wearing male oxford with 4inch heels out shopping

coolguy1234

I bought a pair of those oxfords from 6ihf the male ones, and I wear them out once and a while covered by jeans. I wanna find male fashion to go with them so I can wear the heels outside of my jeans, any suggestions? Would it look weird to the public if the heels went with the outfit and it was all male clothes, or do most ppl not notice or care

If you are looking for opinions on style, it may help a bit if you provided a picture (or link to a picture) so we know what shoes we are talking about. As far as the "all male" clothing thing, I would say that regardless of what side of the store you pick your clothes from, heels on a guy will look weird to the vast majority of those who will notice. The real question is how many people will notice, and what percentage of those who notice will be rude enough to express their disapproval. Personally, I would say that I dress somewhat conservatively, and I only wear "men's" clothing with my high-heel boots, and yet I occasionally get some nerve racking and scary reactions. Ultimately, you have to decide what you are comfortable with, and then just go out and do it.

Not wierd but different. But's that's exactly what men's high heel fashion is all about. As far as clothing flowy or fitted but not baggy. It's also helps to be small to medium build and not be carrying around much extra weight.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

http://www.orientvisual.com/6inchforever/shoepage.php?querytype=id&searchstring=LX02 these are the oxfords im talking about, mine are black, i have tighter jeans, i wanna wear then inside the ankle of the boots show off the shoe because they look kinda good, at the same time these look like male shoes in some respect I just think ppl would look at notice a tad higher heel and think nothing more minus the noise they make

I've been wearing close to 4 inch, black, slightly shiny, stacked cuban heeled, womens brogues recently. I have worn them with skinny jeans (grey and also bright red). Stripey vintage women's/unisex t shirts and either old fashioned cardigans or loose jersey womens jackets and maybe my old trusted camo army jacket and a cool vintage trucker's cap and a bright or black scarf or snood. I have found that you don't need to hide your heels. Have them on display. It feels great. Most people in public don't notice and those who do haven't said anything bad, but I have had plenty of raised eyebrows. Just be sensible and stick to safe places. I find being with friends and or my girlfriend is good as people leave you alone. Be confident in your taste and look up, not at your feet. And don't fall over!!! : ) If you're not the greatest at walking in heels then wear some higher heels at home and then your lower public heels will be so much easier to cope with. It's pretty tiring after leaving the house for the day and doing normal daytime and night time stuff. Also knowing you can't kick your heels off and walk in your socks makes it quite daunting at times! Last night I was asked if I had a yacht by 2 rich Eastern European girls in a very swanky bar in Notting Hill. I had nothing but compliments from people and some great conversations with total strangers.

Those are very nice heels, congratulations. I would love to have a pair and wish I could bring myself to buy them, but I just couldn't justify spending that much on a pair to myself or my wife. I have a couple of pairs that are somewhat similar looking, but clearly have a more feminine look to them and are more narrow in the toe box, but I do like that style of boot very much.

Benno, you didn't tell us you had a yacht! How big is it, man?

:smile:

Steve (just kiddin')

My nautical look made them comment about the yacht. It must have been the red jeans, striped blue and white long sleeve t shirt and the moustache!!!

What color did you get them in? How are they to wear? One thing I noticed from some of the pictures, it looks like the top of the boot is leaning forward a lot, instead of being parallel with the ground. Are your's like this? The description of the shoes makes it sound like they are designed for a man's foot (larger, wider). Do you find that to be the case? If not, they seem like they might be on the pricey side.

Yes, boots are (or should be) always like that, especially when they're on a high heel. This is because no one's shins are perpendicular to the ground otherwise your centre of gravity will be behind a line from the ankle through the knee to the hip and you will keep falling on your arse.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Neither are particularly wrong or right. One that is right for when the wearer is standing still will be wrong for when they're moving and one which is right when they're moving won't be right for when they're standing still.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...