First Public Outing

hhl4vr

Well I was able to finally go through with it and have my first real public outing. I was on a road trip which gave me the chance to wear heels. It was a sudden road trip and I did not have a chance to bring my own pair of high heels. However,the hotel I was staying at was beside a second hand store so I went in and bought a pair of boots. (they were about 3.25 inch heel plus not there was not much selection to choose from) I never was one to buy boots before this but tried and and realized that it might be easier to try in public than high heels shoes (at least that is what I was thinking)

I then walked went back to the hotel and put the boots on and took the elavator down to car garage and drove to a mall that was really busy.

I walked around the mall. It was felt so amazing, scary, thrilling all at the same time. I then drove to a burget joint and ate at a table then drove back to hotel. There was no incident-not even sure anyone noticed me.

If it was not for this site and reading about all of you and your experiences I never would have done it. I took a picture with my blackberry and will try to upload it (the picture is not the best quality)

Congratulations and well done, and I bet you feel brilliant, what you will find now as I did, you dont have a large arrow above your head pointing at you saying, he's wearing heels, people dont really look.

There will be no stopping you now as your confidence grows and as with you this site has been brilliant at helping to overcome our fears.

• 2 weeks later...

While ive been a long time wearer of heels in the house & driving I finally felt it was time I ventured into the great outdoors, having been driving round all day in my 6" pleaser boots I came across a dead end street which is used by a local factory for parking so nobody is usually about, all seemed quiet so I thought it would be an ideal place to get out and stretch my legs.* It felt wonderful to actually get outside finally. After about 30 minutes of walking while on my phone I spotted a lady walking towards me from the factory, I managed keep a car between me and the approaching lady as she headed in my direction only to find out the car I was circling to try & hide my boots as much as I could was actually hers. As I saw her unlock the car it was too late to move anywhere else so I braved it and just stood there next to her car as she got in and prepared to drive off. I'm sure she must have seen me strutting around and she made quite an effort to check me out as she manoeuvred the car to drive off..* Well that's my first outdoor experience and sighting out of the way things can only get easier.* Bring on the next location!!! :smile:

While ive been a long time wearer of heels in the house & driving I finally felt it was time I ventured into the great outdoors, having been driving round all day in my 6" pleaser boots I came across a dead end street which is used by a local factory for parking so nobody is usually about, all seemed quiet so I thought it would be an ideal place to get out and stretch my legs.*

It felt wonderful to actually get outside finally. After about 30 minutes of walking while on my phone I spotted a lady walking towards me from the factory, I managed keep a car between me and the approaching lady as she headed in my direction only to find out the car I was circling to try & hide my boots as much as I could was actually hers. As I saw her unlock the car it was too late to move anywhere else so I braved it and just stood there next to her car as she got in and prepared to drive off. I'm sure she must have seen me strutting around and she made quite an effort to check me out as she manoeuvred the car to drive off..*

Well that's my first outdoor experience and sighting out of the way things can only get easier.*

Bring on the next location!!! :smile:

Great job! It does get easier with each experience...Can't wait to hear about your next adventure...Don

Poor lady, she must have had the fear of her life - not because of spcifically you wearing heels as a guy or blablabla. But being a woman, walking alone in a dead end street with nobody there except an unknow guy standing by her car... :smile::wave:

I'm not quite ready for the shoppng mall experience yet!! Got to get used to how different terrain effects your walking ability first (takes some practice when your only used to interior floors) :smile: I have never picked an avatar cos I can't seem to pick one myself (maybe because I'm using my iPhone??) that one seems to be automatically chosen for me somehow!!

My first post. Crazy site since guys are from all over the world. I first tried heels at that curious age (early teen), then shelved it for 50 years. Opened the door again last fall. Recently, changed into 2.5" open-back heels while waiting outside of airport security at Reagan National (a beer helped). When through security and flew home wearing the heels. Like others have said, no one said a word.

Great job! It does get easier with each experience...Can't wait to hear about your next adventure...Don

Today I found a new spot to really test my outdoor experience, after spending all morning driving in my heels I found a remote cycle/bridle way which is about a quarter of a mile long which doesn't get used a great deal.*

I parked my car at one end of it and set myself a challenge..*

I locked the car and walked all the way to the far end in my flat shoes where I hid my car keys in some grass, then I walked back to where my car was and changed into my 6" high boots and set about retrieving my keys and getting back to my car in my heels.

All was going great until half way back I heard a noise from behind, when looked round I saw a cyclist coming up the path. There was nothing I could do but just walk as normal as I could and just keep going as I was too far away to make it to the car before he caught up with me.

He passed without any backwards glances but must have seen what I was wearing..

I must say it was nerve racking but what a fantastic feeling. :smile:

Since61... Welcome to the site, it's a nice one. I am a guy almost your age and have been wearing heels since the 90's (wow a long time ago). We only go around once in this life and if wearing heels is you passion, go for it! I did, and it's FUN! Like the quote in the movie Napolean Dynamite, "Follow your dreams Pedro." As you said in your post, no one really noticed either. That also has been my general experience when heeling in public. Bottom line, welcome, and have fun!!! see ya, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"