Starting My Collection Over

JeffB

Now that I'm back, but with a healthier attitude towards my passion, I've decided to start rebuilding my collection, but since my opportunities to wear heels will be limited to the occasional weekend, I won't need a fraction as many shoes as before. Surfing online retailers reminded me of how difficult it is to find heels in 13 wide that aren't the typical fetish junk that I've always steered away from. Makes me wish I hadn't been so hasty and gave away everything in my old collection. Oh, well. After cruising through Zappo's, I found this style that appeals to me:

Posted Image

This shoe is called "Crysta" from RSVP, and it fills my longstanding requirement for a simple, stylish, non-trampy looking shoe with a decently high heel (4 inches) that I can wear in public with dress pants or jeans, whenever that figures to be. And with pointy toes in vogue (despite having stepped back, I continued to observe what women wore), this will make for a nice start to a new but considerably smaller shoe collection. Like back in the day, I'd appreciate your feedback on what I've chosen, especially since my old fashion sense is dulled from lack of use. Thanks in advance.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I almost ordered a pair of those over the summer, I wanted em in the black peau, but they never went on sale. I may consider the silver with the black heel (as opposed to the wood style heel).

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I almost ordered a pair of those over the summer, I wanted em in the black peau, but they never went on sale. I may consider the silver with the black heel (as opposed to the wood style heel).

I believe the black peau are currently available at Zappo's. Being a traditionalist when it comes to colors, I wanted them in black but they're not in stock, and having just returned to the passion, I don't think I'm ready to venture out in black patent, so navy will have to be my choice if I go with those shoes which I like. I'll keep you appraised on my choice.

Surfing online retailers reminded me of how difficult it is to find heels in 13 wide that aren't the typical fetish junk that I've always steered away from.

actually I'm tending to steer straight TOWARDS the more fetishistic styles like 6"-8.5" platforms and Ballet heels..

as I DON'T - make that - REFUSE to! streetheel 6"- 8.5 Stripper/Fetish platforms (and possibly ballet boots) tend to be a bit too high for guys to wear in public!...

basically liking the more crazy styles is my "govornor" to stop me from doing something stupid...!

actually I'm tending to steer straight TOWARDS the more fetishistic styles like 6"-8.5" platforms and Ballet heels..

as I DON'T - make that - REFUSE to! streetheel 6"- 8.5 Stripper/Fetish platforms (and possibly ballet boots) tend to be a bit too high for guys to wear in public!...

basically liking the more crazy styles is my "govornor" to stop me from doing something stupid...!

My apologies. I never meant to offend you or anyone who likes wearing fetish footwear. I guess I'm just too straitlaced to consider stuff like that.

Now that I'm back, but with a healthier attitude towards my passion, I've decided to start rebuilding my collection, but since my opportunities to wear heels will be limited to the occasional weekend, I won't need a fraction as many shoes as before. Surfing online retailers reminded me of how difficult it is to find heels in 13 wide that aren't the typical fetish junk that I've always steered away from. Makes me wish I hadn't been so hasty and gave away everything in my old collection. Oh, well. After cruising through Zappo's, I found this style that appeals to me:

Posted Image

This shoe is called "Crysta" from RSVP, and it fills my longstanding requirement for a simple, stylish, non-trampy looking shoe with a decently high heel (4 inches) that I can wear in public with dress pants or jeans, whenever that figures to be. And with pointy toes in vogue (despite having stepped back, I continued to observe what women wore), this will make for a nice start to a new but considerably smaller shoe collection. Like back in the day, I'd appreciate your feedback on what I've chosen, especially since my old fashion sense is dulled from lack of use. Thanks in advance.

Hi JeffB,

IMO they are optimal for a court shoe rsp. pumps lover. Together with neutral beige stockings under jeans they are a good style for every day street heeling.

I'm a bootlover but by the time I've become also more reserved like you. I need not to wear every day 5'' thigh high boots on the street. In my job I was always very careful with outings. My fresh pierced lip ring was sometimes really a problem. I took it out because of a meeting with customers. Afterwards I had only problems with inserting it again.

The same problem in July 2003 with my tattoo on the right upper arm. We had for weeks more then 40 Cel here in Frankfurt. That must have been more than 100 degrees Fahrenheit. I decided that its time to stop all this shy nonsense. No long arm t-shirts at this desert climate only for hiding my tattoo at a customers date. I pulled on a muscle shirt.

The first comment of one of the bosses of the company "Oh, you are also(!) wearing a tattoo. Its beautiful! At which studio was it done?" Tee hee :rocker:

micha (*still hoping to get sometimes similar nice comments for my heels*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Those are very nice shoes JeffB, I'd buy a pair of those myself. One question though, what on earth is "peau"?

Chris

Well, peau de soie is a smooth, satiny type material. Shoes made from that are for fancy, dress up affairs rather than for every day wear.

Luxxyheels: A question, what size did you buy them in? They don't come in wide widths, and with the pointed toe, I'm guessing I'd have to buy one to two sizes higher than my male size. Could you provide some additional info? Thanks!

Well, peau de soie is a smooth, satiny type material. Shoes made from that are for fancy, dress up affairs rather than for every day wear.

Luxxyheels: A question, what size did you buy them in? They don't come in wide widths, and with the pointed toe, I'm guessing I'd have to buy one to two sizes higher than my male size. Could you provide some additional info? Thanks!

I got them in a 14, and they are a wee bit big. I could not wear them without some type of hosiery though.

I got them in a 14, and they are a wee bit big. I could not wear them without some type of hosiery though.

Most interesting. When I order women's shoes in medium sizes, I often go to 14 to compensate for the lack of width. I'll keep that in mind if I order a pair. Thanks for the info!

Well, at least you're one of the members here who can use Zappos!

Here's another outstanding resource: http://www.tallwoman.org. Check out their Shoes USA link on the left - about 30 resources are available.

For those who're outside the US, the Shoes link on the left points to your own resources throughout the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, and many other countries.

It's an unbelievable resource!

Well, at least you're one of the members here who can use Zappos!

Here's another outstanding resource: http://www.tallwoman.org. Check out their Shoes USA link on the left - about 30 resources are available.

For those who're outside the US, the Shoes link on the left points to your own resources throughout the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, and many other countries.

It's an unbelievable resource!

Many thanks for this mention. The shopping resources was incredibly extensive. I'll certainly have fun checking them out!

Well, the rebuilding process has begun. Yesterday, I wandered into Payless for the first time in well over a year and, out of curiosity went to the women's are to see what they had in 13. Much to my surprise, I found these beauties:

Posted Image

Called "Radar", it's a downright gorgeous faux croc skin ankle boot with a thin four inch heel and a sexy pointed toe. It was hard not for me to gasp when I saw those boots, so I bought them on the spot. Rushing home, I wasted no time trying them on and the fit was perfect since they're a wide width. These boots will match perfectly with my jeans and are tailor made for public wear, which I plan to do real soon once I get up the nerve to venture out again. I'll keep everyone appraised on that.

As for the rsvp pumps, I'm going to wait and see if they become available in black. if not, I'll go with navy.

Jeff - What a great selection to start rebuilding. I tend to like boots more than pumps anyway and I didn’t want to push things by suggesting that. However, the proper sequence is to try them on then rush home to wear them, not rush home to try them on to see if they fit. Of all places to try on shoes, Payless is the best. They don’t care who you are or what you try on as long as you buy something.:rocker:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Am too reducing my heel collection. Am down to 4 pairs of high heeled boots. Not sure if I will stop at this point or go completely to zero. I find I am still looking. Interested to see how it continues to go with your experience. My size 12M to 12W is a bit easier to find nowadays.

classic style high heel boots

Ahhh rebuilding the collection eh? Had to do that a few times myself before I just said oh well. Thats a nice shoe to start rebuilding your collection with.

Me, too, about three times. For the first few years after I began wearing heels, I'd thought the wife was ok with it (heck, she even recommended it, initially, and would often say things like, "Why don't you wear your heels tonight, dear?"). Then, over a period of about three years, she'd leave for about a week, saying she wanted a divorce over my heeling, but return. Each time I'd throw out my collection, but each time she'd tell me that she was ok with my wearing heels. Almost three years ago and after the third time, I got a clue and didn't rebuild my stock.

Sadly, she discovered her problem was that she was allergic to marriage and left anyway. About a month later, I purchased a couple pair and it's grown to about 20, today.

Jeff -

What a great selection to start rebuilding. I tend to like boots more than pumps anyway and I didn’t want to push things by suggesting that.

However, the proper sequence is to try them on then rush home to wear them, not rush home to try them on to see if they fit. Of all places to try on shoes, Payless is the best. They don’t care who you are or what you try on as long as you buy something.:rocker:

Well, I would've tried them on, but I was running late and had to get home in time for Sportscenter. One must have priorities in life after all. Heh! Fortunately, I've bought shoes and boots from Payless in the past and knew they would fit, and these did, perfectly. The next step would be to take pictures and show them off with an appropriate outfit for all here to see. I'll work on that next. Then comes a public outing. That should be fun!

AN UPDATE!

I just ordered a pair of the RSVP Crysta pumps from Zappos in navy leather as seen below:

Posted Image

The price, originally $64.95 was recently marked down to $47.95, so I decided to jump on them with both feet and ordered a pair because I loved the style from the first time time I saw them. As soon as they arrive, I'll let everyone know what I think of them. And yes, I'll certainly take them out on the town!

NEWSFLASH!! The rsvp Crysta pumps from Zappos arrived today, a day or so earlier than I expected, so here's my report on them.

Just looking at the shoes when I took them out of the box, I was instantly impressed with the sharply pointed toes and the dynamically styled heel which checked in at a fraction under four inches (measured from the back). I wasted no time slipping on tan kneehigh stockings (which I bought in advance of getting the shoes and my navy dress pants, the shoes matched them to perfection in terms of color. More importantly, the fit was great, even though they were medium width, and I often take a wide in women's shoes.

Doing a little walking around the house in them, I found the pumps quite comfortable and easy to walk in, even without innersoles. Next, I paired the shoes with my long jeans and again, the Crystas looked great with that long pointed toe jutting out. Because the soles are glass smooth instead of ribbed, I'll have to buy safety sole pads to put on the bottoms. Otherwise, this is just about a perfect shoe. Once I muster up my courage, I'll take them out for a trip!

awesome report! You said you bought a 14M right? I might just have to take a 14W or maybe even the WW. If I order them I'll give a report too.

I don't think those shoes come in any other size but medium. Heaven knows I would've gone for wide if they were available.

So I am doing the same, rebuilding my collection. After venturing out to Electrique Boutique here in Dallas I decided to take my chances with two pairs from http://dressed2play.com/.. Anyone familar with this site? Seemed to have a good selection and good prices, just wondering what I had payed for. Figuring it was a safe bet for the low prices.

Also anyone have some good suggestions for some more tasteful high heels. I tend to like boots better then pumps, much like the ones Jeff got from Payless.

Some of their prices seem high, others seem OK. There is also Affections Gifts and Cards, including Heels for You, in Plano. They seem very nice to deal with. I have also had good service from Beverly Heels and Snaz75.

• 4 weeks later...

Posted Image

Here's my full blown review of the rsvp Crysta pumps:

I've worn these shoes three times now, and I just can't rave enough about what absolutely great pumps these are! They're sleek, stylish and comfortable, the pointed toes are to die for and the four inch heels are perfect for outings where I do a goodly amount of walking, say at the mall.

After a proper breaking-in period from my outings, the Crystas are now like butter on my feet, almost like they were custom made, so much so that if it weren't for the satisfyingly loud click of the heels when I walk, I'd forget I had them on! And, above all else, the Crystas look damn great on me, either with long jeans or dress pants. I don't mind saying I practically hate taking them off, they feel that good on me!

It's taken virtually no time at all for the Crystas to become my favorites. At the risk of spouting mindless hyperbole, these might just be the best women's shoes I've ever owned, and I'm angling to get them in black, even black patent when they become available at Zappos! If you can find them, buy them! I recommend the Crystas highly!