12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear your heels in snow?

• Yes
    • Switch with sneakers
    • Switch with snow boots
    • Wear heeled snow boots
    • What is snow
    • Are you crazy, heels are too expensive

So I was thinking about the fact that wearing heels all the time there would be a point I would have to deal with snow! Out of curiousity what does eveyone do? Do you brave the snow and ice in your heels or do you put on a pair of sneakers or snow boots? Maybe get a pair of heeled snow boots? -Nikki

For cold and snow I wear heeled boots - Clarks knee high black boots with a tapered 3" heel (not stiletto - thicker than that). For ice, I wear a pair of flat faux fir-lined fabric boots (say that real fast 3 times!) in dark gray that I got from Payless a few years ago. They have good traction. I also strap a pillow to my butt... :rudolf: BWAHAHAHAHA Steve

A poll mentioning SNOW in June?!?!??! WTF!!!! :D Yes, I usually wear wedge boots of somekind.

Edited by ilikekicks

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hi all, I wear heels in snow every winter. I don't change the way I dress just because a cold front brings some snow down on the city. In fresh snow I've found my heels work fine, I figure they'd be likely less slippery than larger soled footwear because the stiletto heel always gets direct contact with the footpath. The real danger is when I get inside a building foyer which is usually tiled/ polished concrete etc and my shoes are super slippery until I can make sure any built up snow on the toe area is off. Scuffing my feet on the mats usually works fine, but there is that extra risk of skidding when first entering a building. I have damaged the leather on my heels from getting them soaked as a result of snow, so I wear older pumps that already have suffered some pavement damage on the heels. Cheers Heel-Lover

I'm not going to tempt fate when there's snow and ice around. I made a nasty fall a few years ago and broke my left pinky. Not being able to play guitar for four weeks was sheer hell. Took me more then a year to get complete dexterity back. So..... no!

Short and sweet....NEVER! I don't even wear heels when it rains. To paraphrase a line made famous by the late Johnny Cochran, "If the streets ain't dry, then my heels ain't high!" That's my philosophy when it comes to heels and the weather, and I'm sticking to it!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!