I. DISLIKE. FLIP FLOPS.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I think that heel lovers and flip-flops just arn't compatable.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Priscilla:-)

Mickey has a wool poncho that I have used on occasion when out dressed emfemme.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I have a wool poncho, made in Peru, where real men wear ponchos. And I wear it as a man.

Ponchos are yet another fashion stolen from men then "banned" by societal norm for use by men.

I think that heel lovers and flip-flops just arn't compatable.

Really?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Do you still think flip flops and heels aren't compatible? That's all these are, really, are flip flops with a heel attached. They even sound the same when you're walking in them (flip-flop-flip-flop...)

Peachy:-) I don't hate flip-flops, I dislike them. To me there is a difference between hating and disliking. For some, flip-flops are great, but for me...not. I prefer to go for the nicer shoes as they make a much better presentation and says more about the person wearing them. BTW:...I really like your Avatar pic of you in your so very tall heels. That's a great look. Dr1819:-) They may be flip-flops with a heel, but are a much better look than without a heel and soooooooo sexy. For me...they are still flip-flops and I don't really care for them on myself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Really?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Do you still think flip flops and heels aren't compatible? That's all these are, really, are flip flops with a heel attached. They even sound the same when you're walking in them (flip-flop-flip-flop...)

In my opinion a real flip-flop doesn't have a heel. I would call these thong sandals. Besides these really can't flip-flop because they have a shank to make the sole rigid in the arch and heel area.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

i seem to go from one extreme to the other- very high heels- and i like flip flops and flip flop type sandals aswell - but im not particuarly keen on the gold ones above i just hate low heel shoes/boots(heels under 3 inches which seem to be annoyingly prevalent on a HIGH heel forum) but ok on sandals

Ok, I was one of the first to express my dislike for flip-flops, but Wal Mart has some pretty cool ones on sale right now. My wife came home with a pink pair and a baby blue pair of flip flops. To her surprise when she tried them at home they lit up when she walked! I kidded her that she bought them in the little kids section because she has such little feet (5-1/2), but she insisted they were from the women's section. I had to check it out. I went to Wal Mart the next day and found a pair of blue and black in my size (10) that lit up when you walk. How cool is that? And they were on sale for $2. Now we can walk down the boat dock at night together to our boat lighting the way with our flip-flops as we go. In the non-sale section were some thong style sandals with a 1-1/2" spike heel in clear plastic. Inside you could see all the circuitry that made the heel light up when you walk. They come in pink or grey. I would have bought some but they were $18, and these are definately some that I would never wear out in public, but they would be fun. I bought some really thick soled flip flops to wear on our sailboat. They are black with a cool yellow graphic on the back of the 1-1/2 high soles, and a white laminated layer about 1/4" thick at mid sole height. The fronts are tapered under (like a scow front of a boat), and the back of the heel is radiused from the bottom to the rear surface. It makes a sleek looking platform. I can wear these anywhere without comment even here in redneck country, because flip flops are so generic, and except for the higher soles and heel, these look pretty generic. They are easy to kick off in the boat. I am wearing one red toenail and one green (starboard and port). This has been for the last 3 weeks without only a couple of friendly comments (such as pretty clever).

I believe every man that likes to wear women's shoes, and does so openly, without fear of ridicule, and as a perfectly natural thing to do, must examine their personal preference and stick to wearing the shoes that gives them the most pleasure. If a man likes to wear stiletto heeled boots or pumps, in my opinion it is a waste of presious, limited resources to wear anything other than boots or pumps. Because, a person has a finite number of opportunities to put his "best foot forward" he should focus his efforts on wearing his favorites without wasting an opportunity by wearing flipflops when he really wants to wear boots. :wink: (However, if the guy really loves flip flops-- so be it! Then he's doing what he wants to do the most). And, that's just one man's (mine) opiniion. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As much as I hate flip-flops Bubba, I have to agree with you.

• 5 months later...

in addition to payless putting out their new line, their line of beach-style flipflops have hit the peghooks as well (even up here in cold chicago) I saw a couple pairs that I thought were pretty cute, but my focus was more on the few pairs of shoes in size 13 they had...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 2 months later...

The sun has come back out to play, even up here in the Northern part of the US.

Say hello to our little friends...

Posted Image

Might as well start getting used to them. More and more, I'm able to stand flip-flops more than those glory-be-hail awful furry boots of winter lore.

I'm even actually braced for season two of the re-glorification of the ballet flat:

Posted Image

Danielle:-) If all of those shoes are yours, you have quite a varied collection. If that is your thing, go to it, but I remain a person that ignores flip-flops. To each his/her own. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn, those aren't mine, though I wouldn't mind having a few pairs out of the lot. Also wouldn't mind the ballet flats either. The main time I dislike flip-flops is when they destroy an otherwise very well-built outfit. If a girl is dressed down, then I'm not particular about what shoes she's wearing. I like how easy they can be... GIVEN the right situation. Other than that? No way. Some girls have made the rubber flip-flops into an every day shoe. That's just tacky.

While not true flipflops, my wife has a bunch of ones like this...

Posted Image

I've recently gotten her a bunch of better ones like this (look in the For Everyone folder for the thread on my wife's new shoes and boots)

Posted Image

Now, don't you agree this is much more sexy?

Posted Image

• 4 months later...

the dog has just eaten a pair

Well, I guess it beats eating the homework. Although depending on "chewed" versus "swallowed", you may not be so happy in a couple of days time.

Hi from a fellow North-Westerner.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

• 3 weeks later...