How far would you go?

maninpumps

If the heels are "the ones" you want to wear, the action you initiate to procure them and the cost become mere formalities, as long as you don't neglect your responsibilities and obligations. If you are proned to making impulsive decisions when it comes to buying heels, then you had better have a special fund to budget for such choices. Just keep these things in perspective an you will know how far to go.

OMG, I would be willing to spend about $600-$700 for a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes!!! Gorgeous and sexy. I only have two pairs, that's it and I only wear them for a short time going out to high profile dinner parties or work training seminars. I don't go shopping in them or clubbing. Things can get a little too messy for these pair of heels to handle!!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

I do a paysite for that LOL. And if anybody thinks it is peanuts, it is not. I do not like beeing photographed or anything like that, even if I love wearing my heels and co or making my ideas real. there is also alot of other stuff which makes it difficult; there are alot of people who try to make one feel like prostitute even if it is IMO a fair deal one offers which would not be even possible to realize on free basis. I had to make my experience with stalkers though I am not aware of anything I would have done wrong to encourage behaviour like that on their side; I see my face more public than I do like it; I do not force anybody to join but obviously some think I do because they think the pictures attractive. The last was really hard to understand or to accept, but there are things like that. Sometimes it is also where one would think it is not worth having no time for any other hobbies any more, but then you can afford a pair of WONDERFUL high heels more and you think OH MY GOD - it is not only about heels, it is also about feeling appreciated of what you do in that moment :). and also, it is a difference either you buy one pair of designer heels twice a year which is still quite reasonable in my opinion if you have your own income or you can do it once in two month what a paysite enables.

I spent a a big deal on some pairs of my collection -just 105 today-. I would would willingly do it again for a couple of boots I'm after if they reappear. One of them has appeared, but the site were I've seen them doesn't ship abroad... so: I'm waiting. My only concern is my partner's reaction on the price. Maybe I'll ask her to bring them from Miami in her next trip.

I dropped almost $400.00 on that pair of boots in my avatar, and at the time I thought I'd gone out of my skull.....Then I got them and wore them out, and felt vindicated.. I don't think I could justify spending more than that...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I absolutely refuse to pay huge amounts of money for high heels.....after all, they're just shoes. It seems that modern society has lost all sight of what is truly valuable and what is not.

Plenty of people happily pay $800 for a pair of high heels....and yet many of them would scream at being asked to pay $300 for Dental treatment.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

there ARE people who have so much money that buying a 1000-euro shoe doesn´t mean for them more than a 50-euro heel for us normal people. Also for the most living in western europe /USA/ Canada a quality shoe under 200 Euro is still affordable. But there are much more people all around the world who never will be able to spend neither 50 nor 200 and not even 10 euro for such a *unnecessary luxury object* like a high heel is because they need that money more urgent to pay for their daily living- if they even earn that much... So it is of course about ones possibilities and prices are not really comparable and how much your shoes cost does not tell nothing about how much you love high heels... also it is everybody´s own decision what is worth more for them (heels or teeth lol). I do not think we should have bad conscience if we can afford more but enjoy and appreciate it then and may be also be aware we just do have more luck here than some others do...

there ARE people who have so much money that buying a 1000-euro shoe doesn´t mean for them more than a 50-euro heel for us normal people.

Also for the most living in western europe /USA/ Canada a quality shoe under 200 Euro is still affordable. But there are much more people all around the world who never will be able to spend neither 50 nor 200 and not even 10 euro for such a *unnecessary luxury object* like a high heel is because they need that money more urgent to pay for their daily living- if they even earn that much...

So it is of course about ones possibilities and prices are not really comparable and how much your shoes cost does not tell nothing about how much you love high heels... also it is everybody´s own decision what is worth more for them (heels or teeth lol). I do not think we should have bad conscience if we can afford more but enjoy and appreciate it then and may be also be aware we just do have more luck here than some others do...

^ I agree 'Pata'....and the words 'appreciate it' are most important I would say.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I'm definitely not one of those girls that spend an obscene amount of money on shoes. Just when I do have more than enough money saved, I wouldn't mind buying a pair or two on some really nice designer shoes. Most of my shoes cost under $100 or significantly less than that. I really don't have a lot compared to other women that I know. My friend has more than 40 pairs of shoes!!!! I don't even have half that, lol. I tend to borrow her shoes instead, hehe. Don't want to let them go to waste. She agrees.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

All, Usually I do not spend too much on hh, but like good quality, leather, etc.... Highest was about $150. While shopping for the boots at that price, the correct size was unavailable, so I asked at the store which other outlet has the right size, color, etc...it was across town, so I drove over. That being about 40 miles... Regards, MHH

Hi great question, if money was no issue and i knew the know how i would make my own perfect high heel shoes, boots or sandles, perfect in every detail and a heel to die for......

I'm definitely not one of those girls that spend an obscene amount of money on shoes. Just when I do have more than enough money saved, I wouldn't mind buying a pair or two on some really nice designer shoes. Most of my shoes cost under $100 or significantly less than that. I really don't have a lot compared to other women that I know. My friend has more than 40 pairs of shoes!!!! I don't even have half that, lol. I tend to borrow her shoes instead, hehe. Don't want to let them go to waste. She agrees.

To me, Louboutin's Clichy are about the most perfect high heels ever designed. I've "lusted" after a pair of for a couple of years, now. But, there are two reasons I've not bought a pair. While both reasons are based on "practically," one reason is really more practical than the other.

I believe it would be absolutely insane for me, a man, to spend that much money for a pair of woman's shoes for myself that I probably wouldn't wear that much; and, when my wife discovered how much money I'd spent on a pair of high heels, I'd be "toast" -- Not to mention that the price range of her footwear would increase "astronomically" after she discovered I'd bought them.:wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Especially if your shoes are better and way more expensive than hers, I can imagine. I know if I had a guy that wore high heels and he had all these great shoes that I aboslutely adore, I would get a little jealous.

Especially if your shoes are better and way more expensive than hers, I can imagine. I know if I had a guy that wore high heels and he had all these great shoes that I aboslutely adore, I would get a little jealous.

Three things about what you say come to mind. 1) getting even. 2) catching up. 3) realizing that you had good taste in men as well as shoes. :):clap::wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Unfortunately, Bubba, I missed the Clichys but I managed to get hold of a pair of Pigalle 120 and Decolette 868. I agree with you that Clichys are The Perfect Pump. I also agree that price appeals for been roasted, toasted and burnt alive! Happily my wife wouldn't spend so much money in shoes and, if she does, it's usually me buying for her. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be burnt, we just agreed we wouldn't discuss the price of shoes. Any way... it's a good reason for a clever man!

The most expecive pair of shoes I own are my 4" cowboy boots from Western Ranch at about $350 USD. I bought them before I was married and as much as I love them can't justify spending that much any time soon, but I'd let my wife in a heartbeat!