Walk a mile in her shoes.

ilikekicks

Crack on and have a great time, take your time, I believe it's no race and no need to go hide in the bushes this day Be proud of what you are and for the charity Go strut your stuff boy and prove we can! I just wish we had similar events in the uk. Al

I love walking in these events. Not only is it a worthwhile charity, but it's also a great opportunity to wear some fantastic heels in public, not only during the walk but also during the weeks leading up to it. I spent three weeks "practising" by walking around my neighborhood in 4 inch gold stillettos. when asked why I was wearing women's shoes I had the perfect excuse!

the wife and i will be participating in our local event on the 7th of may.:smile:

anyone else gonna hit this one up?

Saginaw, MI, USA - Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® EventWhenSat, May 7, 1pm – 4pm

Where2555 Wieneke - Saginaw, MI 48603

hope this is'nt hijacking this thread?

We did our first walk and it was great - turns out that we could have done 2 miles. Watching all the guys stumble around was quite funny, even the wife stumbled once, haha. The only thing that bothered us is that there was not a very good turn out we thought that there should have been more advertisement. Turn out was only about 60 - 70 people. But we did it and it was FUN! :smile:

There is a Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event that is coming up in Columbus, Ohio, on Saturday, June 18, to be held at the Mall at Tuttle Crossing on the NW side of Columbus, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. For a modest fee/donation, you get to "rent" a pair of 4" stilettos (or you can bring your own, I presume) and walk with other guys and gals similarly attired for a mile around the mall. It's for a good cause and should be a lot of fun. I plan to participate and I invite all of the HH Place members who can do it to participate with me. Go to

www.walkamileinhershoes.org

for info on the organization that sponsors these events, and sign up for the one in Columbus, or if that's not possible, sign up for another walking event closer to you.

Post here if you plan to participate in the Columbus walk, and PM me so we can arrange to meet before or afterwards for a drink or meal. It will be a fun event, you can wear heels publically and with your new T-shirt that says Put Yourself in Her Shoes you don't need to explain to people why you're wearing heels.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have nothing to do with this organization. I will just be a partcipant.

See ya there!

Steve

I checked out the Columbus event. Registration fee is $50.00. I would like to walk in this event but that's a bit more than I can afford. I have walked at the Univerisity Of Cincinati and at Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio. I am considering looking for someone to sponser me on for this.

It shouldn't be too hard to find four friends/relatives to offer $10 each, to match your $10. That's $50 and it's for a good cause. Hope you can raise the cash.

Not to hijack this thread, but I notice that the shoes they rent to the walkers are from www.ledame.com . This is a source I've never heard of before. Maybe it's been mentioned on this forum, but I don't recall ever visiting their web site. They sell large size women's shoes, and make no pretense to hide that their customers are mostly male, hence the name Le Dame - "dame" is feminine and "le" is masculine (get it?). Their shoes are quite feminine but sold in US men's sizes and they claim they are made on a men's last for a perfect fit.

Their prices are fairly high at $90-120 for shoes made from synthetic materials, but if they really fit men better, I guess it's a fair price.

The official pump is "Sharon" in black or silver or "Natalie" in red. They are 4" stilettos.

Has anyone else bought a pair of these or worn them at a Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event? Are they good quality? Did they fit? Were they a good value?

I'm planning to order a pair of my own to wear. I'm not eager to wear shoes that others have worn (or worn out) and I'd like to train in my own pair to break them in for the event. I'm concerned that if they're in a men's D width, they will be too wide for me. I have a narrow foot and wear a B or C width.

Does anybody here have any experience or comments?

Steve

The Shoes they had in Buffalo were by Elle/Ellie. They were the SAME exact ones that can be bought on E-bay for 30ish ( or less ) USD. They werent very good quality at all. I had a pair of vintage 80's ' Rush Hour ' pumps in Red that I wore. The downside was.. they were in like new condition and my feet were a bit tender when I was done walking. I was with a group of 8 people and it wasnt a ' race ' by any means.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

The 2 events I've walked in offered loaner shoes. I brought my own and I'm glad I did. The ones they had were all in pretty bad shape and I don't like the idea of wearing someone elses shoes. None of them were red (which is the prefered color for these events) heel heights ranged from flats to 1 1/2-2 inches. I wore 4 inch gold pumps for my first walk and 5 inch black pumps for the second. Whatever you wear, Get out and practice walking on pavement a few times before the walk. It's so much different than walking around the house on carpet! I sure got some looks from the neighbors in those gold pumps walkiing the streets with my wife (she was in tennis shoes).

Hi there here in South Africa we have the Yearly Sisters with Blisters( Abuse against woman and Children) I did walk the 4km in stillettos with much comfort. Had a toe that was bleeding but it was fun not many men though. I believe they colected something like over $40.000 . Check my blog, and gallery. By the way the Heels I was wearing was donated to me by Plum.com.es I am going to walk again in November. Just wish I can get some SA Heelers to walk with me. Enjoy the walk all of you. Jay Jay

The 2 events I've walked in offered loaner shoes. I brought my own and I'm glad I did. The ones they had were all in pretty bad shape and I don't like the idea of wearing someone elses shoes. None of them were red (which is the prefered color for these events) heel heights ranged from flats to 1 1/2-2 inches. I wore 4 inch gold pumps for my first walk and 5 inch black pumps for the second.

Whatever you wear, Get out and practice walking on pavement a few times before the walk. It's so much different than walking around the house on carpet! I sure got some looks from the neighbors in those gold pumps walkiing the streets with my wife (she was in tennis shoes).

The shoe selection at the Cincinnati event looked like they collected some heels from the college girls, and maybe some from the thrift shops etc.

I'm glad I decided to bring my own even though I went completely overboard in sky high mirrored fuchsia stripper/dancer heels. I didn't have much practice time in, but did the mile with no real problems. The variety of hills and surfaces did present some unique challenges.

I've never been to the particular mall where the Columbus June 18 event will be, but I don't expect it to be hilly at all. I have no idea whether we'll be walking around outside or inside. I know how different it can be walking around inside on a carpet versus outside on pavement, and I plan to devote adequate time to practicing in public. A friend of mine on here commented to me that he doesn't want to participate in these events because they focus on making guys looking foolish in public, reinforcing stereotypes that guys don't belong in heels, clomping around in ill-fitting shoes, and never having practiced before. I take a different point of view. My goal is to look good in heels - not sloppy like just a guy in heels - but in an outfit that the heels compliment and go with - and walk gracefully to show that guys CAN do this with poise. I expect to get compliments rather than ridicule. We'll see... Steve

I've never been to the particular mall where the Columbus June 18 event will be, but I don't expect it to be hilly at all. I have no idea whether we'll be walking around outside or inside. I know how different it can be walking around inside on a carpet versus outside on pavement, and I plan to devote adequate time to practicing in public.

A friend of mine on here commented to me that he doesn't want to participate in these events because they focus on making guys looking foolish in public, reinforcing stereotypes that guys don't belong in heels, clomping around in ill-fitting shoes, and never having practiced before. I take a different point of view. My goal is to look good in heels - not sloppy like just a guy in heels - but in an outfit that the heels compliment and go with - and walk gracefully to show that guys CAN do this with poise. I expect to get compliments rather than ridicule. We'll see...

Steve

I haven't looked at the Columbus event, but I have to assume it's at the Polaris Mall. Two levels, and plenty big. = = NOT CARPETED = = = and fully waxed, so you might want to take this into consideration. If by chance it's outside, there are some small slopes, but nothing serious.

I doubt there will be too much mockery going on. Seems like an accepting location as I do go shopping there by myself in womens calf high boots with apx 3" stacked heels - under the pants though, but they are still plenty loud enough to be noticeable.

Here is the registration info for the Columbus, Ohio walk:

Gracehaven’s Signature Event:

Walk A Mile In Her Shoes

A Walk to Benefit Gracehaven House:

A Safe Home of Hope and Healing to Victims of

Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking

www.gracehavenhouse.org | info@gracehavenhouse.org

PO Box 541, Dublin, OH 43017

ENTRY FORM

Walk A Mile In Her Shoes 2011

Saturday, June 18, 2011/6:30 PM

Our third annual walk will feature men (and women) walking one mile in high heels to raise awareness around the issue of human trafficking, and to support Gracehaven, a safe shelter of hope and healing. Both men and women are encouraged to participate. An after-party with food and fun immediately following the walk. All proceeds of walk and after-party to benefit Gracehaven. Event Details: June 18, 2011 6:30 pm. The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, 5043 Tuttle Crossing Blvd. Dublin, Ohio 43016. More information at our website: www.gracehavenhouse.org.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

To be guaranteed a t-shirt, entry form must be postmarked by June 1, 2011.

Return To: Gracehaven House Attn: WAM 2011 PO Box 541 Dublin, OH 43017

__________________________________________________________________ [ ] Male [ ] Female

Name: First Last

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Email address

Street City State Zip

Phone number

T-shirt Size: [ ] S [ ] M [ ] L [ ] XL Men’s Shoe Size: __________

(Women, please bring your own pair of high heels. Men, you can provide your own or indicate your size above)

INDIVIDUAL ENTRY FEES:

$50 - Adult (t-shirt included if postmarked by June 1, 2010)

$25 - Student (t-shirt included if postmarked by June 1, 2010)

$50 - Day-of Registration (t-shirts provided while supplies last)

TO CELEBRATE FATHER’S DAY:

$55 - Father/Child Registration - $10 per additional child (t-shirt included if postmarked by June 1, 2011)

TEAM ENTRY FEES:

$175 - Team of five adults (t-shirts included if postmarked by June 1, 2011)

Each additional adult can be added for $35 per adult

$100 – Team of five students (t-shirts included if postmarked by June 1, 2011)

Each additional student can be added for $20 per student

[ ] I am including a check for $ __________

Liability and Terms: In consideration of the foregoing, I, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against any of the sponsors, organizers, Xenos Christian Fellowship, Gracehaven, their employees, contractors, volunteers for any and all claims of damages, demands or loss actions whatsoever which may arise as a result of my participation in Walk A Mile 2011 event and festival. I attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the completion of this event and I will not enter unless I am medically able to do so. I also understand the unique nature of this event and participate at my own risk. I understand a first aid station will be on site. I consent to the use of my image in photos, video and audio recording, and film, of my participation in all Walk A Mile events.

Signature:_____________________________________________________ Date: __________________________

Emergency Contact: _____________________________________________ Phone Number: __________________

Sponsorship Opportunities

3rd Annual Walk A Mile In Her Shoes

Benefiting Gracehaven, a place of hope

for underage victims of sexual exploitation

Saturday June 18, 2011

Presenting Sponsor - $2,500 donation

v Company name incorporated into race name and logo (“XYZ” presents the 3rd annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes).

v Company name and logo appear everywhere that the walk logo appears. Including but not limited to: on all event signage, on event flyers and posters distributed throughout the city, on event t-shirt given to each registrant, on email to Gracehaven’s distribution list of over 900 people and on the Gracehaven website.

v Prominent representation in media campaign

v First right of acceptance for this premier level of sponsorship for next year’s race.

v 10 registrations with t-shirt.

v Opportunity to include promotional item in gift bag for walkers.

Gold Sponsor - $1,000 donation

v Prominent logo recognition: Including but not limited to, on event t-shirt given to each registrant, on event signage, on Gracehaven website and Facebook

v Representation in media campaign wherever possible.

v 8 registrations (male or female) with t-shirt.

Silver Sponsor - $500 donation

v Logo recognition:Including but not limited to, Gracehaven website and Facebook

v 5 registrations (male or) female with t-shirt.

*All donations are tax deductible, to the extent permitted by law.

Gracehaven House Inc. PO Box 541 Dublin, OH 43017 http://gracehavenhouse.org

Sponsorship Reply Form

3rd Annual Walk A Mile In Her Shoes

Response requested by May 1, 2011

Contact Name: ____________________________________________________________________

Company Name: ___________________________________________________________________

Address: _________________________________________________________________________

City: _____________________________ State: _______ Zip: ______________________________

Contact Phone: _________________________ Fax: ______________________________________

Contact Email: _____________________________________________________________________

Sponsorship Level:

___ Presenting Sponsor ($2500)

___ Gold Sponsor ($1000)

___ Silver Sponsor ($500)

___ In kind donation. Please describe:_____________________________________

Valued at: $_________

___ I/We will mail a check payable to: Gracehaven

Mail to: Gracehaven

P.O. Box 541

Dublin, Ohio 43017

Return this form by email to carlajdcannon@yahoo.com or by mail to the address above.

Please email company logo in EPS and JPEG format to carlajdcannon@yahoo.com

Gracehaven House Inc. PO Box 541 Dublin, OH 43017 http://gracehavenhouse.org

Questions? Contact Carla Cannon at the email above or 614-226-6864.

Individual Pledge Form

Name

Phone

Pledge Amount

Dear Friends and Family,

Would you pay to see <enter name> walk a mile in those heels? We hope so. We will be walking on Saturday, June 18th to raise money for Gracehaven House and to raise awareness of the Human Trafficking issue.

Human Trafficking is defined by the Trafficking Victims Protection Act passed by Congress as:

(a) sex trafficking in which a commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such act has not attained 18 years of age; or

(:smile: the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery.

The average age of a prostitute in the United States is 12 years old. It is estimated that over 300,000 youth in America are at risk for sexual exploitation each year; at least 100,000 that are being sexually exploited each year. There are only 39 beds (3 shelters) capable of housing victims of domestic minor sex trafficking in America.

These statistics are hard to swallow. Human Trafficking is becoming a growing problem in our world today and many are wondering what can be done. Well, let me tell you what can be done!

In order to raise awareness on this issue, we are putting on Walk A Mile In Her Shoes on June 18th, with all our proceeds going to a Gracehaven. Gracehaven is a local safe-house for girls who have been victims of sexual exploitation. Gracehaven, a place of hope and healing, is opening a shelter in Columbus this July that will add an additional 10 beds to the 39 currently available and will be the only shelter in the Midwest.

Sincerely,

Your Name Here

Walk A Mile In Her Shoes / Saturday, June 18, 2011/The Mall at Tuttle Crossing/6:30 PM

Definitely a worthy cause. That's one mall I always manage to get too just about closing time, so I rarely get over there when I run through Columbus. Store directory looks big. Has an Aldo's and Bakers for all you shoe shoppers.

Heelster and others, PM me if you think you can attend the event with me. I'd love well dressed company that can walk gracefully in heels to show the world that heels are fine for guys - nothing to laugh it. Steve

Walk a mile in her shoes. Heelster. The walk is being weld at the Tuttle Mall on Columbus west side. Steve63103. Wetwillie sent the below info. to me (about the walkathon) some months ago. I signed up for the walk a few days later. Have conformation and everything. I will be wearing my own high heels. I also feel that this is not a foreum for humor. This event is held to benefit women in need. Lets hope its a good day for a walk. Mike

• 1 month later...

Walk a mile in her shoes.

Heelster. The walk is being weld at the Tuttle Mall on Columbus west side.

Steve63103. Wetwillie sent the below info. to me (about the walkathon) some months ago. I signed up for the walk a few days later. Have conformation and everything. I will be wearing my own high heels. I also feel that this is not a foreum for humor. This event is held to benefit women in need. Lets hope its a good day for a walk.

Mike

I am more than well aware of the causes supported by these events. My humor may be mis-interpreted, but one can have fun while supporting any worthy cause.

Wetwille - - glad to see you can make it. I'll be way south by then, and will not be able to attend. If it were Sunday, I might have been able too.

• 2 months later...