Wellies!?

chris100575

I was in London recently and saw a lot of women wearing wellies. What's going on? Wellies are ideal for standing in water or muck, but surely not for going shopping. I thought Ugg boots were the pits but this is even worse! Apart from anything else, wellies are cold and uncomfortable, and they're certainly not appealing to look at. I'm baffled! On the other hand, I did see several really sexy pairs of boots! :blinkbigeyes:

Lots of folk wearing wellies during the recent snow. Entirely reasonable and sensible. There are wellies with heels in existence, not that I've seen any on the street recently. Still ugly.

Wellies, heeled or flat, certainly don't turn me on. I think that they are down there with Uggs, Crocks, and Flip-flops.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Perhaps some one can correct me if I'm wrong but several years ago wasn't there a member who's interest was limited to Wellington Boots that posted here?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wellies are very odd because typically, you would only wear them when its cold/wet/snowing/muddy outside, yet they never seem to have any insulation inside them, its just that bare cold rubber, at least in all the ones I've seen when out at the local dog park. Even the wife's wellies are the same, just plain rubber, nothing else, and she wonders why her feet are freezing when were out with the dogs on a cold day at the park :blinkbigeyes: What next, thermally insulated, fleece lined open summer sandals? :pulsingheart:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Wellies are very odd because typically, you would only wear them when its cold/wet/snowing/muddy outside, yet they never seem to have any insulation inside them, its just that bare cold rubber, at least in all the ones I've seen when out at the local dog park.

Even the wife's wellies are the same, just plain rubber, nothing else, and she wonders why her feet are freezing when were out with the dogs on a cold day at the park :blinkbigeyes:

What next, thermally insulated, fleece lined open summer sandals? :pulsingheart:

You can get insulated wellies but they're expensive. Your wife needs some sea-boot socks, a pair of those over her normal ones should keep her feet warm.

I can't understand why wellies are fashionable though, hopefully it'll be short lived when they realise that they're uncomfortable and make your feet smell.

Whenever I see the 'traditional' women's or children's black wellies, I am immediately reminded of being at infants school (age 5 - :pulsingheart: in the mid-1950s. We all wore wellies to school on wet days and usually took a clothes peg to keep them together when we changed into plimsolls in the building.

But the more poignant memory was of the kids (probably 15% or more of the total number) who wore wellies almost every day, winter and summer, indoors and out, usually without socks. I couldn't understand why - but mum soon enlightened me. Wellies were very cheap, waterproof (obviously!) and quite hard wearing - so favoured by the poor/large families locally who could not afford a proper pair of shoes for each child. If bought large, wellies would last a couple of years on growing feet. And this, I might add, was in a fairly affluent Thames-side Middlesex suburb, not a deprived inner-city or industrial area. No-one looked on wellies as a fashion item then!

Wellies, you say - you had it easy! In my day, we had to make do with a scrap of oilskin tied round each foot with old string ... :blinkbigeyes:

WWellies, you say - you had it easy! In my day, we had to make do with a scrap of oilskin tied round each foot with old string ... :happy:

And I bet you had to hike 10 miles through drifting snow to get to school everyday, too :blinkbigeyes::pulsingheart:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Indeed so, after a bowl of lukewarm gravel for breakfast and with a 3am start ... :pulsingheart:

You were lucky. I had it tough.:happy: I used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with my tongue. I had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when I got home, my Dad would slice me in two with a bread knife!!:blinkbigeyes:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Hiya There Everyone. Link below (may need to COPY & PASTE) shows nice Variety mix, and guess you could get 1-2 size(s) Larger and buy some heavy duty Boots Socks and/or Insulated from either a local Clothier or Camping Gear store (On-Line too as well) if one near your 'hood.

I remember there was a site (now Closed though) featuring a German Lady and at times lots of her Friends with her and their never endless FootWearDrobe(s) of Rubber Boots, apptly named WWW.RUBBER-BOOTS.DE for those of you who may recall. 8-D

http://www.zappos.com/search/Shoes/filter/hide:productTypeFacet/%22Shoes%22/gender/%22Womens%22/categoryFacet/%22Boots%22/attrFacet_Style/%22Rain+Boot%22/sort/isNew/desc

Boots Rock!!!!

There are in fact a large number of Sites selling 'fashion wellies' - some are below:

www.easy-wellies.co.uk

www.wellieboots.com

www.wellie-boots.com

www.funky-wellingtonboots.co.uk

www.thewellyshop.com

www.welliegogs.com

Then of course there are numerous Suppliers like, for example, Garden Centres, Outdoor Clothiers and Camping Suppliers - (as 'Bootluvr' has mentioned above) - plus well known, established manufacturers like 'Hunter Boots' of North America:

www.hunter-boot.com

You could also do a Search for 'Wellie Boots' at 'LatexWiki' - the online 'Latex Fetish Encyclopaedia' (yes...really):

www.latexwiki.com

There's lots of Rubber Boot fetish websites - www.123rubberboots.com is one, www.fetishrainwear.com is another, www.girlrubberboots.com is a third - - www.hotboots.com - caters for men in rubber boots as well as women.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

You were lucky. I had it tough.:happy: I used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and lick the road clean with my tongue. I had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when I got home, my Dad would slice me in two with a bread knife!!:pulsingheart:

Wow, PIB, you really did have it rough! It's a wonder you managed to get to the age you are at, now! :blinkbigeyes:

You could also do a Search for 'Wellie Boots' at 'LatexWiki' - the online 'Latex Fetish Encyclopaedia' (yes...really):

www.latexwiki.com

There's lots of Rubber Boot fetish websites - www.123rubberboots.com is one, www.fetishrainwear.com is another, www.girlrubberboots.com is a third - - www.hotboots.com - caters for men in rubber boots as well as women.

I suppose I shouldn't even be surprised, there's probably nothing on the planet that isn't a turn-on to someone somewhere, but wellies sexy?! :blinkbigeyes:

theres somthing nice for me about wearing wellingtons, i like wearing them barefoot or with tights or stockings, but i wouldnt wear them to go shopping or anything...wearing them to make some kinf od fashion statement seems little odd to me