Getting (Some Of) My Boldness Back

Lime15

Back to my obnoxiously bright tie against black look.  New skirt, it has button details on the sides at the waist and on the kick pleat but is pretty relaxed otherwise.  Black shirt and black hosery along with my new black patent open toe Preview International pumps.  These were a little tight the first couple times I wore them but feel really good today.

I think that's a very smart and effective look Lime15. I think what impresses me most about it is that it's a look, with heels, that actually looks better on a man than it would on a woman, and I mean that totally as a compliment. In all honesty a shirt and tie isn't my personal style, but more importantly it is your style and it's pretty ground-breaking in presenting heels and a skirt as menswear, and I really admire that.

If you like it, wear it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Bubba136 and bluejay.  

I think that's a very smart and effective look Lime15. I think what impresses me most about it is that it's a look, with heels, that actually looks better on a man than it would on a woman, and I mean that totally as a compliment. In all honesty a shirt and tie isn't my personal style, but more importantly it is your style and it's pretty ground-breaking in presenting heels and a skirt as menswear, and I really admire that.

Wow, thank you very much for the complements SleekHeels!  I tend to usually wear some kind of pop of color in the way I present myself every day.  Can't do a whole lot of that during the 9-to-5 as the dress code is relatively cut and dry but I do mix it up with some more off the wall sneakers every now and then.  Same goes for my usual daily wear, if it's not an out there pair of sneakers (which I've always said are way louder than any of the crazy heels I own) it's some type of graphic t-shirt or the like.  For businesswear when working from home (and outside the home to be honest) I tend to blend the two but move the pop of color to a tie, and in the case of when I'm telecommuting, a skirt or heels.  I've found I can find really cool ties, lots of colors and styles which mean lots of options, without spending a lot of money.  I think "options" is the key word there as I'm going to go out on a limb and say that wanting to increase the amount of style options open to us is a prime reason why many guys heel in the first place.  I find these ensembles so comfortable and natural that I've begun wearing business-casual with heels on days I don't even have any work to do.  It just feels comfortable and relaxing to me so I figure what the heck.

Well since getting these Preview International black pumps I've worn them every day I heel.  The more I wear them the better they feel and the better they feel the more I want to wear them.  I was on my feet working on some design documents at home for about nine hours yesterday and barely felt anything - other than feeling good in heels. Same goes for today.  Another day of unexpected rain means the windows have to be closed but it's still pretty warm in here.  So I decided to break out a stretch miniskirt, black shirt, my favorite striped tie, suntan pantyhose and of course the Preview International pumps.  Much cooler.

post-19684-0-55239500-1396643864_thumb.j

post-19684-0-56343400-1396643873_thumb.j

Damn! I just love the juxtaposition in your outfits Lime.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Damn! I just love the juxtaposition in your outfits Lime.

Thanks Shafted!  I'll admit that I do love some sharp contrasts in the way I dress without something looking completely out of place.

Looking good, Lime15. Thanks for the pics.

No problem at all, thanks bluejay!

Same tie, different everything else.  Another warm day so I had the AC on early and decided to go with a white button up shirt, black Torrid skirt, and Payless "Krime" peep-toe pumps in black and white stripe to fall in line with my tie.  Very, very comfortable and cool.  More uniform that some of my other looks but still quite contrasting.

post-19684-0-50972500-1396976594_thumb.j

post-19684-0-46746400-1396976602_thumb.j

I have not posted in this thread in a while, but I really think those are pretty cool and interesting outfits you are putting together lately Lime with the men's shirt, tie, skirt, tights/hose, and heels.  I have to admit I have not read through the last few pages of this thread in detail, but if I remember, you only wear this while working at home right? 

Have you ever gone out like that at all?  It would take a mighty leap of courage, but I would think you probably would do really well going out like that.  If you don't feel like you want to risk seeing anyone you know while dressed like that, maybe try doing it in a nearby city where your chances of seeing anyone you know are virtually nil. 

Just wondering, I think it would be fun  :)

The closest I have come to that look in public was a man's black polo type shirt, above the knee length black 'skorts' (hybrid skirt/shorts) and ~3" black gladiator strappy wedge sandals that don't really scream femininity.  Not exactly groundbreaking or as bold as your outfits, but was by far the boldest look I have ever done publicly.  It was fun as hell, but I don't do something like that very often, I should really, but I don't  lol

I have not posted in this thread in a while, but I really think those are pretty cool and interesting outfits you are putting together lately Lime with the men's shirt, tie, skirt, tights/hose, and heels.  I have to admit I have not read through the last few pages of this thread in detail, but if I remember, you only wear this while working at home right? 

Have you ever gone out like that at all?  It would take a mighty leap of courage, but I would think you probably would do really well going out like that.  If you don't feel like you want to risk seeing anyone you know while dressed like that, maybe try doing it in a nearby city where your chances of seeing anyone you know are virtually nil. 

Just wondering, I think it would be fun  :)

The closest I have come to that look in public was a man's black polo type shirt, above the knee length black 'skorts' (hybrid skirt/shorts) and ~3" black gladiator strappy wedge sandals that don't really scream femininity.  Not exactly groundbreaking or as bold as your outfits, but was by far the boldest look I have ever done publicly.  It was fun as hell, but I don't do something like that very often, I should really, but I don't  lol

Thanks for your comments.  I have been out now and again but tend to walk upwards of 10 - 15 miles a day so I don't heel when I have things to do.  I've been so busy over the past few years that I haven't gotten "away" much but years ago I did wear heels out with regular men's business attire fairly frequently but that was awhile ago and it's really not an option at present.  I do go out every now and again still, however it tends to be the men's business casual with heels, and is very infrequent.  I just don't have the desire to heel publicly to be honest.

I was planning on wearing my TUK creeper heels today but ended up having to do some repairs on them that I didn't notice on their last wear.  Instead I opted for my Torrid re-branded Dolce by Mojo Moxie pinup spikes paired with my go-to Torrid black skirt, grey shirt and a skinny red plaid tie.  I wasn't sure about this one but I feel pretty put together with this look.  These are awesome shoes and I was hoping the Torrid re-branding (which expanded the line up to US13) of Mojo Moxie's styles would continue but it looks like outside of the two styles I purchased that was it.

post-19684-0-16656100-1397268024_thumb.j

post-19684-0-09465100-1397268032_thumb.j

Awsome outfit Lime15! You have a great style

Thanks! With warmer days I suppose spring has finally made its way to me.  I decided it was time to break out the yellow pumps as it had been awhile, along with suntan hosiery, a black shirt, emerald green Torrid skirt, yellow tie and a wristwatch with green hues.

post-19684-0-98205400-1397856330_thumb.j

post-19684-0-68958500-1397856337_thumb.j

I like the bright yellow pumps Lime15. I got a pair last month from DSW. I might wear them on Sunday, as part of my Easter ensemble.We'll see.

I'm glad to see you in the yellow pumps. Thanks for the pics.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks bluejay!

Playing a little catch up.  I don't take pictures every day but lately I've been doing so again so I have a reference for different looks going forward.

Starting off we have a pair of black Fioni booties with a long black skirt, brown shirt and black tie.  Everything kind of blends in with this one but I was going for something more subdued and background than I usually do.

Next is a look that I thought came out great.  These are Christian Siriano black patent stilettos with just a bit of a hidden platform, black hosiery, black skirt, gray shirt and a blue tie.  I felt this look was really well put together and reflected my idea of a skirt and heels working as menswear.

Last is today, where I felt compelled to pull out the Torrid platforms used in my avatar.  Along with a green skirt, black skirt and teal tie - everything comes together in my mind better than it should.  Perhaps it's just the wash of color.

post-19684-0-13149800-1398455744_thumb.j

post-19684-0-57630000-1398455751_thumb.j

post-19684-0-02854500-1398455759_thumb.j

post-19684-0-37791000-1398455766_thumb.j

post-19684-0-96633100-1398455773_thumb.j

post-19684-0-62334800-1398455780_thumb.j

Thanks bluejay!

Playing a little catch up.  I don't take pictures every day but lately I've been doing so again so I have a reference for different looks going forward.

Starting off we have a pair of black Fioni booties with a long black skirt, brown shirt and black tie.  Everything kind of blends in with this one but I was going for something more subdued and background than I usually do.

Next is a look that I thought came out great.  These are Christian Siriano black patent stilettos with just a bit of a hidden platform, black hosiery, black skirt, gray shirt and a blue tie.  I felt this look was really well put together and reflected my idea of a skirt and heels working as menswear.

Last is today, where I felt compelled to pull out the Torrid platforms used in my avatar.  Along with a green skirt, black skirt and teal tie - everything comes together in my mind better than it should.  Perhaps it's just the wash of color.

I like the 2nd and 3rd ensembles. The first looks OK, but hosiery would look better. I'm not a fan of that long length of skirt. JMO.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...

Thanks Mr. X and bluejay! Been away for awhile but was feeling exceptionally put together this morning so I snapped a couple shots.  These are the Christian Siriano LaFemme platforms from a couple seasons ago at Payless.  I really wish Payless would bring back more of the almond toe pumps and platforms that I thought they were going to migrate back into.  With Torrid jumping on the "frumpy old lady" footwear bandwagon last season, I need somewhere I can get my classic heels fix in large sizes.  

post-19684-0-83812400-1401806517_thumb.j

post-19684-0-04733600-1401806525_thumb.j

post-19684-0-88339400-1401806531_thumb.j

I must say you make the "suit and tie" look great with such an attention getter as the skirt, hose and heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks Mr. X and bluejay! Been away for awhile but was feeling exceptionally put together this morning so I snapped a couple shots.  These are the Christian Siriano LaFemme platforms from a couple seasons ago at Payless.  I really wish Payless would bring back more of the almond toe pumps and platforms that I thought they were going to migrate back into.  With Torrid jumping on the "frumpy old lady" footwear bandwagon last season, I need somewhere I can get my classic heels fix in large sizes.

Very nice outfit there, my friend. I might have to try that sometime myself!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Today I decided to break in my new Torrid faux zipper heels, which end up perfectly matching a skirt I've had for awhile.  I ended up buying these as a treat after going through all my shoes and getting rid (some sold but most donated) of pairs that I no longer wore or weren't attached to.  That way the closet doesn't get out of control and I can keep new styles rotating in. I also wore heels out for a couple hours last week but nothing so bold as today's outfit - no pictures unfortunately as the day got busy when I got home.  I wore a green polo with black slacks and my American Eagle "Kim" black mary janes.  Went out just before daybreak and walked to some nearby offices that I used to do some business at.  Pretty deserted at that hour (I'm usually out just before sunrise anyway, so it's a comfortable time for me) but I did pass a couple people on the way there - nothing said.  Walked about the complex for awhile, mainly noticing how vacant it all has become over the past few years, then headed home.  Sometimes it's just nice to put a couple miles on a pair of pumps.

post-19684-0-29232200-1403047540_thumb.j

post-19684-0-14712700-1403047550_thumb.j

Okay, is it just me me or is anyone else liking this look?

I like your look very much, Lime15. The pumps go well with your skirt and top. The black sheer pantyhose looks super. That's a look I could be comfortable with, if I wore a skirt.

Over the weekend, I pushed my envelope a bit. I wore women's white, short shorts, purple rayon camp shirt, Payless, ":Brash" purple stiletto heel sandals and a pair of sheer nude pantyhose, because my bare leg color is too white looking and the nude pantyhose adds just a bit of color to my legs, especially showing them off with short shorts. I did get a couple of compliments on my look.

Thanks for the post and the pics too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Okay, is it just me me or is anyone else liking this look?

Shafted, I rather liked the look also. The colors are very well coordinated, and as Bluejay said, the black sheer hose adds a nice touch. What is it about the look that bothers you?

Steve

Shafted, I rather liked the look also. The colors are very well coordinated, and as Bluejay said, the black sheer hose adds a nice touch. What is it about the look that bothers you?

Steve

Nothing. I was being facetious.

I like that panelled pencil skirt style, us guys are usually too slim in the hips compared to our shoulders, but this kind of skirt maybe breaks up the vertical lines and re-balances things. It looks well-proportioned on you Lime15, and the length of the skirt suits the height and style of the heels.

Personally I think the black tights (which appear kind of grey/silvery in the pictures, almost like a black & white photo) look a bit wintery and could work well with a grey blazer (with the black shirt and one of your famous ties in blue, or perhaps a blue shirt and no tie). For the more summery look with the short-sleeve shirt, I wonder if maybe sheer tan tights would match nicer with your arms, or if your legs are tanned then bare legs would look great too (and would avoid the zip detailing on the shoes snagging your tights as you mentioned in your other post).

It's nice to hear that you wore your heels out and about and seemed to enjoy the experience. Getting some of your boldness back indeed.

If you like it, wear it.

Thank you Shafted, bluejay, Steve63130 and SleekHeels!  

I like that panelled pencil skirt style, us guys are usually too slim in the hips compared to our shoulders, but this kind of skirt maybe breaks up the vertical lines and re-balances things. It looks well-proportioned on you Lime15, and the length of the skirt suits the height and style of the heels.

Personally I think the black tights (which appear kind of grey/silvery in the pictures, almost like a black & white photo) look a bit wintery and could work well with a grey blazer (with the black shirt and one of your famous ties in blue, or perhaps a blue shirt and no tie). For the more summery look with the short-sleeve shirt, I wonder if maybe sheer tan tights would match nicer with your arms, or if your legs are tanned then bare legs would look great too (and would avoid the zip detailing on the shoes snagging your tights as you mentioned in your other post).

An auto camera setting makes the black pantyhose look grey, I keep forgetting to turn it off when not necessary.  When I'm going for a natural look I tend to wear the same sheer energy pantyhose but in suntan instead of black as it matches the usual skin tone of my arms.  In the summer I usually can't go bare legged as during the commute to work and home I get just enough of a tan line around my ankles where my socks end under my slacks where it stands out in heels.  

It's nice to hear that you wore your heels out and about and seemed to enjoy the experience. Getting some of your boldness back indeed.

Thanks.  I'm probably going to head out again next Saturday morning as I'll have some time and I'm comfortable with the route and time of day.  Might wear these as they look pretty smart with dress pants as well but I need to break them in a little more.