Should I have spoken up?

Spikes

I had a very interesting situation happen this week. I was working out of the office with a few female business associates. We were doing a photo shoot and had asked one of the background models to bring some of her own wardrobe both business and casual attire. Much to my enjoyment, she showed up wearing a pair of red stiletto pumps with 4 inch European cigarette or pencil heels. I was in heaven watching her walk around in those beautiful shoes. Anyway, at lunch I was sitting with my female associates and they started talking about her heels and how hard it must be for her to walk in them. One of the women said that the only higher heels she could wear were the kind that looked wide from the back and narrow from the side.........blade heels you idiot. Then one of the other women said she liked those tiny heels that were only about an inch high.......again, kitten heels you idiot. I obviously had more knowledge about what they were discussing than they did. Although I was enjoying the conversation, I really wanted to jump in and contribute to the discussion, but I kept to myself fearing they would think it strange to have all this knowledge about heels. How should I have handled it?

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

Spikes, you lucky lad. :oops: I bet the model knew exactly what her shoes were doing to all the red blooded males round the shoot. As to the lunchtime chat, it depends upon how well you know the female associates, as you could appear too "keen" and thus they could label you in the way you don't wish them too. :lol: The only possible thing you could have said would have been on the lines of a compliment that they would look just fine wearing similar shoes. I would suggest that you did the right thing there. :wink: TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

You're obviously doing a fashion shoot so it follows that you're a fashionista of some kind. Aren't you supposed to know all about that kind of thing. Perhaps the ladies knew and were trying to get you to chime in so they could catch you! :wink:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I once told a female work colleague that the shoes she bought could've been bought from New Look for about half the price. She looked at me suspiciously and made a joke along the lines of "Eye eye, you know an awful lot about women's shoes don't you? Don't wear them do you? ;)". Hey, even if a guy isn't into wearing women's shoes he can at least know what shoe stores his GF may go to. :wink: I would've just told them the correct terminology TBH. Not all guys are ignorant to female footwear - especially us! :lol: (I reckon they'd be impressed).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I talk shoes with my female coworkers at work. It's absolutely great to be in conversations with them that other guys are missing out on. Once more since they know I wear heels outside of the office, they don't see it as any sort of perversion. They treat me like one of the girls, who just happens to be a guy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Like Shafted, I also rap with my female co-workers about shoes at every opportunity. After several years of wearing pumps at the office, they appreciate my knowledge and style when it comes to shoes. I've even had women come to me for advice of what color shoes to wear with what outfit, what heel height would work best, and on one occasion (I believe I mentioned this on another post), a lady asked me to come to a nearby department store with her and help her pick out a nice pair of heels she needed for a social function she was going to. The fact that she trusted my sense of style over all the other women in the facility made me feel very good, and I picked out a great pair of shoes which she loved. Again, like Shafted, when it comes to shoes, I'm just one of the girls! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Spikes:

really wanted to jump in and contribute to the discussion, but I kept to myself fearing they would think it strange to have all this knowledge about heels.

Why would they think it strange? You are, afterall, a fashion (amongst other subjects) photographer, aren't you? I would think that a photographer must have a knowledge of not only the technical aspects of photography (lighting, shutter speed, etc) but knowledge about the specific subject, they way they dress, make up, the way they move, and other such obversations thay you might pick-up during your "years" of experience as a photographer. That would be my reason, if women were inclinde to make more of my knowledge of shoes than a "man" should know.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There is, unfortunately, a very marked, almost paranoic, tendency in the human psyche to hide one's personal knowledge about a forbidden subject that said person is intimately involved with, to the point of avoiding the display of even normal knowledge about the subject--because one is now not even sure what normal knowledge would be--be it high heels or other women's attire, or industrial espionage. At some point, you're just going to have to take a risk, and see what develops.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Thanks Azraelle, your thoughts are very insightful. Having had a fetish for high heels most of my life and having a pretty intimate knowledge of womens' shoes, I find myself unsure of what knowledge I can comfortably reveal to friends and business associates. I envy those of you who have been able to "come out of the closet" with your friends and associates. It must be very rewarding to converse about something you are so interested in. I find it much easier to talk to strangers about footwear, whether it be complimenting someone on their choice of heels or talking to someone about the heels I am wearing because it doesn't affect the rest of my life. I am able to balance this dual life, but always regret those missed opportunities where I might have been able to interject my knowledge amongst friends, without making it appear as my passion.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

Spikes, I understand completeley and all of you make sense. The only person who really knows me (and about my fetish) other than my wife is my sister in law. The three of us are very close in a family sorta way. Several years ago I was out of state on business amd staying in a motel. In the room next to mine were two girls who I helped with a minor problem. At first I didnt clue into it but they were lesbians. It turned out that most of the people in the motel were either gay men or lesbians and on a road trip for a gay pride meet or something. That night we all partied together and the conversation turned to what was my opinioun of those with alternative sexual preferences.. I felt like I was under a microscope but it was easy for me to explain my fetish for wearing high heels. We were all different and i'm sure that there was a mutual understanding between us. Later I put on a pair of 4" heels and went back to the party and we all had a good laugh. Although these were nice people and I would never see them again, This was a one time thing. The fear of being found out is overwhelming.........Larry.

Love those heels!

Hey Larry, I too have told my two sister in laws about wearing heels. One doesn't know I like pumps too, the other I actually went out to dinner so I could wear my pumps in public! Yes, I agree, it is nice to go shopping and point out what I like or go online and say "What do you think of the shoes/boots" or even show her my new purchases when they come in:) I've even helped her and my wife find shoes and was told "your better at picking shoes than us". Scotty

Spikes:-) You could have eased yourself into the conversation by commenting on the red shoes worn by the model and then could have navigated through the discussion from there. I think you missed an opportunity there. If questioned how and why you know so much about women's footwear, you could have said..."Well, after all, I AM a fashion photographer and it is my job to have such knowledge". And then, nothing else would have been thought or said about it and all present would have accepted everything from there on and you would have been "In like Flynn". After all, like all the others here, I'm just one of the girls too. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!