How Many Of You Love The Heel Noise?

jim102

Hello. I wanna know if many of you are liking that noise like me? I have worn boots in this website: www.brownsshoes.com and type 6136318 in the search.

The square toe heel make a better noise with every step you do in walking it makes a great noise. It is my favorite boots. They cost expensive but for someone who like the sound it is good.

I think square toe is making much noise than a normal heel.

Here I have my favorite pumps that make noise also. The best of court shoes!

www.ninewest.ca

Applaud pumps. Also expensive but each year they come back in store!

I feel very excited to wear those heels! The noise especially!

This has been discussed before, most recently here: http://www.hhplace.org/topic/21402-most-of-you-guys-like-the-stiletto-click-sound/. However, my opinion has evolved somewhat, so what the heck, I'll give it another go.

I really like the sound of a typical high heel, particularly stiletto mules (backless shoes). To me, there are few happier sounds in this world than that "click/flap, click/flap" sound. Having said that, I have found that for me personally, although I make no attempt to hide my heels, I like to keep a somewhat lower profile. Were I a woman, or if it were more common that men wore high heels, I suppose I wouldn't mind making a lot of noise, but I just feel more comfortable being a little quieter. That, and the fact that Vibram-type composite heel tips last much longer than the noisier plastic heel tips. I do enough walking that I'll wear out plastic heel tips in a matter of weeks. I have never tried metal tips. That might be interesting someday, if a person could get hold of some. Plus I don't think metal tips would work well on thicker heels like I typically wear.

I am very aware of how different shoes sound. I have a pair of Calvin Klein calf height boots with fairly tall heels (well over 5 inches) that I've been wearing quite a bit this winter. The "stock" heel tips sounded like cannon shots when you walked in them. They were almost too loud. They also wore out in a little bit of no time, and I had them replaced with Vibram. The Vibram is practically indestructible by comparison, but I just really hate the way they sound now. It would be one thing if they were silent, but the forefoot still makes quite a bit of noise, while the heel is almost silent. I recently wore them to my son's parent/teacher conferences out at our local high school, and I was feeling very self-conscious walking down the long hallways, because my boots sounded.....well, stupid. It's probably just me.

Im about to start the process of putting in a stone/marble floor through the whole first floor of my house. I sold the idea to Darian as we can cut the stone from the gravel pit on the property and it wont cost much outside of labor and compounds to adhere the stone to the floor.

This will definitely be one of the great side effects ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Sure is a wonderful sound, sadly not often heard. I really enjoy my odd trips into London by tube where me metal tipped stilettos are the only ones heard with the sound echoing back of the tunnel walls. Even with tens of people around me as I walk along their footfall is muted unlike mine :) Must have been deafening in the tunnels back in the 60s when stiletto heels ruled.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I visited one Payless the other day that did not have carpet surface floor covering.  It had a plastic laminate floor and it was an different experience trying on shoes there.  There was no doubt about the sound of heels hitting the floor when walking - it was as interesting as it was "intimidating" in the presents of others.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 3 months later...

Howdy,

I love the sound coming from both shoes worn by other people or by me.  I remember when a gal in high school wore a tall pair of pumps for me around her home and being absolutely thrilled by the sound her shoes made when she crossed the tile floor of the kitchen.  Whenever I am wearing a pair of shoes that sound similar I am delighted all over again.

That being said, I too can become a bit nervous when I enter a quiet environment while wearing a pair of shoes that are super loud.  I sometimes feel like all eyes are on me.  I do, however, take it in grain and move along and enjoy myself.

I have a pair of ankle boots that are just plain way too loud however I love wearing them.  They are one of the most challenging pair of heels to walk smoothly in and I love that challenge so I don't let the sound keep me from wearing them.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Love it always makes me turn to look who is approaching, just very often they sound better then they look. I have this problem at the minute with my new ankle boots look great fit great but the wide heel must be hollow and are as loud as stilettos, looking for rubber heel covers. I won't wear them outside just because attracting to much attention