Thinking fast in your heels

DProud2700

Yesterday, I had to take care of some issue regarding my late mother's estate and had to go to the main courthouse which is under standard security (metal detectos, x-ray machines ect) and had to walk through the metal detector in a pair my Baker Shoe brown boots w/ 4" heels. The dectector beeped (had everything else in the little tray for the x-ray machine) and the security guard asked me to pull up my pants legs. I quickly and very calmly said "bet against my wife on the Oakland Raiders game (she is a very die-hard Raider fan) A slight smirk came across his face and he said "not a very smart thing to do". I replied "this is what I got for losing against her". May have to go back to courthouse on Wed and have already picked out a pair of pull on boots that don't have anything on them.

Why did you feel the need to lie to them about why you're wearing heels? :S Really, there should have been no thought or reaction, they can't deny you access just because of your footwear. Be proud in your heels!

Why did you feel the need to lie to them about why you're wearing heels? :S

Really, there should have been no thought or reaction, they can't deny you access just because of your footwear. Be proud in your heels!

I agree. We need to just not say nothing unless they ask then I would say I wear heels becuase I want to. I don't think they would say anything after that. Until we men start making heels a non issue it will always be an issue.

Firstly, I do admire your quick thinking there. Very sharp. However I do agree with the other guys here.Wearing heels is a pleasure and we should have enough pride to stand tall and accept that others might judge us but for our own passion we're willing to accept it and keep going! You already stepped past the barrier of feeling judged when you took your heels outside, so lying doesn't really make sense. Anyway, that aside, my condolences for the loss of your mother. I hope the issues are sorted swiftly and as pain-free as possible. Take care, Chris

Other quick thinking could have been: "Aren't they nice? I really like them." But best is not to say anything and definitely don't turn red. The best reaction seems to me to behave like you are way ahead in fashion sense. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Most importantly, "be yourself". Ever gone through airport security in heels? I have. I'm sure people found it interesting seeing me pick up and put on my stiletto boots as they were coming out of X-ray. When wearing heels in public a smile goes a long way.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The unfortunate issues with our courthouses in my county in the past is that we have had a embarassing history of laxness (a number of ladies wearing high heel boots with jeans over them as well as gentlemen of the biker persona) have been known to have knives, blades and whatever tucked into the boots and going before a judge to plead "innocent" Mind you I was dealing with a civil matter, but everything in one building. I am not making excuses, but a sign of the times. :)

Hi, When Steve and I do the fundraiser walk I usually stumbled on the question, "How do you walk so well on such high heels," until I just started telling the truth. At the last walk I just started saying, "Well, I've been wearing heels for many years." Much easier and the conversation doesn't feel strained like when I try to get creative. Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

One time a young man tried to bring to everyone's attention in a crowded store that I was wearing high heels. I just calmly told him that they were comfortable and I enjoyed wearing them. Yes, I did get some looks and stares, but that can possibly be expected when you wear high heels in public. But if you are happy and satisfied with your response under the circumstances in that situation, that's what matters.

One night, at about midnight, I was driving home in my little bright red 1980s Honda CRX, sports car. It broke down on one of the busiest street in Brighton, right outside Burger King. I was there for about an hour and also managed to lock my keys in the car! The city was full to bursting. I got so much abuse from boy racers. I brought grid lock to the whole area, as my car was stuck in the middle of the street at a main bus stop. I was wearing very normal male clothes and trainers, yet I felt that the whole world was looking at me. Honestly, I've felt more comfortable in situations wearing heels and interesting clothes than I did on that night. When I wear heels, it's been my choice. Breaking down was not my choice. There are parallels here. I had done nothing wrong (my car broke or wearing heels). Yet people had a good stare at my situation. Are we too fixated on our choice of shoes and clothes? There's so many opportunities to make a scene in life. Shoes are just a little part of it all. As long as you have not committed a crime and live in a 'free' country, you should become a little more thick skinned and move on.

You handled the situation very well, Roni and your reasoning is very true. I wonder how many of the people watching you that were male secretly admired you and were in fact jealous and would have liked to be in heels themselves. E

You handled the situation very well, Roni and your reasoning is very true. I wonder how many of the people watching you that were male secretly admired you and were in fact jealous and would have liked to be in heels themselves.

E

Probably lots. ...When guys take an interest in girls heels and ask "how can you wear those?" I wonder if they really mean "I'd love to wear those"

Most importantly, "be yourself". Ever gone through airport security in heels? I have. I'm sure people found it interesting seeing me pick up and put on my stiletto boots as they were coming out of X-ray. When wearing heels in public a smile goes a long way.

Airport security is a fun situation. The security crew don't react to the boots on the conveyor until you pick them up and put them on of course.