Getting (Some Of) My Boldness Back

Lime15

It has been awhile and I've been really busy but here's some catch up across a few days.  I've been trying to pair different articles of clothing differently to expand my options.  As heels continue to be a natural part of my attire when working from home, I have more desire to wear skirts that complement them, which reciprocates to give me the desire to wear heels more often and so forth.

First are Kim button mary janes from Payless with an olive green shirt and black Torrid skirt.  Then we have Christian Siriano for Payless La Femme black patent platforms with a black shirt and purple / black Torrid miniskirt.  Third are Fioni Lipstick pumps in tan and black with the same olive shirt from the first picture, this time paired with a python print miniskirt from Torrid.  Last are the old standby, Payless Karmen pumps in black patent, this time with a pinstripe black shirt and emerald green Torrid skirt.

post-19684-0-39573000-1385624482_thumb.j

post-19684-0-71322900-1385624489_thumb.j

post-19684-0-83447200-1385624496_thumb.j

post-19684-0-06706300-1385624504_thumb.j

post-19684-0-67590200-1385624510_thumb.j

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks bluejay, JeffB, and Logjam!

After a long day working yesterday, I put in a full evening working at home today.  I've ordered a few pairs of heels online over the past couple days, including a pair of 4.5 inch pumps, so I wanted to give my ankles a nice stretch to get them ready for when they arrive.  This lead me to wear my 5" Renetti Bonni spectator pumps along with a black skirt and patterned shirt.  Sheer Energy pantyhose in suntan today, as with all the pictures in my previous post.  Surprised how much I liked this shirt with the skirt.  Got through about seven hours of walking and sitting but my legs sure know that I was wearing the higher heels today.

post-19684-0-91554400-1385793950_thumb.j

After a long day working yesterday, I put in a full evening working at home today.  I've ordered a few pairs of heels online over the past couple days, including a pair of 4.5 inch pumps, so I wanted to give my ankles a nice stretch to get them ready for when they arrive.  This lead me to wear my 5" Renetti Bonni spectator pumps along with a black skirt and patterned shirt.  Sheer Energy pantyhose in suntan today, as with all the pictures in my previous post.  Surprised how much I liked this shirt with the skirt.  Got through about seven hours of walking and sitting but my legs sure know that I was wearing the higher heels today.

Lime15 you can try a shorter tailored shirt with this skirt and heels ;).

I know I've said it before, but I love those shoes!

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat of a big day today.  I wore my Torrid black studded pumps along with black pantyhose, a pair of black dress pants and a collared navy shirt along with a navy fleece jacket.

Compared to my other outfits this ensemble seems head-scratchingly uninteresting but the difference here is I wore this out this morning.  Nothing incredible or anything but something I've wanted to try again in moderation.  I had a few errands to run this morning and upon completing them I changed into the pumps and proceeded to walk a half dozen or so blocks, long way around, to my transit connection to head home.  I then changed once again just before arriving.  I don't drive much these days, which is why daily outdoor heeling doesn't gel very well with my day to day lifestyle (I walk about 10 miles from point to point on any given workday) but this was a reasonably well-planned exception.

Most of the distance covered was through a sleepy neighborhood but the sidewalk gives out in a few places so I was walking in the street.  Passed a few people out and about, no comments but I did get a couple looks.  I noticed a few glances into their side view mirrors from some drivers as they rolled by and found it pretty amusing.  While I don't think I'll go back to streetheeling in any kind of regular capacity again, it was a nice little treat this morning.  Also did a lot to help break in these heels but I think they'll still need to be stretched a bit.

post-19684-0-54836900-1386961865_thumb.j

post-19684-0-37562700-1386961873_thumb.j

Lime,

Don't forget, looking doesn't mean disapproval. It means that the observer has not seen that sight before or at least not very often. When a guy wears heels, it's unusual. Most people don't notice, but some do, and when they do, it doesn't add up right in their brain, so they look a little longer to make sure they're seeing what they think they're seeing. Most people just go on about their business. Some might laugh (teenage girls in packs will giggle hysterically). Most will be polite and not say anything, unless they, too, have the high heel gene. Gang members may say something rude to prove their homophobia to their cronies.

So yes, expect to get noticed occasionally, but it's not bad at all. It helps educate the unwashed masses. Thanks for doing your part and I encourage you to do it again when the mood strikes. Thanks for posting your account, too. Maybe it will encourage others who want to go public but are afraid. The demons are in our heads.

Steve

Lime: I thought you did very well on your adventure. Your outfit was tasteful and understated and did nothing to bring attention to yourself. While people will notice for one reason or another, as I've said on my own thread numerous times, 95percent or so of the populace are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to pay any serious attention to a man wearing women's shoes. Like Steve said, the fears and concerns are only in our own minds. I say: don't worry, just enjoy!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for doing your part and I encourage you to do it again when the mood strikes. Thanks for posting your account, too. Maybe it will encourage others who want to go public but are afraid. The demons are in our heads.

Steve

Thanks, Steve.  Although I don't feel it'll be a regular occurrence, I probably will go out again sometime.  30-something guys such as myself who wear heels need to step it up a bit. (pun intended)

Lime: I thought you did very well on your adventure. Your outfit was tasteful and understated and did nothing to bring attention to yourself. While people will notice for one reason or another, as I've said on my own thread numerous times, 95percent or so of the populace are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to pay any serious attention to a man wearing women's shoes. Like Steve said, the fears and concerns are only in our own minds. I say: don't worry, just enjoy!

Thank you as always, JeffB.  I think part of what got me for a little while is how loud those particular heels are, not from the heels themselves but from the undersole.  They make a pretty big clack which not only draws attention but the sound of it knocks my stride off a little as it makes me think I'm walking screwy when in fact everything is fine.  Oh well.  

Working from home again today so I went back to less understated ways.  I hadn't worn my Torrid / TUK leopard rainbow platforms (as in my avatar picture) in awhile so I dusted them off.  Trying to keep the color focus to the heels initially, I paired them with a black skirt and black pinstripe dress shirt.  The necktie I picked up yesterday and figured a splash of subdued color may look well up top.  It's kind of a tangerine color and while this look might not be for everyone, I really, really, like it.  In fact I think I'm going to expand my necktie assortment and begin to pair them with my heels so that I can stick with my black and navy tops that I tend to gravitate toward.

post-19684-0-70705400-1387152136_thumb.j

post-19684-0-00804700-1387152144_thumb.j

I'm done with work for the year, both the regular job and the consultant stuff, so this was just for fun today.  I went with my brand new Torrid spectator t-strap pumps, green skirt, and a black shirt.  Black hosiery to pull it all together.  I really love these shoes - one of the best heel purchases I've made in awhile.

post-19684-0-28840700-1387573168_thumb.j

post-19684-0-76208300-1387573179_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Spent yesterday and spending today home relaxing.  No work, no special occasion, just enjoying a couple days kicking back and heeling.

First outfit kind of shows what a geek I am but I've been trying to work regular t-shirts into my skirts and heels wardrobe for a little while.  I actually really like how this came out.  Maybe it's just the red / black combination but I really loved this look.  Heels are Torrid black patent spiked pumps.  I actually ordered a second pair of these as the 12w pair was just a little too tight to really wear.  The 13w I ordered was kind of strange as one shoe was marked 13w inside while the other was 12w.  Additionally the sole imprint on each is 12w and holding them up against the 12w pair they seem identical.  However they fit completely different and while they aren't longer and don't look any bigger, they fit much better.  I really can't figure it out but if I mix up the shoes, I can tell instantly which are the second pair as soon as I slide them on.  I'm still going to give the "real" 12w pair a shoe stretch but I'm happy with the second pair.

Second outfit is really more to see how the skirt feels throughout an entire day as it's a new purchase.  Very soft and flowing although it stays put and remains straight.  It also fits perfectly.  Heels there are Torrid / Mojo Moxie spectator t-straps.  This skirt makes me think it's time for a pair of cobalt blue pumps.

post-19684-0-20957000-1388700176_thumb.j

post-19684-0-26509900-1388700182_thumb.j

post-19684-0-42949100-1388700190_thumb.j

post-19684-0-14783700-1388700197_thumb.j

Trying out a new skirt today along with giving my Corso Como "Del C" pumps some breaking in.  They're still a little tight around the toe box but otherwise have begun to form to my foot and walking habits very nicely.  The skirt is much longer than I generally go for but I would like some variety in my wardrobe and it's very comfortable.

post-19684-0-68098900-1389304961_thumb.j

post-19684-0-87589400-1389304969_thumb.j

Trying out a new skirt today along with giving my Corso Como "Del C" pumps some breaking in.  They're still a little tight around the toe box but otherwise have begun to form to my foot and walking habits very nicely.  The skirt is much longer than I generally go for but I would like some variety in my wardrobe and it's very comfortable.

Hey there, Lime! That's a seriously sharp outfit there! Very nice indeed! As for the skirt length, I think it's terrific, not to mention timely, given the season and the colder weather since I find the combination of long skirts and knee boots is quite fashionable. As for the Corso pumps, they're also nice, I think they'd look great with a tan, knee length pencil skirt.

Thank you Heel-Lover and JeffB!  Heel-Lover, I agree, the Corso Como heels have impressed me with good quality, a smartly designed insole, and offerings up to my size, US13.  I tend to stay away from heels that have a leather sole up the arch as they tend to get streak lines across them during the rare contact with my office furniture (which has been the case with these as well) but who the heck is going to be looking at the bottoms of my heels anyway?

JeffB, I've been looking to mix up my color and tone options with my skirts and a lighter color sounds like a plan.  Both of the last two skirts (the long black one and the color block blue and black) are from Fashion Bug and now that I have my sizing figured out the floodgates can open on their varied offerings.  Unfortunately its still been rather warm on my coast this year so I've been keeping to my shorter home work skirts lately.

JeffB, I've been looking to mix up my color and tone options with my skirts and a lighter color sounds like a plan.  Both of the last two skirts (the long black one and the color block blue and black) are from Fashion Bug and now that I have my sizing figured out the floodgates can open on their varied offerings.  Unfortunately its still been rather warm on my coast this year so I've been keeping to my shorter home work skirts lately.

Lime: Not that you need advice from me, but I was thinking that you could pair your Corso pumps with a tan pencil skirt and a black top, either a standard blouse or a turtleneck. Your black and beige heels would work very well with the outfit I suggested. As for sizing, I've had mine down pat for years, I regularly wear a size 14 skirt which is just right for me in terms of comfort, but, on occasion, I can fit into a size 12, in terms of lengths, I'm all over the board, everything from 15 inch minis to 40 inch maxis, and, at the risk of sounding like a braggart, I look good in any skirt I wear. So, go ahead and explore and expand your horizons in terms of what you like to wear.

• 3 weeks later...

Back again, today with my blue and black color block skirt, black shirt, peach necktie, black hosiery and my much loved Mojo Moxie / Torrid lace up pumps.  I really liked this one and found it extremely comfortable throughout the day working.

post-19684-0-40175700-1390951493_thumb.j

Back again, today with my blue and black color block skirt, black shirt, peach necktie, black hosiery and my much loved Mojo Moxie / Torrid lace up pumps.  I really liked this one and found it extremely comfortable throughout the day working.

I like the concept of your outfit Lime15. The colors of the shirt and tie aren't doing it for me with the blue of the skirt. Maybe blue shirt and black tie. Try to keep with a close hue and saturation on the blue. Tie could be any neural or complimentary (yellow if you dare) color, not just black.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thank you bluejay and Shafted!

I like the concept of your outfit Lime15. The colors of the shirt and tie aren't doing it for me with the blue of the skirt. Maybe blue shirt and black tie. Try to keep with a close hue and saturation on the blue. Tie could be any neural or complimentary (yellow if you dare) color, not just black.

I agree that I need to work on my upper half in relation to my lower half.  I'm actually going to pick up more varied neckties in the next week or so which I think will punch up the variety of my choices.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the look, but the tie is too much contrast.  Remember contrast becomes the focus of attention.

However, the concept of wearing a tie while working at home is too much for me.  I still have several but haven't worn any of them for a long time.  If I need a closed neck look, I use a turtleneck.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I like the look, but the tie is too much contrast.  Remember contrast becomes the focus of attention.

However, the concept of wearing a tie while working at home is too much for me.  I still have several but haven't worn any of them for a long time.  If I need a closed neck look, I use a turtleneck.

Thanks.  When working from home I often video conference, which is why I tend to wear a tie.

• 1 month later...

Back to my obnoxiously bright tie against black look.  New skirt, it has button details on the sides at the waist and on the kick pleat but is pretty relaxed otherwise.  Black shirt and black hosery along with my new black patent open toe Preview International pumps.  These were a little tight the first couple times I wore them but feel really good today.

post-19684-0-87663700-1395768662_thumb.j

post-19684-0-42872000-1395768670_thumb.j

Back to my obnoxiously bright tie against black look.  New skirt, it has button details on the sides at the waist and on the kick pleat but is pretty relaxed otherwise.  Black shirt and black hosery along with my new black patent open toe Preview International pumps.  These were a little tight the first couple times I wore them but feel really good today.

Great look Lime15. I like your peep toe pumps.

Enjoy wearing them!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay