Gig Night In Heels...with Pic...

Rockbass19

So the gig went extremely well. Crowd demanded an encore! I wore my 2 inch block heel cowboy-ish boots from Avenue (with high-arch insoles that I put in) during the whole gig. Played in front of 60 people - no one noticed. Here's a pic.

post-19656-0-35124100-1363008363_thumb.j

So the gig went extremely well. Crowd demanded an encore! I wore my 2 inch block heel cowboy-ish boots from Avenue (with high-arch insoles that I put in) during the whole gig. Played in front of 60 people - no one noticed. Here's a pic.

No one noticed that you played? HA HA HA - just kidding. I would certainly hope they noticed that you played!

But I think you mean that no one noticed your heels. Frankly, I'd never notice those were women's shoes either from that pic. They're totally unisex. So good on your outing and I'm glad it went well. That was a big step for you, I'm sure. Keep taking them. It gets easier every time. The world is ok with what you wear on your feet.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Awesome. Those look really good for out in public. I was going to wear my 2 1/2in heels one night to play drums but I get too hot plus I was also too busy setting up drums and the sound system.

Awesome. Those look really good for out in public.

I was going to wear my 2 1/2in heels one night to play drums but I get too hot plus

I was also too busy setting up drums and the sound system.

I used to play drums so I totally know what you mean.

What Kind of bass is that? I love the finish on it!

It's a Carvin LB70P, custom made in the USA. She looks and sounds beautiful - best bass I have ever played...

Awesome. Those look really good for out in public.

I was going to wear my 2 1/2in heels one night to play drums but I get too hot plus

I was also too busy setting up drums and the sound system.

I have worn these out several times in public, so far. They're not too fem and my jeans hide the heels very well. I couldn't imagine playing drums in heels and I used to be a drummer...

I couldn't imagine playing drums in heels and I used to be a drummer...

I tried it once, drumming in heels. It's impossible to use your kick drum like you would normally do.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

2 1/2in heel is ok for drums. Hi is not good. When I was in nashville, visiting my brother, there was a chick playing drums in low Heels. I new I had to do it. In nasvhille, the bands are in windows with their backs to the street. I don't play anymore, hearing loss, (I was not that good anyway), but I am happy that as a sound engineer, I could work with my bass player to teach him how to have the best sound on the beach. When we played, more bass players came up and said they were glad to finally hear the bass. Not that it was loud its all in thev EQ. There was one of those "band" competion shows on TV several years ago. The drummer for the chick band had on hi heels and plying.

I played drums once in 5 inch stiletto thigh boots. My feet kept slipping of the bass and highhat pedals.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I like the kick with a little heel, the snare not so much.

how would you possibly hit the snare with your heels? (or do you mean the hihat?)

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.