the post I was wondering m or f as you were talking about walking in public in HH so decontractelly... And I haven't watched you profile, sorry. Just looked at your picture and didn't be sure you were m...

Will you be in London on March 11st?

Thx, I guess?? With shorter pants you for sure could tell.....

Yep, I will arrive 8:th and leave 12:th.

What about you?

Sorry guys, I won't be coming to the restaurant but I can certainly possibly meet for drinks in the evening. I'll let you know as I'm changing positions within the company I now work for at the end of the month and my new role, I think, will have an early and late shift rota.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

I'm happy to announce that I'm gonna be of yours...

Yes, really happy to share the love I've for heels with other people...

I'll be there from Friday 9th to Sunday 11th.

I'll meet you at the Morgan M restaurant arround 13.00.

Can you confirm this meeting point and time is ok?

...snip...

f_private, we will all be delighted to meet you. Personally, I am counting down the weeks and days until I get to meet up with old friends again and make some new friends too!

The reservation for 13:00 at Morgan M is already done.

Date: Friday, March 9th

Time: 13:00

Purpose: Launch the World Heel Meet Weekend over great French food

The reservation only includes the following 10 confirmed attendees:

1. kneehighs--United States

2. heeluis--Germany

3. admirer5577--Sweden

4. Robert--Netherlands

5. iloveboots--Canada

6. Angela--Canada

7. f_private--Belgium

8. Thighboots2--England

9. Fog--England

10. Mrs. Fog--England

If anyone else who is not included on this list wishes to be included on the list, please RSVP (via private message) Fog by Monday, March 5th.

Some guidelines on being included on the list for Morgan M:

• changing a ‘yes’ to a ‘no’ is only acceptable on account of: illness or injury, a death in the family or an unavoidable professional or business conflict. Contact either me or Fog immediately.
  • Being a “no show” is unacceptable.
  • Changing a ‘no’ to a ‘yes’ is OK if you RSVP Fog by March 5th

.... Can you also confirm it'll be ok to put on my heels on there?

Fred

Of course it will be okay to wear your heels, provided you meet the restaurant's "smart casual" dress code. As I am sure you are already aware, conventionally this usually means dress trousers, a turtleneck or mock turtleneck, a dress shirt or a silk long sleeve sport shirt, a tie (optional), and a jacket or sport coat.

Ultimately, as long as we act in a civilized and courteous manner, we will be fine. Clothes do not make the man. Behavior makes the man. :wink:

f_private, we will all be delighted to meet you. Personally, I am counting down the weeks and days until I get to meet up with old friends again and make some new friends too!

I'll also be happy to meet you... Seeing real person is so much better than only "userid"... And I'm counting down the days too up to March 9th!

Quote:

Originally Posted by f_private

.... Can you also confirm it'll be ok to put on my heels on there?

Fred

Of course it will be okay to wear your heels, provided you meet the restaurant's "smart casual" dress code. As I am sure you are already aware, conventionally this usually means dress trousers, a turtleneck or mock turtleneck, a dress shirt or a silk long sleeve sport shirt, a tie (optional), and a jacket or sport coat.

Ultimately, as long as we act in a civilized and courteous manner, we will be fine. Clothes do not make the man. Behavior makes the man. :wink:

Excuse me for my English who isn't so good... My poor English. What I meant by that question is "Will there be a room where I can change from regular man shoes to high heels shoes (as I don't know yet if the hotel will give me the check-in room at 12.00)?"

....snip....

Excuse me for my English who isn't so good... My poor English. What I meant by that question is "Will there be a room where I can change from regular man shoes to high heels shoes (as I don't know yet if the hotel will give me the check-in room at 12.00)?"

No worries about your English! At least you are making an effort and most of the time, your English appears quite good actually :wink:

Perhaps you could bring a change of shoes along in a messenger bag...and walk straight from the entrance to the bathroom and change in the bathroom? Then do the whole coat check thing?

Granted, it's not the most glamorous way to change, but historically, it's proven quite pragmatic.

Just some information here.

The lunch list at Morgan M is now closed.

No more reservations will be made for additional attendees.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.

Morgan M has already expressed reservation about accomodating 8 people, let alone 10.

We will be posting a contact cell phone number for those who would like to meet up with us once lunch is over--at which point all are encouraged to join us afterwards.

The final list includes the following Guaranteed Attendees:

1. kneehighs--United States

2. heeluis--Germany

3. admirer5577--Sweden

4. Robert--Netherlands

5. iloveboots--Canada

6. Angela--Canada

7. f_private--Belgium

8. Thighboots2--England

9. Fog--England

10. Mrs. Fog--England

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you wishing to contact me at the Winrose, simply call this cell phone number:

07815 639386.

Special Thanks goes to Thighboots2 for scoring a prepaid cell phone.