Getting (Some Of) My Boldness Back

Lime15

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Lime, That skirt, hosiery and heels combo looks great! I wear similar attire for work, I think I know what looks good, so I congratulate you on a great (also professional) look. Well done and have fun! (you're right about it (skirt combination) being more comfortable!) regards Heel-Lover

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your comments and complements bluejay, JeffB, canadianbeaver17, Logjam, Kilty, and Heel-Lover! I haven't been working from home much lately but this week will allow me to heel almost every day and next week will allow the same for a couple days. Today was a little different however as my girlfriend and myself had a special afternoon planned. We decided to dress up as one another and I decided upon wearing an ensemble she wore years ago when we she was in college and we first started dating. Some concessions had to be made, after all, it has been over five years since then and our shoe sizes are three apart. She still does have that same old skirt and necktie however so I made sure to dig those out. I used one of my own dress shirts and the stockings, garter belt and heels are mine. The heels are Fioni Lipstick from Payless in the awesome polka dot pattern. In essence, everything matches what she was wearing way back then and she enjoyed the surprise of what I picked out when she got home. Although this is what I wore during my telemeeting this morning, I kept the cat eye secretary glasses in my pocket while working - those were for after work. No issues during the meeting as everyone knows I'm perpetually stuck in the late 1980's.

post-19684-0-05232700-1373337487_thumb.j

post-19684-0-98287100-1373337495_thumb.j

Hey Lime.... How you?? It sounds like your ventures out are getting better?? Great. The only way to get past that shyness, nervousness, whatever you call it, is to just get out and do it. Yesterday I was out in my heels almost all day, running errands. Had a blast. We live in the same area, maybe someday we can meet up for coffee, in heels of course - ha ha... It seems like we are the only two guys out here who wear heels. Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...

SF, I really don't go out anymore but enjoy doing my home office tasks, which sometimes involve stepping just outside the front door, wearing what I would like. I don't think I've done any kind of outside heeling since, maybe March. Today was another day of working from home so I paired a dark gray long sleeve shirt with a black skirt. Black sheer hosiery and classic patent almond toe pumps with a small platform finished things off. I'll admit, I really like this look. It sits between traditional men's and women's business casual and was quite comfortable.

post-19684-0-31760500-1374304761_thumb.j

SF, I really don't go out anymore but enjoy doing my home office tasks, which sometimes involve stepping just outside the front door, wearing what I would like. I don't think I've done any kind of outside heeling since, maybe March. Today was another day of working from home so I paired a dark gray long sleeve shirt with a black skirt. Black sheer hosiery and classic patent almond toe pumps with a small platform finished things off. I'll admit, I really like this look. It sits between traditional men's and women's business casual and was quite comfortable.

Oh, that's looks seriously sharp! Well done Lime!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Lime15,

I like your look very much. Keep the pics coming. Hope you get a chance to wear that out too. I'm sure you will get compliments from the ladies, those are the ones that count the most to us, men heelers.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thank you again JeffB, bluejay. A Saturday working from home again, my last day doing so for awhile it seems. Back to my Torrid python skirt, navy shirt, navy hosiery and my much loved and discontinued Payless Karmen pumps in matte navy. Had some packages to sign for but that's become pretty uneventful, happily.

post-19684-0-82521800-1374396192_thumb.j

Thank you again JeffB, bluejay. A Saturday working from home again, my last day doing so for awhile it seems. Back to my Torrid python skirt, navy shirt, navy hosiery and my much loved and discontinued Payless Karmen pumps in matte navy. Had some packages to sign for but that's become pretty uneventful, happily.

Very nice! Very nice indeed! Love the skirt which is seriously sharp! Bravo, my friend!

Very nice look Lime15.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Looks very sharp, Lime :wink:

• 1 month later...

After a couple long, long weeks away from working at home, the end of this week provided me two back to back days to catch up. I picked up a couple new old stock Torrid skirts, green and black, last week and decided this was the perfect chance to wear them. I was worried they wouldn't fit, especially after a wash, but both size 16 skirts fit like a glove... or a clingy skirt... anyway, they both fit perfectly. Yesterday I wore the emerald green skirt along with a black polo shirt, fishnet stockings, and Fioni "Lipstick" pumps in nude. These awesome shoes are currently on clearance at Payless for $12 + 40% off and if they still had them in my size I'd pick up another pair. This was an extremely comfortable outfit and really only reinforces my desire to find a pair of green pumps soon. What I love most about this skirt is the exposed industrial zipper on the back. Today I wore the other skirt along with a white button up shirt and stripe necktie, sheer black hosiery and my new "Kim" mary janes from Payless as well. I kept my necktie loose along with the top shirt button undone and ended up really liking this look. Kind of a blance between business professional and business casual. I also liked how the ensemble remained masculine, businessman in a skirt, but still completely appropriate. Also extremely comfortable as with the previous day. Both days were uneventful and everyone I confir with pretty much expects me to be dressed like this during video conferences these days, which is nice. Unfortunately it'll be another week or so until I'll have the opportunity once again.

post-19684-0-08013900-1377895865_thumb.j

post-19684-0-65870700-1377895873_thumb.j

post-19684-0-73133200-1377895885_thumb.j

A surprise call to do some consultant work today prompted me to dress for the occasion. Although this would strictly be a phone call and then some computer work from home, I've become so accustomed to wearing heels and skirts while working that I wouldn't feel right otherwise. What I wore today is an alternate take on Thursday's choice. I actually was going to wear this first but changed my mind at the last moment due to wanting to let the tan line around my ankles level out before wearing nude hose again. Same emerald green Torrid skirt, same black collared shirt, but this time with nude pantyhose and my awesome Torrid / T.U.K. leopard rainbow platforms (same as my avatar). It's hard to describe but I love how empowered I feel when I wear these heels. Without a doubt the are the favorite heels I've ever owned. Extremely comfortable as well, they just feel great all around.

post-19684-0-27579200-1378074667_thumb.j

post-19684-0-07096400-1378074677_thumb.j

post-19684-0-19040800-1378074685_thumb.j

The colour and texture of that green skirt is awesome. It'd also be a great look with classic black suede court heels. Personally I do prefer the look with the nude pantyhose rather than the black ones. I agree, I'm quite conscious of tan lines too and try to avoid any sunbathing that would create them.

If you like it, wear it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your comments, SleekHeels.  There's just no way around the ankle tan lines for me during the summer but I've learned to deal with it.

Just another day working from home but it has been awhile since I've had a moment to take a picture and make a post so I figured, what the heck.  Today it's a black Torrid skirt, black sheer hosiery, a red shirt and nude pumps.  Extremely comfortable and I've gotten a ton of work done and the day is only half over.

post-19684-0-06112700-1379529544_thumb.j

post-19684-0-77983200-1379529554_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks bluejay!  Can I say again that I love this black Torrid skirt.  It's simply so comfortable and fits perfectly.  I'm definately on the lookout for another of the same style to come up at auction.  Lately I've been pairing fishnets with peeptoes and that's what I did again today.  Ellie navy and white spectator peeptoe platforms, black stockings, black skirt and a navy blue polo.  These are the heels that were marked size 11 but in a complete reversal of Ellie sizing actually fit two sizes BIG.  Still a tiny bit snug around the toebox but they get better every time I wear them.

post-19684-0-39578300-1380307386_thumb.j

post-19684-0-67354600-1380307395_thumb.j

Just another day working from home but it has been awhile since I've had a moment to take a picture and make a post so I figured, what the heck.  Today it's a black Torrid skirt, black sheer hosiery, a red shirt and nude pumps.  Extremely comfortable and I've gotten a ton of work done and the day is only half over.

Hey there, Lime! I see you wore the Payless "Karmen" pumps in nude patent. Very nice! I just bought a pair in that very color the other day and I'm anxious to wear them out on a jaunt. Bravo to you!

Thanks bluejay!  Can I say again that I love this black Torrid skirt.  It's simply so comfortable and fits perfectly.  I'm definately on the lookout for another of the same style to come up at auction.  Lately I've been pairing fishnets with peeptoes and that's what I did again today.  Ellie navy and white spectator peeptoe platforms, black stockings, black skirt and a navy blue polo.  These are the heels that were marked size 11 but in a complete reversal of Ellie sizing actually fit two sizes BIG.  Still a tiny bit snug around the toebox but they get better every time I wear them.

Love the look of the fishnet hose with your peep toe pumps and black skirt.

Thanks for the pic and the post.

Happy heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Another day in my (now seemingly) standby navy polo and black skirt.  This time with navy hosiery and my 5' wingtip pumps.  Comfortable and well fitting but my feet and legs definately know I'm wearing heels higher than usual.  Ah, I sit at a desk most of the time when I work from home so it's not a huge deal anyway.  Didn't realize I had a bunch up on one of my stockings until after I took the pictures, oh well.

post-19684-0-18115900-1381356852_thumb.j

post-19684-0-78893500-1381356861_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

A couple days catch up as I continue to wear my green skirt as much as possible on home work days.  If anything, taking these pictures has allowed me to keep an archive of different ways to pair my skirts with the rest of my attire.  I don't always snap a picture but here are a couple days recently when I did. Last week I paired it with a black polo, dark green hosiery, black patent platforms (Le Femme, Christian Siriano for Payless), and a necktie with blue, green, and silver in it.  I wasn't sure how the green hosiery would work with the green skirt but it ended up lightening the color of the skirt, making it appear a little more teal, along with the necktie.

The other is what I'm wearing today.  As I posted in the new shoes thread, I've always loved yellow heels and finally found a pair in size 13.  While colder weather is finally beginning to settle in, I went for more of a spring inspired look, attempting to wear the same skirt on the other side of the spectrum.  So same Torrid skirt, white shirt, yellow pumps (Emily, Romantic Soles), and a vintage necktie related to a product the client I was working with today worked on marketing for years ago.  Hosiery is suntan Sheer Energy, just got a new order in today and I'll have to say this color is going to be my default going forward.  I ordered both beige and suntan and to be honest they're only the slightest bit different, so much that I can't tell until I put them on.  I prefer the slightly lighter (and there by a little more sheer) suntan as it's closer to my skin color, making them perfect for every day wear.

post-19684-0-29934000-1383168384_thumb.j

post-19684-0-62838400-1383168391_thumb.j

post-19684-0-91793900-1383168406_thumb.j

post-19684-0-66717800-1383168418_thumb.j

Lime15,

I like your ensembles. I just replied on your post about your new yellow pumps. Are those Jessica Simpson pumps? I saw the yellow color when I bought the green pumps, from DSW last March to wear with a green ensemble for ST. Patrick's Day. I don't remember if I posted any pics of the green ensemble. I remember I wore black, "Dockers" dress pants and a kelly green polo shirt. Got a couple compliments on that green ensemble at the St. Patrick's Day party I went to.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

My first impression is that the outfit with the yellow pumps and white shirt is more flattering for you, maybe because the waistline of the skirt doesn't look so high. The sheer tan hose are a perfect combination too. I like how you have the confidence to combine bold colours like that.

If you like it, wear it.

Thank you for your comments bluejay and SleekHeels.

bluejay, the yellow pumps are made by Romantic Soles, a value / mid range brand that used to be all over the online shoe stores a few years ago.  Most of their offerings were classic pumps in many colors and if I'm remembering correctly they ran up to at least size 15 (normal US women's 15, not skewed smaller like Pleaser).  Last year most online retailers finally sold out of the brand and I think it was discontinued.  I had a similar pair in patent navy that were about half as high from the same brand that got tossed in my final (as in both most recent and ending) purge a couple years ago.  Those were nothing special but it makes me wish I had purchased and kept a few other pairs from them as there were always a ton of color choices.

SleekHeels, looking at my pictures I was wearing the skirt a little high with the first outfit, don't know why I had it hiked up like that.  I'm 6'1" so my torso usually looks short in comparison to my legs and the vertical shape of my face.  Thank you very much for your comments.