Fantastic compliment.

Foxyheels

Had a nice compliment yesterday but before I explain it wasn't to do with heels but I think it's relevant to those considering wearing heels in public. Yesterday was a charity day at work for breast cancer. It was a pink themed day and we were encouraged to wear something pink. We normally wear a uniform to work but for a small donation to the charity we were allowed to wear our own clothes. I had to embrace the pink theme so I wore a baby pink polo t-shirt black boot lag jeans and my 3and a half inch block heeled boots. I also had on one of MrsF's pink belts with a big sparkly buckle, lots of sparkly bracelets (including a pink one) a pink gem stone earring in my left ear and a long dangly pink feather earrings in my right ear. To travel to work I wore my black 'trench coat' style jacket and a black trilby hat. I started work at 7am and as I am a supervisor I arrive early at about six thirty. I realised I probably would be the first person on duty that day in pink as the night shift from the day before weren't allowed to wear their own clothes. To get to my locker I have to walk directly passed everyone who is working on the main room. I really got everyones attention and got some fantastic comments. Throughout the day most people commented and of course I wasn't the only person embracing the pink theme but I was the only male who was. Other men wore pink but it was very subtle not wishing to stand out. I had a couple of comments about my heels. "what you got on your feet you're clanking around?" said one girl. I promptly exposed my heels for her and she just said "ah you have got heels on" I showed them off to several people and got absolutely no real reaction, it wasn't an issue. However the star of the day was my pink feather earring which got far more comment and attention than my heels. All of it was positive, a lot of it disbelief that I dared wear it but still positive. So to the point of the story, I have to be relieved from my job by the next supervisor who arrives so at three in the afternoon my relief turned up. She walked over to me and said hello. I was sat down with my heels hidden under the desk. She began talking to me and mid sentence as she saw my feather earring she said "Gary, you must be so certain of your masculinity to do that" I smiled and the conversation continued. That comment made my day, it affirmed to me that I had managed to dress against people's view of normal but it didn't effect their view of me. Now I am no shrinking violet but it does prove the point confidence is key, thanks for reading.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I've always said that though. Confidence is the key. It's the same when presenting as female, I have never had any real problems probably because of my confidence, or certainly perceived confidence.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I wish I could add something to that, but I can't. It's all about confidence, it is! If anyone here knows of any other way of getting this point across please step forward, because I fear that too many here still don't fully understand this.

Thanks Gary.

I've noticed that most folk who show adverse reactions, often have something to hide or deep personal problems. Many when faced with it, be it earings, heels, skirts or whatever, are surprised that thier idea of, is different to the actual. I don't advocate pushing it into peoples faces, but more coverage is the way to find acceptance.

totter along into history

To travel to work I wore my black 'trench coat' style jacket and a black trilby hat.

The first thing that came to mind when i read this was inspector gadget LOL or is your trench coat lined with dodgey knock-off watches? :smile:

but more seriously, your story was great, the people who work in your office sound wonderful :smile:

Good for you, Foxyheels! Doesn't it feel great when you get a compliment on your attire? That's what confidence will do for you, when you stride boldly into public settings, dressed in the way you choose to dress, you're subconsciously saying to the world that you're supremely comfortable in your own skin and therefore can wear whatever feels good to you. Confidence is important to all of us when it comes to wearing high heels (or, in my case, heels and skirts) in public, without it, we're hopelessly chained in our closets, hidden from sight, trapped in the cocoons of our own fears, be they real or imagined. Sure, the big bad world can be awfully damn scary to us and our unique passion, and confidence doesn't come right away, you have to build it slowly, stone by stone, brick by brick until you have a firm foundation, then a structure of assuredness that will embolden you for when you venture out in public. Developing confidence isn't easy, it's all a matter of trial and error, but it can be done, and once you've achieved it, a whole world of possibilities open up, and that's when you start having fun with freestyling.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wore a baby pink polo t-shirt black boot lag jeans and my 3and a half inch block heeled boots. I also had on one of MrsF's pink belts with a big sparkly buckle, lots of sparkly bracelets (including a pink one) a pink gem stone earring in my left ear and a long dangly pink feather earrings in my right ear.

God what a sight it shoul have been !

But the earrings were still on display even with the "inspector gadget" trench coat, weren't they ?

God what a sight it shoul have been !

But the earrings were still on display even with the "inspector gadget" trench coat, weren't they ?

Yes you could not miss my earrings especially the one with the two pink feathers which were about 3cm long and 2cm wide both dangling on a 4cm. Long gold coloured thin chain.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Nice outfit Foxyheels. Well done :-)

Your co-worker saw your feather earring and made a comment about it.

Your heels were hidden under the desk. I guess she did not notice them ?

Did you stand up to show her that you were wearing heels ?

Nice outfit Foxyheels. Well done :-)

Your co-worker saw your feather earring and made a comment about it.

Your heels were hidden under the desk. I guess she did not notice them ?

Did you stand up to show her that you were wearing heels ?

Not at that point but later in my shift we sat together with a couple of others in a side room, my heels were on full display no issues from anyone.

Yesterday I was on an 'away day' at a David Lloyd fitness centre with other supervisors from my workplace. I was wearing a black t-shirt, black jeans, a leafed jacket, my black block heel boots and a trilby hat as it was a casual dress day. Normal work dress is a formal uniform but as we were not atour normal place of work we would have looked out of place. I took the wrong turn so arrived a little later than I expected and nearly everyone was already there. There were some there that ad seen my boots before from the previous week but most had not. I said good morning and went and found a seat in between two of my colleagues. There were 20 of us all together of various age ranges from 25 to 55, I know them all well and we spent the day discussing issues at work including performance and future plans. During the day it was clear I was wearing heels and everyone was fine, I did not hide my heels and there was no negative comments. There was two highlights to the day. The first was mid morning when we were having a coffee I was sat between two female colleagues and they began to talk about shoes. One had knee high 3" stiletto black boots and the other had 5" slim block heel shoes which up to that point I hadn't noticed which is very unusual for me. I expressed iwas upset that someone had higher heels on than me and exposed mine for comparison. " oh they are nice" one f them said. " yep mine are higher said the other. The second highlight came when we went in the bar after the day, again I sat between two ladies and after a while conversation turned to Halloween and one of the girls asked " are you dressing up for Halloween, I think there's a local showing of the rocky horror show on, I saw you walking differently when you came in this morning and didn't realise for a few seconds but then saw and realised you had heels on." the other girl joined in "let's have a look then" I pulled up my trouser leg and she said " oh I thought they were knee high", she seemed a little disappointed. We then had a great conversation about heels and such , it was a very normal natural conversation. Another great day and I have a trip to the Trafford centre next wek with two days in London a few days later so lots of street heeling opportunity coming up. So looking forward to this with MrsF, trip toa show and lots of shopping.

Developing confidence isn't easy, it's all a matter of trial and error, but it can be done, and once you've achieved it, a whole world of possibilities open up, and that's when you start having fun with freestyling.

I echo Jeff's comment and might add that confidence grows imagination and further possibilities as far as fashion and new places to explore in high heels.

Hey foxy good work incorporating your heels into the work place. What i've noticed over the last few years is that more & more members here seem to be going out into the world in their heels and finding that there is no real adverse reaction Isn't it great . I'm still having a great time going out, at nights mainly, wearing my heels & skirts of different styles & getting really good reaction from men & women alike . I really think the world is opening it"s eyes to the idea that if guys want yo wear heels , skirts , stockings ,dresses why shouldn't they if they aren't hurting any body cheers Malinheels :smile:

I would have replied "no, but I'm very certain of my femininity."

Had a nice compliment yesterday but before I explain it wasn't to do with heels but I think it's relevant to those considering wearing heels in public.

Yesterday was a charity day at work for breast cancer. It was a pink themed day and we were encouraged to wear something pink. We normally wear a uniform to work but for a small donation to the charity we were allowed to wear our own clothes.

I had to embrace the pink theme so I wore a baby pink polo t-shirt black boot lag jeans and my 3and a half inch block heeled boots. I also had on one of MrsF's pink belts with a big sparkly buckle, lots of sparkly bracelets (including a pink one) a pink gem stone earring in my left ear and a long dangly pink feather earrings in my right ear.

To travel to work I wore my black 'trench coat' style jacket and a black trilby hat.

I started work at 7am and as I am a supervisor I arrive early at about six thirty. I realised I probably would be the first person on duty that day in pink as the night shift from the day before weren't allowed to wear their own clothes.

To get to my locker I have to walk directly passed everyone who is working on the main room. I really got everyones attention and got some fantastic comments.

Throughout the day most people commented and of course I wasn't the only person embracing the pink theme but I was the only male who was. Other men wore pink but it was very subtle not wishing to stand out.

I had a couple of comments about my heels. "what you got on your feet you're clanking around?" said one girl. I promptly exposed my heels for her and she just said "ah you have got heels on" I showed them off to several people and got absolutely no real reaction, it wasn't an issue.

However the star of the day was my pink feather earring which got far more comment and attention than my heels. All of it was positive, a lot of it disbelief that I dared wear it but still positive.

So to the point of the story, I have to be relieved from my job by the next supervisor who arrives so at three in the afternoon my relief turned up. She walked over to me and said hello. I was sat down with my heels hidden under the desk. She began talking to me and mid sentence as she saw my feather earring she said "Gary, you must be so certain of your masculinity to do that" I smiled and the conversation continued.

That comment made my day, it affirmed to me that I had managed to dress against people's view of normal but it didn't effect their view of me.

Now I am no shrinking violet but it does prove the point confidence is key, thanks for reading.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!