Pleasers Quality

whynotheels

While reading this board I got hooked up with www.howcool.com. I really like the 3" Pleasers. I've heard the brand mentioned here before. Can anyone tell me about them? Are they the typical plastic and cardboard shoes from China or do they have some padding and other signs of quality?

Second question is about size. In the past I've wore 3.5" pumps that were wide and still crushed my toes. I've also worn 5" T-straps that were a bit loose. Based on that, which probably isn't relevant at all, should I go with a 14W or a 15W in hte Pleasers?

BONUS QUESTION: Is howcool.com a respectable company?

Thanks for your advice.

Assuming they've gotten more organized since 1999, I wouldn't fear ordering from HowCool. In '99 I had a great experience with them and a not so good one -- I guess the fact that they made good on their mess-up is enough to give them a chance. I think Pleasers brand shoes are well made. Common sense says if you buy a pair of pumps for $14 you can expect plastic and cardboard, but the Pleasers plastic and cardboard is the best! Some of their styles are available in leather for $10-20 more and my one experience with their leather I'm impressed. It's a pair of knee high ballet boots and the leather molds to my legs perfectly and feels luxurious.

I have 2 pairs of Pleaser 8226 4" heel courts. I like them so much I only wear them indoors to save damaging them. I will certainly them again.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Both Pleaser's and Ellie's are made in China and I have found them to be reasonable quality and a good value for the price. I have put a lot of miles on my thigh boots without problems. The synthetic material boots are well made but I perfer the leather ones. Unless they say otherwise they are pig leather which wears well however the cow leather ones look and feel better (and cost a little more). I have purchased from HowCool without problems and when I did have a size problem the return service was excellent. Do check out their bargin page for stuff in your size.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have several pairs of Pleasers including pleather and leather and am quite pleased for the most part. Most are 5-inchers and one pair has 5.75" heels. The 8220s in particular are very flexible. One word of caution: they tend to be on the tight side, so unless you like a tight fit, go up a half size or a full size from what you normally wear. In my case, I went with size 11, since that's what I normally wear, and have had to use a stretcher on the left shoe in each case. Beyond that, they're great-looking shoes and are easy to walk in once they're broken in.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

I purchased from How Cool some years ago. All went well. The only problem was the long wait for an out of stock shoe (which they warned me about). Re: Pleaser, I have a pair or two, and like the others say, you get what you pay for. I found them good quality for the price. Long story short, I would buy from How Cool again, and would buy Pleaser again also without hesitation.

Pleaser has an excellent product for what you pay, so does Ellie. Many of the models are sold by both Pleaser and Ellie. I think they both purchase their shoes from the same vendor in China.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have a pair of Pleaser Sky-301 7" platform mules (see avatar) when I got them they we the most uncomfortable things around but they are ok now... occasionally have the problem arise again every now and then... if Sunset Strip Shoes offered their 8.5" plats in US womens 13/14 I would have had a pair of those.... :roll: later, TXT-1

If you have a narrower foot than normal, be suspect. The vast majority of close-toed Pleasers have a pointed toebox. Usually my size in women's is a little loose, but the one pair of Pleasers boots I purchased (in leather) were loose everywhere but the toebox, where it was so cramped I could have screamed. So - short, stubby toes, no problem. Anything else, look elsewhere. But by no means are they "anatomically correct" shoes like Clarks, Franco Sarto, or other better-known manufacturers with whom I've been very pleased. My favorite pair of boots are made by Predictions. Leather, side-zips, no lacing, with the rubber bottom and 2-1/2" block heel. Absolutely exquisitely well-fitted boots and have probably put more than 100 miles on them walking around town and all over Germany over the last year.

So - short, stubby toes, no problem. Anything else, look elsewhere.

Actually I have just the opposite. I have very long toes. My sister used to pick on my feet when we were young saying I had fingers on my feet instead of toes. Anyway I find that my long toes conform easily to a pointed toe box, and comfortably. I love my Pleasers with the classic pointed toe box.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

In all fairness Dr1819 doesn't like pointed toes because he finds them uncomfortable. Pleasers are no different in this respect to other pointy toes, if you can wear them comfortably in general, you'll be fine with the Pleaser ones. My only problem is that I'm a US 10 1/2, and they don't do half sizes! Chris

It depends on the socks. With sport socks I can wear an 11 comfortably, but my usual thin cotton ones are not much thicker than opaque hosiery. While I usually wear socks under boots, I prefer knee highs or bare feet with shoes. That said, my Pleaser Domina sandals are a 10, and they have given a bit with wear despite being PU so they're quite comfortable now. Well, as comfortable as you can expect on a six inch heel! :roll: Chris

I think Pleaser shoes are great and I will be buying another pair soon, but I have to order the next size up from what I would normaly wear.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"