What shall we do with heated political discussion threads?

Firefox

What shall we do with Mr Turbo's heated political discussions and name calling threads  

384 members have voted

1. 1. What shall we do with Mr Turbo's heated political discussions and name calling threads

• Leave them, it's freedom of speech
    • Remove them from the board, they give a poor impression and don't belong here
    • I don't care either way

Whilst I am a great believer in free speech and expression of one's self, there has to be a line drawn when an individual crosses the line and becomes a nuisance, whether that be to some or all. Yes, we do have some that bypass the offending areas and happily go on to read only what interests them and fair play to them. But, in this case I find the offender is flouting the integrity of the board by purposely goading people into a 'pissing match'. I'm pretty sure that as soon as someone says a word that he deems deragotary to his president, a one George W Bush, he immediately jumps onto his soapbox to try and promote the virtues of the man. Again, a fun thread that was intended to be have been just that, FUN, was immediately attacked by him and started a name calling session to which there was no provocation save that which exists only in his mind. If the search in question had brought up Blair, it would still have been posted as it would have promoted the fun factor to which we were aspiring. Instead we have a personal vendetta brought on by the rantings of a socially deluded individual who refuses to see a point of view different than his own. I have voted to remove the offending threads and the user to be cautioned. However, there are others who are responsible for egging him on into continuing his mantra of self proclamation as the sole provider of enlightenment of his president. Is he being paid by Bush for this? Maybe he should save he energies into being a slightly more productive member of society instead of wasting his and others time with the unwarranted abuse that he obviously enjoys posting. I refuse to answer his posts other to to say "face, bothered, bothered, face, look I ain't bothered" Give the troll a wide berth and if you can't think of anything to say that he can't retaliate against, then don't reply to him. Doesn't mean you have to bow down and praise him and agree with what he has to say, but argue your point with the specifics and not degenerate to name calling if you feel you are losing the argument. It does appear that the user is quite intelligent, but his spoutings of what one man has done compared to 99% of the population is no indicator that the man knows what he is doing. The user is clearly locked into his own world and doesn't like anything that conflicts with what he calls 'his domain'. No taint may foul. Avoid this user unless you have a valid point. But, this user must also stop interfering with a thread just because GW Bush is mentioned in a possibly negative light. I'm going to stop now before I have the rest of my brain wake up and really labour the point.