Wearing high heels but..

Tommy

Hi everyone. I'm a 15 year old boy, and I just love high heels. I want to wear some high heels, but no single pair of shoes fits my feet ( the shoes of my mother off course ). I'm scared. I think the people will laugh at me because I'm a youngster who wants to buy high heels. And I'm afraid too that I never can wear high heels, becuase I have big feet. Are there some shops in Flandres ( Belgium ) who makes special womenshoes etc.. and who can answer me what I should do with this problem ? pls help me.

tomdekeyser1337@hotmail.com

hello tommy. i've been wearing heels since i was thirteen. So don't worry because you are young. I think most of us on here have been wearing heels or had the urge to since a young age. I think it's something you are born with, and you can either embrace the feeling or try and supress it, but it tends to have a funny way of creeping back up on you all the time!!!

Why do we have to conform with fashion??? Boots are the way forward

Well, I really don't know what size.. I always have been wearing skateshoes. These shoes are allways bigger than the size of a " normal " shoe. But the shoes I have, are 47 ( I think nr. 11 or 12 in American size ). The most women shoes are not so big I guess. And I have big feet. The shoes are mostly too small... And I'm so unhappy about that :P

Tommy:-) There is nothing that can be done about shrinking the size of your feet as we are born with genes that determine what size our body parts will be and that's unchangable. Let me belay your fears...you CAN be fitted with and enjoy wearing women's high heels. It sounds like you are just starting out in the wearing of heels and there is a wealth of people and advise here on the Forum to help you out. You are definitely in the right place and most, if not all, of us started out at a very young age to wear heels. I started when I was 12 years old and at 70 I am thoroughly enjoying wearing heels yet. There are a lot of guys on this Forum with feet a lot bigger than yours and they eventually are able to obtain high heeled shoes for themselves. You are definately not alone in this and you are among a very friendly bunch of people world-wide. Welcome to the Forum. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi Tommy welcome to the forum, If you wish to be descrete in your buying, try EBay, you will find a wide selection. try to select wide fit to suit your feet, if they are too narrow, they willbe uncomfortable on you. I started wearing heels at age 13. as the otehrs have said, your desire it doesnt go away. im 53 and am slowly getting the courage ( due to this site) to wear in public. So your not alone and you hve come to the right place for help. Cheers Blacksheep

Blacksheep

Hi Tommy, I've been wearing high heels for as long as I can remember starting with my Mother's when I was small enough for them to fit me. I think I was 16 or 17 when I bought my first pair of my own. Firstly, you don't need to be scared, no one in the shop will laugh at you. The staff just want to make a sale, and you won't be the first guy they've seen buying women's shoes. I've even tried pairs on in the shop with no problems, as have many other guys on here. Finding a pair to fit you might be difficult, but here in the UK there are a few stores that sell women's shoes in large sizes so you might be able to find one near you. There are many places on the internet where you could buy high heels to fit you, but you might struggle if you don't have a credit card. Good luck, Chris

Well, I really don't know what size.. I always have been wearing skateshoes. These shoes are allways bigger than the size of a " normal " shoe. But the shoes I have, are 47 ( I think nr. 11 or 12 in American size ). The most women shoes are not so big I guess. And I have big feet. The shoes are mostly too small... And I'm so unhappy about that :D

Welcome to the forum, Tommy, here my advice!

There are three problems for guys who like wearing high heels

- the body height: that's a minor problem if we aren't talking about doors. My normal size is 1.90 m, with heels 2 meters or more. But my 18 years old german-french nephew has to live with a normal height of 2.05 meters ....

- the size of your feet: do you really have EU-47-feet at an age of 15? Male US shoes in size 11/12 aren't normally EU 47. To my experience these US sizes should be converted to EU 45/46. My recommendation is to look for EU 46 / female UK 12 or female US 14 in the internet (especially american, german and british ebay) or in oversize shops. I can't imagine that you have any chance in the female section of a normal shoe shop :P

- the fear to wear them on the street: to my opinion a solvable problem because you will find here a lot of guys with the same problem. It's always helpful to know that you aren't the only "idiot" in the whole wide world. In your place I would be careful with wearing heels in school. Eventually at a halloween party or at carnival ....

I hope to have helped you a little bit

:P micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi, again, Tommy :P

I would second Micha's advice about wearing heels in school: being different in this way can make you a target. So wearing heels at some costume party is a smart way to begin.

I wear a woman's 13W shoe and am listing the addresses of online stores that I've bought shoes from. Even if you don't buy, it's very satisfying to see what is available to a big fellow like yourself.

Happy browsing!

http://www.bigandbeautifulshoes.com/casualshoes.html

http://www.lingeriesexylingerie.com/knot5sanwleg.html

http://www.womenshoesplus.com/

http://www.store.nordstrom.com/

http://www.payless.com/

http://www.pierresilber.com/classic1.html

http://www.sexyshoes.com/index.html

http://sole2heel.com/index.html

Painter

Take a chance.

Tommy:-) Now you can see what I was refering to...there is a lot of help available and a lot of people willing to provide that help, like the list of links from Painter where he has bought shoes. This is a course in "Heel Wearing- 101". Start taking notes. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, I'm 1.81m., and I have never worn 'normal' shoes. If you know 'Globes', these are skateshoes. These are bigger then other shoes. You can't thrust the size of that shoes, mostly you have 2 sizes smaller when you're fitting 'normal ' shoes. I hope I've explained something you wanted to know. I'm still 15, and I'm a Belgian, so my English isn't always perfect, sorry for that.

I started wearing heels when I was about 14 or 15. Welcome to the fourm. I know some sheo designers make sheos in special designs/sizes (custom) but they're expesnive. (Like La-piazza)

It's all good. ~Arron.

Add www.shoexpress.com to the list of large size women's shoes. The owner is very much used to helping men find their right size and she's a really nice and helpful person. They have a good selection of non-fetish shoes, too.

GWL

Tommy:-) None of us here are using perfect English...not even the English, so there should be no worry on your part. We all can understand you and you are doing fine with us all. Please continue to give us more information on yourself so that we may help you. There is a great bunch of guys here and you are in good hands. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, I'm 1.81m., and I have never worn 'normal' shoes. If you know 'Globes', these are skateshoes. These are bigger then other shoes. You can't thrust the size of that shoes, mostly you have 2 sizes smaller when you're fitting 'normal ' shoes. I hope I've explained something you wanted to know. I'm still 15, and I'm a Belgian, so my English isn't always perfect, sorry for that.

Hi Tommy,

you need not to excuse you for your English. My own English is not the best too but I'm convinced that nearly everybody is understanding me. In my opinion your English is excellent for a 15 years old boy! I'm sure that you mustn't be afraid at an apprenticeship if the phone rings and somebody is calling your company from US, UK or Japan. May be that you will stutter embarassed. But the next time you will do it better. The best way of learning a foreign language is simply to practice it. Even in a discussion board about high heels! By the way: writing here my last sheet-anchor is always my 1500 pages dictionary lying nearby my computer :P

I don't know the 'Globes'. Are they similar like the 'Buffie' boots? With 5 cm platform soles and 8 cm heels? At least this style was sold in the 90ies for guys up to EU 46! Or like the 'towers' with crass 15-cm-platform soles?

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

So far, we seem to be just guessing at your foot size. Trace your foot outline on a sheet of paper. Hold the pencil vertical, then measure the longest length of the trace. Look at http://www.payless.com/en-US/Consumer/CustomerSupport/Finding_Size.htm for printable foot measuring scales and size conversion charts, or go to a shoe store and try on some normal men's shoes to see your size.

aren't the mens and women's sizes the same in Europe -- measured by centimeters? If he wears a size 48 men's shoe, for example, shouldn't he wear the same size in woman's shoes?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Now I am curious. If men and women's sizes are the same, why don't you. Tommy, go into a shoe store and try on men's shoes until you find a pair that fits you just right and then translate that size, in centimeters, into english or USA women's sizes? You should be able to get a size -- within one or two centimeters -- that fits you good enough to wear. Don't you think? :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That's a great suggestion, Bubba. Then, if necessary, Tommy can make any small adjustment in size, up or down, until he finds a size that serves him well, depending on what brand he may choose in heels, Cheers--- Dawn HH

If you ask me, and you have not........ All this foot measuring will only give a rough guide to the right shoe, sure you will know what size you are but all shoes are different, I have two pairs of boots with the same heel and sole, one is a size 10 and tight and the other is a 9 and loose. so Tommy needs to understand that if the shoes are the wrong size, take them back and get a better fit. It is much more rewarding to wear the right size shoe. Best of Luck Tommy!

The angels have the phonebox.

Tommy, if you worked out your shoe size as a 43 then you shouldn't have any problems. I'm a 42 and can find women's shoes to fit me in any store. If you're feeling brave tell one of the assistants that you're shopping for yourself, they'll help you find the right size. I usually feel more comfortable asking female staff. If not, when you go to pay for them just ask if you can bring them back if they don't fit, that way you can try them on at home. Good luck, let us know how you get on! Chris

Tommy: Most of the better shoe stores here in the USA use a device to measure your feet so you can see what size shoes will fit you best. This device measures the length and the width in units that correspond to shoe manufacturers sizes -- both widths and lengths.

Posted Image

While it's been a few years since I've actually used one, because I already know what size men's and women's shoes I wear, I think if you use a device like this, or any similar device, it will give you a good idea on what size to try on first and then you can go to larger or smaller sizes until you find your proper size. Keep in mind that one foot is usually a little larger than the other. So measure both feet and then chose the largest size to try on.

Posted Image

Wow! It's been quite awhile since I've seen those gadgets! HA! Like you, bubba, since I already know my shoe size (both men's and women's), I don't need to have my feet measured. But for those of you out there unsure of their measurements, using those devices are indeed the way to go!

:P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!