New Heeler

platformman

Hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a while and thought it was about time that I posted! Here is my story for anyone who is interested. I remember the first day in my life quite clearly when I became fascinated with high heels. I was about 11 or 12 years old, can't quite remember and I was on my way to school when I clocked a girl wearing a pair of stilettos. I could not believe how sexy they looked, and I instantly new that I HAD to wear a pair, even though I knew fine well that according to society "rules", only girls could do such things. I went down the obvious route of trying my mothers shoes in secret, but unluckily for me, my mother had very small feet and my feet at that age were already bigger than hers. I did somehow manage to squeeze into a pair of her knee high boots one day when they wear out and man what a feeling that was even though they hurt because they were too small! After that, I spent many frustrated years at home living with my parents and lusting after my own HHs. Fast forward to my mid 20s when I finally left home……after I had been living on my own for a few months I suddenly realised what was missing in my life - high heels! I naively ordered myself a pair of 6" black stiletto courts (with no platform) and expected to able to walk in them! Ha, first time I slipped them on and tried to walk in them I nearly fell flat on my face. But over the coming weeks and months, I actually got the hang of them and could walk quite confidently around the house for reasonable periods of time. They were exhilarating to wear and I knew that this was a first step along a journey. Around this time (1999) I also discovered a few websites devoted to high heels, including "jennies high heels" which was a legendary website with lots of good information. My desire to wear HHs in public was very strong and I knew that 6" stilettos wear not exactly practical street wear (I didn't exactly see women wearing them) and I knew I needed something far more practical and suitable. Fortunately, around this time, block heel platforms were in fashion, and I absolutely adore platforms, hence I made a trip to Manchester to buy myself a pair of high heeled boots! I was so excited, and the girl in the shop was so cool about it, and I tried on a few pairs until I settled on a pair of 4.25" block heel boots. Not exactly outrageous but man they felt so good and I had absolutely no qualms about wearing them in public! As so many people have remarked on here, nobody cared much and this initial purchase was followed quickly by more including a couple of pairs of 5" platform ankle boots and a pair of 5" knee highs. What was fantastic was to walk into a shoe shop wearing high heeled boots to try on more, what a buzz! So I tended to spend my weekend in heels and this continued until I met my current wife. She all found it a bit odd, but didn't disapprove, although I never went out with heels on with her since she doesn't wear heels herself. So, my heel wearing kind of disappeared by its own accord. For various reasons, it never really revived itself until recently, and I have now started to get back into it, albeit slowly. Found these incredible super high wedge boots just before christmas by Jeffrey Campbell and I am addicted to them: http://www.soletrader.co.uk/Jeffrey-Campbell-Damsel-Spike-Boots/pid-JCDAMSLB I've never worn wedges before, but I have to say I love the edgy style, and that they are super comfortable as well (which for 7" heels is remarkable). These are my current favourite boots. I also enjoy cowboy boots as well with a highish heel and own a couple of pairs. Not into shoes, i've always stuck to boots. I also always wear bog standard male clothes, and make no attempt to hide my heels. Anyway, I hope someone enjoyed reading this and encouraged someone else to try heeling. It is a liberating experience, and as has been said 1000 times before, NO ONE CARES! Best wishes to you all

Thanks Platformman, Glad you posted your story and congratulations on getting back in to heeling. I saw those Jeffrey Campbell ones before too, I have lower pair I use with zipper on back which I wear, he has been getting some good boots recently. Keep on going with the heeling, thanks for sharing!

Thanks Platformman,

Glad you posted your story and congratulations on getting back in to heeling.

I saw those Jeffrey Campbell ones before too, I have lower pair I use with zipper on back

which I wear, he has been getting some good boots recently.

Keep on going with the heeling, thanks for sharing!

Interesting to hear from someone else that wears Jeffrey Campbells. I am very impressed with the quality of the boots, and the overall level of comfort too. Compared to the heels I used to wear (which were relatively cheap), the Damsel boots feel like slippers and are so easy to walk in! But what a power trip they are when I have them on, they make me feel invincible when I wear them.

Yes heeling is empowering and and that is one of the reasons women and men wear them. I have a couple of pairs of Jeffrey Campbells, in fact one pair I had purchased the whole sole delaminated after a coupe wears, I called up Solestruck and they gave me another pair and style at no cost. That sold me on their service which I still checkout. keep heeling!

Welcome aboard, platformman! I certainly enjoyed reading your experience. I hope you'll enjoy HHP!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It's good when someone new arrives and give good account of themselves, so a BIG welcome is truly given from me. So many arrive and never really give much away as to why they are here. As Steve said you should fit in I'll go further and say you do. Welcome to the club. Al