The New Adventures Of Radiodave

radiodave

radiodave,

Nice to see you had a great time at your production wearing what you want. Ask your buddy Steve63130 about our day together in Columbus and Granville a while back. He wore his sandals and I wore my tall wedges and even had a handbag and nothing bad at all happened....except finding that the Nordstrrom Rask wasn't quite ready for business yet! You always had the confidence to do what you wanted and now you have the proof that the demons were all mental indeed.  HappyinHeels

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight was a milestone.  I am directing a play at the community theater I'm involved with. 

Dave;

As a members of the art's community, you can get away with a lot more than you might think.  When I'm wearing knee high boots with jeans or leggings, I often have folks comment to me that "you must be an artist."  It seems that folks have the image of a guy in high boots being of one who will express himself or it is the excuse folks using to rationalizing my appearance. .

You didn't mention how you wore the boots.  From your account, I assumed you wore them under slacks.  Next time, show them off.  Declare yourself as an artist.  (There great looking boots by the way. Don't hide them.)

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

As a members of the art's community, you can get away with a lot more than you might think.  When I'm wearing knee high boots with jeans or leggings, I often have folks comment to me that "you must be an artist."  It seems that folks have the image of a guy in high boots being of one who will express himself or it is the excuse folks using to rationalizing my appearance. .

I once had a lady walk up to me and ask if I'm an artist. I vaguely remember the conversation continuing along the lines of:

Me: "No, I'm not."

Her: [glancing at my heels] "So why are you dressed like that?" (I was wearing court stilettos, jeans, shirt and v-neck jumper, or something similar).

Me: "I guess it's a social statement."

Her: "Isn't that what art is?"

Me: "Yes, I suppose you're right."

By that reckoning perhaps we're all artists in a way.

Dave, do you think you directed the play differently/better because you were wearing heels?

If you like it, wear it.

I once had a lady walk up to me and ask if I'm an artist. I vaguely remember the conversation continuing along the lines of:

Me: "No, I'm not."

Her: [glancing at my heels] "So why are you dressed like that?" (I was wearing court stilettos, jeans, shirt and v-neck jumper, or something similar).

Me: "I guess it's a social statement."

Her: "Isn't that what art is?"

Me: "Yes, I suppose you're right."

So, can you draw, SH? :silly:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Some artist express themselves with paint and drawing materials, some with film, some by creating a performance as a director, some with music... Others expression themselves with fashion.  The common thread is that they express themselves (and if they are acclaimed, it's generally because they have done it well).

Notably, JeffB is becoming a fashion artist.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Not much to report today, other than I wore my Aldo "Skarivano" boots in black suede with black dress pants all day. Only 2" heels that are pretty well concealed, but they are SO comfortable. Nice to wear them to work without a second thought. Kind of an interesting experience when I actually have to decide which boots to wear today.

• 3 weeks later...

Some artist express themselves with paint and drawing materials, some with film, some by creating a performance as a director, some with music... Others expression themselves with fashion.  The common thread is that they express themselves (and if they are acclaimed, it's generally because they have done it well).

Notably, JeffB is becoming a fashion artist.

TBG

A fashion artist, eh? Not bad for someone who can't draw a straight line WITH a ruler!  :silly:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!