Good safe places to heel

brake blocks

Hello Guys,

Where do you find your safe area to wear your heels out & about.

Today after my IT course, I took the car over to my wife's place of work ( Trafford Park) Manchester, so i could get some exercise walking home. I had decided to take a pair of heels out for a walk, also we had walked the route i took home about 2 weeks earlyer, so i knew what the paths were going to be like. these are the heels i chosepost-18537-133522941315_thumb.jpg.

They are a Barratts shoe uk size 8, the name in side them is KV8, these are in blue, I bought them from a charity shop about 2 months ago price £2.00. They had plastic heel tips that sounded like metal, but i changed them to metal, they sound great click, clacking out there.

My walk took me along the canal towpath, a mix of grass and stone, some parts the old cobble stones, post-18537-133522941341_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]12628[/ATTACH

The walk took around 45 minuets and around 1.5 miles, only saw 1 runner & 3 canal boats, the last canal boat had 5 females, aged around 55-60.

Thats my sort of walk in heels these days.

post-18537-133522941364_thumb.jpg

I find parks are quite good, especially if there are mainly visitors to the region as compared to locals who you may recognize you. Likewise a town where you are not known, and preferably with lots of people around compared to with lots of one on one approaches. Wet weather is quoted than fine sunny days so choice of footwear is important. I have a pair of hiking heels, which have a plastic heel, I have worn out one set of heels already and have replaced the tips. Takes about 100 kilometers to wear them out. Have fun and enjoy your walks, it is than just around the house, as you get to learn to walk properly, and your calf muscles strengthen so no pain after a even a long walk. I usually walk about 4 -5 kilometers 2 or 3 times a week

Blacksheep

If the key word here is "safe," then I would say in any area where there are numerous people around. Most likely in an area like that, people won't try to harass or harm you and in many cases, people might not even notice you're wearing high heels. But above all, go to places where you feel safe and comfortable. as I have said in many posts, this is a fun experience, not a pressure situation.

Safe heeling places are paradigms. Intuition tells you that a walk in a sparsely populated area at night would be the safest but the reality is that busy areas in daylight are the best places.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

In heels? Some place that won't scratch and cut the heel or the shoes themselves as you walk along at the mentioned locations. Also, be aware of the surfaces you'll incounter. The smooth surfaces and crevices in some areas may cause the heel to slip or break and you'll attract a lot of focused attention. When you are confident and comfortable in the heels you chose to wear, you will be less concerned about other perceptions as you stroll by.

Safest place,your house.But most comfortable place in public to heel at Id agree with a few guys here.Places with people around,and try going with friends if your friends know about your heeling.Makes it a lot easier,especially trying to go about as if nothing is wrong.All I can say is good luck with your outings,just keep going out,it'll get easier with time :smile:

I d recommend going to an area you are very familiar with. I started off by going to a quiet area at about 1130pm. I wore wedges and went out with my partner. I progressed to longer walks by myself(often with the dog!) . This has definitely helped build my confidence to go out in heels:smile:

Safe heeling places are paradigms. Intuition tells you that a walk in a sparsely populated area at night would be the safest but the reality is that busy areas in daylight are the best places.

You beat me to it Doc, I totally agree whilst the busy area may get your more comments, stares I believe there's more chance of someone assisting you should you come across a nasty vocal individual. If there's just you and them in an isolated area I believe the risk of a dangerous outcome increases. Very unlikely anything other than verbals will happen anywhere you are but I would rather play the percentage game and be around several people should it happen.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Thank you all for your opinions, and they are welcome. I do some times go to the local park for a walk, or a small local town wearing heels and no one has ever said a word even when the plastic heel tips have well and truley worn down and all thats left is the little heel pin, dont get me wrong, i like heels and wearing them, some times i might be adventurous and wear heels from home and go for a 2 - 3 mile walk, other times just stay at home and wear heels for 61/2 hours aday. But i thought i would find out what others thought!:smile: Also as i have a injury to my shoulder and have been off work, thats why i do not like to be seen in a busy area!

I agree with others, its a strange phenomenon but you actually get less attention in crowded places. I've had great experiences heeling at events like concerts and going to busy shopping areas, etc. It can be very intimidating, but the biggest obstacle to overcome is your own anxiety. I remember so many times, it took a huge build up just to get out of my car but once I did it I felt so free. It also helps to go to a nearby suburb or town where you are less likely to run into anyone you know. Good luck and have fun.

My idea of a safe place is a very public place in broad daylight where you're surrounded by people, say like a busy downtown area, a crowded shopping mall or a quiet suburban setting. You'll find that the more people you're around, the LESS the chance of your footwear drawing much if anything in way of serious notice. I've said this more times than I can recall, but ninety-nine percent of passersby you encounter while on your outings are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to worry or care about a guy wandering about in high heels, sure, you might get an odd look, a double take or, in a rare instance, a jeer, chuckle or insult here and there, but that's small potatoes. While going out at night to some secluded location would drastically lessen the chance of encountering ANY people, that would also increase the possibility of running into some lowlife or lowlives with bad intentions in mind. Wearing heels outside at night is NOT worth that sort of risk. If you're bold enough and confident enough, wear your heels in the daytime. Trust me, the sheer thrill is it's own reward.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with Doc Shoe and others, busy places and with many people, I feel with so many folks around its like a distraction and you go unnoticed. I just had a week of awesome heeling in Northern Italy in a great pair of knee high boots and a 3"+ heel. The places I visited had many people and few who spoke English and even less noticed. Mind you with all those good looking Italian women in heels, I felt invisible. Mtnsofheels

My strategy is thus: First, go with some friends. I have friends and associates who are familiar with my heel habit, and aren't bothered by it. You're always a bit safer if you have your posse with you. If you're part of a group, it's my experience that ill intentioned people are going to leave you alone. Secondly, as everyone else has stated, go to public places. Busy restaurants, shopping malls, public events, etc. You will not be bothered for the most part. There will always be those who leer, stare, and look like they disapprove. But in a crowd, they'll keep their mouths shut and leave you alone. I've had to put up with that and any fashion forward man or woman needs to get used to it. But then plenty of women and a few men have complimented me as well. So plan an evening and get out there...