Out And About

chrisinkilts

I left work at luinch time and switched to my 2 inch wedges. I went to Walmart with buying a fishing license and I need some sheer hosiery other than suntan. I headed into the store which was very busy and made my way to the back corner where the sporting goods are. Hopped into line to wait only to find that they could not sell licenses today. So I headed across the Walmart to the clothing section. Everything has been moved around. I found the aisle with the hosiery, however there was a lady there purchasing underwear, and she took a very long time. So I wandered around keeping the aisle in view. I ran into a friend who was shopping. we had a short conversation and she did not show any sign of recognition that I had 2 inch wedges on. We went on our merry ways and I managed to get back into the aisle and grab four pairs of Sheer Energy and one pair of Hanes Seasonless Tights. Overall, as busy as it was no one took note of my footwear. This Walmart serves the people that live in the city, it's rough and tough and filled with people that think very differently than myself. It's also the oldest Walmart around. Not sure I want to go buy too many more pairs of shoes at this point.

Those wedges don't really stand out and I can see why your friend didn't notice. I too but hosiery at Walmart and gladly pick it out no matter who is in the aisle. You will find that they just don't care. No need to wait till it's clear. Last time I shopped I had my 5" harness boots on and they too didn't cause any concern. Jim

It's true they are fairly unisex in appearance. They shouldn't be noticeable really at all unless you looked a the back of them, then it would be obvious they are from the female side of the aisle.

I buy hosiery from Walmart, all the time. Never had a problem picking out what I wanted, even if women were there too, in the hosiery aisle. No problems at the check-out either. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Considering some of the more "freestyling" I've worn to Walmart, although very tame in comparison to several on this forum, I think about ending up on a POW post. For those of you not familiar with it, you can take a look here. http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ I would have to think this does not help our cause for the most part. One good thing about the site is it seems to be primarily Walmarts in one central area of the country, I've never seen a post from my neck of the woods.

POW is the acid test of fashion. If you have it down and walk into Walmart you won't wind up there and if you do the image could get positive feedback and thrown into the original poster's face.. Even if it comes from fellow like thinkers. I've seen really bad on there, and some genuinely trying but haven't quite got it. I've never seen a guy in heels on there that had it together, so consider that. If I actually needed to go into Walmart, I would do it in heels as that is my normal dress, Quite frankly, I dare them to put me on POW. I will rip them a new one.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

POW is the acid test of fashion. If you have it down and walk into Walmart you won't wind up there and if you do the image could get positive feedback and thrown into the original poster's face.. Even if it comes from fellow like thinkers.

I've seen really bad on there, and some genuinely trying but haven't quite got it. I've never seen a guy in heels on there that had it together, so consider that.

If I actually needed to go into Walmart, I would do it in heels as that is my normal dress, Quite frankly, I dare them to put me on POW. I will rip them a new one.

Well, I like to think I "have it together" and can handle Wal-Mart, but I'm no fan of the place and avoid going there. Too lowbrow for my liking, I've always considered it an astronomically larger version of a dollar store.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I enjoy wearing my heels in the Walmart where we live. We live in a small mountain town and shopping is a problem. The Walmart here is 3 years old or so and is actually a very nice store with grocery and all. Now if someone wants to photo me in Walmart that's fine as a lot of the folks shopping here are not dressed well at all. Some back woods country folks! They may not dress well but they sure are friendly and helpful. Far different from the folks up north where we used to live. Have to say other than hosiery I don't really shop for clothes there. Hard to believe but our Dollar General here is also a new and nice store. That's what we get living in the mountains. I wear my heels in the Dollar General also. So, Out and About I go!! :)

Just swung by People of Wal-Mart. Lord have mercy, the creatures who lurk in that store! Blows my tiny mind! I can't help but wonder if those people intentionally dress up as human train wrecks for the express purpose of getting photographed and winding up on that website. If that's the case, then I weep for mankind as the species is definitely going down the sewer. But the comments that accompany the photos are a riot and a half!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Speaking of those creatures that lurk about in walmarts, the other week something happened for the first time there.. I was reading how someone drove a Chevy Montecarlo through the front of one of their stores. The thing that finally struck me oddly was that besides the customers shopping there they FINALLY had something made in America on their floor! -Jay Leno

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Its not the fact that they would dress like that just to get photographed that should Bother you. What should bother you is the fact that that IS HOW they dress.

Its not the fact that they would dress like that just to get photographed that should

Bother you. What should bother you is the fact that that IS HOW they dress.

It looks to me that this HOW they dress when out shopping. Disgusting! I visit Walmart often since it's they only place in town and in my neck of the Georgia woods have never seen anyone dress anything close to these photos. I do always have my camera phone ready!! I was Out and About yesterday having my wife's car serviced and was wearing my red Brash Cosmic pumps. Not a word was said although everyone in the waiting room had a good view. Did some shopping afterwards with no comments. All was good yesterday and I enjoyed my afternoon!post-870-0-28199400-1365628670_thumb.jpgpost-870-0-28526600-1365628781_thumb.jpg

Nice red heels. I not brave enough to show of my heels like that. Also nice to see a pic of someone out and about in heels. Keep up the good work. I did wear a blue pair out and about once, jeans covered almost all the heel till I sat down for supper. I was with my wife,her brother and wife and 5 kids. I was surprised no one noticed or said anything. My wife wants me to wear the blue heels to a Blue Jays game in a couple of weeks.

My wife wants me to wear the blue heels to a Blue Jays game in a couple of weeks.

Go for it. What more do you need.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

krazyhusband, Go for it! It will be fun and with the wifes support what more could you want!! luvnheels, These are now my favorite heels to wear! I first wore them in public on an airline trip in February with positive results and comments. Sitting in the waiting room getting the car serviced I was on full display with many folks and salespeople walking through. Not one comment or even a strange look as I am sure everyone noticed!! It was great fun! Then out shopping on my way home! I stopped at Payless and got a second pair in black. Thanks

Just swung by People of Wal-Mart. Lord have mercy, the creatures who lurk in that store! Blows my tiny mind! I can't help but wonder if those people intentionally dress up as human train wrecks for the express purpose of getting photographed and winding up on that website. If that's the case, then I weep for mankind as the species is definitely going down the sewer. But the comments that accompany the photos are a riot and a half!

I have seen first hand similar examples at a couple Walmarts near me. What makes it worse is seeing them at an eating establishments too.

Nice red heels. I not brave enough to show of my heels like that. Also nice to see a pic of someone out and about in heels. Keep up the good work.

I did wear a blue pair out and about once, jeans covered almost all the heel till I sat down for supper. I was with my wife,her brother and wife and 5 kids. I was surprised no one noticed or said anything. My wife wants me to wear the blue heels to a Blue Jays game in a couple of weeks.

Go for it wear the blue heels.

I have a pair of royal blue, patent peep toe pumps, with a red band around the sole. I wear them out in the summer. I always have a red pedi on my toes and the look is very eye catching, for a man to be wearing. I have had several positive comments from women both young and old, on how they liked the look on me. The last time I wore them out last summer, I wore them with white pants and a royal blue polo shirt. We were eating at, Bob Evans Restaurant , one Sunday morning and the waitress, (about 25) said she just loved my shoes and asked where she could get a pair like them. I told her that I bought them from DSW, a couple years ago, on their close out rack, for about 80% off their original price. It was a great buy, as I just loved the royal blue color. Even the hostess said she liked the look too, when I paid the check.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Again, as bluejay says, Just Go For It!! It's fun and nobody has ever given me a hard time about those bright red pumps. I wish they still had them in blue from Payless as they look almost identical to the pair you have! Of course it also depends on where I am going as they haven't been to Home Depot yet as I am usually in crappy looking clothes from doing yard/house repairs. Don't think they would go with that outfit!! :) Jim

I have a pair of royal blue, patent peep toe pumps, with a red band around the sole. I wear them out in the summer. I always have a red pedi on my toes and the look is very eye catching, for a man to be wearing. I have had several positive comments from women both young and old, on how they liked the look on me. The last time I wore them out last summer, I wore them with white pants and a royal blue polo shirt. We were eating at, Bob Evans Restaurant , one Sunday morning and the waitress, (about 25) said she just loved my shoes and asked where she could get a pair like them. I told her that I bought them from DSW, a couple years ago, on their close out rack, for about 80% off their original price. It was a great buy, as I just loved the royal blue color. Even the hostess said she liked the look too, when I paid the check.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I remember that morning well. My wife and I were with you and you looked fabulous. We went to BonTon shopping afterward, too, as I recall. We had a fun weekend!

Steve