Scream heels

jamie1608

Practice.

These are the sort of ultra high heels that not many people (male or female) can walk in gracefully. There's a big difference between being able to walk in a particular heel and doing it gracefully. Yesterday I was at a party where one guy, probably in his 50s,  was wearing approx 4.5" ankle strap stiletto pumps without platforms. His walking was utterly natural and effortless, even on grass. He must have put in a lot of practice to be able to do that.

• Like 4

I think I can walk the walk and talk the talk in my heels !!!!!! LOL  I had a pair of Scream heels and could walk in them just ok, and for that reason I kept them at home, sadly even with very little use the stiletto heel broke off and the seller and the manufacture would do nothing to replace them.  

5 hours ago, CAT said:

I think I can walk the walk and talk the talk in my heels !!!!!! LOL  I had a pair of Scream heels and could walk in them just ok, and for that reason I kept them at home, sadly even with very little use the stiletto heel broke off and the seller and the manufacture would do nothing to replace them.  

Yeah - - I'm thinking they really weren't designed to be out beyond the bedroom. I had a similar experience with a pair that fell apart 15 minutes down the street. Road-rashed a knee pretty badly.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have trained with 14 cm heels (no platform) for one year or so. When it felt easy to walk in, I bought a pair of 18 cm high (3 cm heels) from aliexpress and have been walking with them everyday since. I can already manage 16 cm, but need to stretch my tendons before doing so. Ballet and scream heels are next on the list.

• Like 1

They are called “Scream” heels because after wearing/walking in them for a short time you scream because you can’t wait to kick them off.

I remember the first pair or 7” (18cm) heels that I bought, I actually thought there was no way I could ever get my feet to bend enough to ever put them on.  It took a lot of practice, time and effort to learn to walk while wearing them...and then for only short periods of time.  Never did walk very far in them. Now, while I choose to wear 4” heels , along with my 3” to 4” wedge heel sandals in warm weather, for daily activities, I still wear my 5” and 6” heels occasionally around the house (Comfort trumps style at my age).  But for the most part, I’ve retired my 7” heels. 

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.