have you?

dodo

There are just so many things that you can do to give a woman the idea that you're a little weird. Especially if you don't even know her...... and that one is very close to the top of the list.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

In a shop a comment "they look good" can work very well and get good returns such as "but they are so high". My departing reply was "don't we all have to practice" Blind asking to someone unknown - NO WAY! Al

Sometimes shopping I have told a few women "I think you would look great in this or that style" . They usually enjoy the attention they get. I have only had one woman to think it was strange.

Were you wearing heels at the time?

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I have often complimented women on their shoes, even stopping my car in order to do so, and always they have accepted the compliment because they have been special shoes. I have complimented ladies trying shoes on in shops but to ask a woman to wear heels when she isn't is a little too creepy...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I always ask my hair dresser to wear heels for me, sometimes she does other times not. She takes it all in stride because we have had a good dialogue over the years of what we like or dislike in fashion, relationships etc., fortunatley she is OK with whatever makes a person happy. Bottom line is you have to know where the line is with any request or compliment. If asking a total stranger it may be crossing over the lines of being appropriate, unless you are really smooth tongued about it~

I have often complimented women on their shoes, even stopping my car in order to do so, and always they have accepted the compliment because they have been special shoes. I have complimented ladies trying shoes on in shops but to ask a woman to wear heels when she isn't is a little too creepy...

I too have complemented women on the high heels they are wearing. But I don't think I would ever ask a woman to wear high heels.

Were you wearing heels at the time?

Yes I was in heels and open toe at that. Most of the time on planned shoe shopping days I do wear heels. I get good feedback from most of the women. Most men that see me in them never say a word.:)

When I was younger, I asked former girlfriend of mine if she would start wearing heels and she said we'll see. I was as persistent as she was evasive so it did not turn out well. In the end we split up and I realised that if you decide to go out with a girl who generally does not wear heels and the only pair of heels she owns is from an old bridesmaids outfit, there's a pretty strong chance that she will be a "no go" on the heels front. So to compensate, I just turned to wearing my own heels which in actual fact is probably what I wanted in the first place. After a bit of self reflection, I came to the realisation that I was just trying to live out my heel passion vicariously through her. My wife is not a big heel wearer either, but it doesn't bother me as I still fulfill my heel desires by wearing them myself and it takes the pressure off her and the relationship.

-- I realized that if you decide to go out with a girl who generally does not wear heels and the only pair of heels she owns is from an old bridesmaids outfit, there's a pretty strong chance that she will be a "no go" on the heels front.

So to compensate, I just turned to wearing my own heels which in actual fact is probably what I wanted in the first place. After a bit of self reflection, I came to the realization that I was just trying to live out my heel passion vicariously through her.

My wife is not a big heel wearer either, but it doesn't bother me as I still fulfill my heel desires by wearing them myself and it takes the pressure off her and the relationship.

There's a lot of wisdom in this post. I've never understood why wearing high heels or not wearing high heels was a "big" point in determining suitability when choosing a woman as a mate (supposedly) for life?

Isn't personality, appearance, compatibility, intelligence, and self-reliance, amongst several other character traits, far more important?

In my opinion, a far much larger character trait that should be used by any male wearing high heels is "how will she react when she learns that the man she has chosen as her mate wears high heels? That is really the question. It's so important to know the answer to this before becoming married.....especially if their are children involved and she packs up and leaves because she can't handle seeing her man in heels and the deception he perpetrated upon her by not revealing this aspect of his personality and character prior to their getting married.

Every man that participates in some form of -- what is characterized in current society as "antisocial behavior" owes it to their prospective mate to reveal any "character flaws" before marriage in order to give the woman the opportunity to decide if they can handle (live with/are comfortable with) any of these traits in perpetuity. If they don't do this, then they should be prepared to suffer the potential consequences......

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There's a lot of wisdom in this post. I've never understood why wearing high heels or not wearing high heels was a "big" point in determining suitability when choosing a woman as a mate (supposedly) for life?

Isn't personality, appearance, compatibility, intelligence, and self-reliance, amongst several other character traits, far more important?

In my opinion, a far much larger character trait that should be used by any male wearing high heels is "how will she react when she learns that the man she has chosen as her mate wears high heels? That is really the question. It's so important to know the answer to this before becoming married.....especially if their are children involved and she packs up and leaves because she can't handle seeing her man in heels and the deception he perpetrated upon her by not revealing this aspect of his personality and character prior to their getting married.

Every man that participates in some form of -- what is characterized in current society as "antisocial behavior" owes it to their prospective mate to reveal any "character flaws" before marriage in order to give the woman the opportunity to decide if they can handle (live with/are comfortable with) any of these traits in perpetuity. If they don't do this, then they should be prepared to suffer the potential consequences......

Wow! Does this post hit close to home. In this regard, I am a graduate of the school of hard knocks. I always preach at this forum "honesty is the best ploicy." Many years ago I wish I had practiced what I preach now. My ex- knew and saw me wearing (men's) high heeled footwear, but when I started wearing more feminie high heels, she did "try to understand," but eventually freaked, and unfortunately the rest, as they say, is history. We still communicate and are on good terms today, but she'll still ask me if I'm "...still wearing girl's shoes." I just tell her calmly and politely I wear what I want. I am very open and honest with the women I meet now about my wearing high heels. I'm sad to say I haven't met too many that are totally receptive to this fact. And there have been a few who reacted like my ex-. That's why I always say to those men at this site that they are so lucky to have wives, GF's, or SO's that accept them wearing high heels.

I think true love must come into it somewhere, sod the shoes its the lady, the one you want to be with forever. Sort the shoes later, maybe much later.

life is not a rehearsal

I really can't see why anyone would ask a woman that they don't know really well to wear heels.. If you wanna play dress-up with something do it with a doll and not living persons. I can just speak for myself but I'm not in heels to please anyone else, I'm not a mannequin and I'm not just an object in heels. I've got no problem with guys and girls looking at my heels or complimenting on them, quite the opposite actually, but that's really as far as anyone can go with me.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

Well if im ever going out with friends i sort of let them know how they would look in high heels or id give a compliment of others like dont she look good in heels. Tell the wife that she looks sexy in high heels, she doesnt aslways wear them though. Cant say to much or i might give up my true feelings and they will find out

Bubba, while I agree that all of those traits should be primary on one's list, if you have the overwhelming desire to see a woman in heels, if the one you choose doesn't or won't wear them, in the long run, you'll not be happy. While I have been a wearer for as long as I can remember, in recent years, after my wife had to stop wearing heels due to foot and knee problems, I have been much, much more active. I guess my wearing of heels is somewhat of a substitute for seeing her in heels. The shoes I buy for myself are the style that I like to see women wear, and that I used to buy for my wife. And sadly, and I say sadly because I know that I am a sad person for feeling this way, but I do believe that her inability to wear the type of shoes that I like has had a negative impact on my feelings toward her. So some of us, like it or not, do have to consider the wearing, or not wearing, of heels as part of determining the suitability of a potential partner. Maybe not an admirable trait, but one that just can't simply be ignored, either.

I know what you are trying to say, Ron C. But, I still don't think that weather or not she can/cannot/or won't wear heels should make an appreciable difference in the selection, given that every other aspect about her is outstanding. That's just my experience, though.

I believe the thread has gone a bit off topic regarding the question of Dodo. To his question, I'll answer no. I never did, and I don't do this either to my wife because I love her for what she; nothing more, nothing less. A for Bubba's and Boots4me's replies: I totally agree with you. I like to see her in heels -she is almost my height so we should use heels together- and this has nothing to do with my pleasure of using heels myself.