Daily Mail heel-wearing advice

euchrid

Some sort of high-heel advice article in the Daily Mail today--

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1243726/They-neednt-flat--Our-guide-to-ideal-heel.html

I have no idea what they are on about really. Their measurement stuff looks pretty hokey to me too.

I like the bit here though:-

"Obviously, most men will not want to wear a 4in-high heel no matter how much they might need one" :blinkbigeyes: How little they know, eh guys!

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Very interesting indeed. I tried it out and got to 6-7 cm which is indeed a height I feel very comfortable with. So now I have podiatric backing..... Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Very interesting reading and I especially liked what she said about men wearing heels, although I can guarrantee that there are a lot of men here that can wear 4" heels, me being one of them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Very interesting reading and I especially liked what she said about men wearing heels, although I can guarrantee that there are a lot of men here that can wear 4" heels, me being one of them.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Ditto, I'm amazed nobody hear has bother to post a comment on that article.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I did the test and my ideal height is 3", which is exactly the height I feel most comfortable in. I thought that might be more than coincidence. My wife's heel height was 2.5", but she rarely wears shoes more than 1.5 to 2 inches in heel height. Anyway, I provided a lengthy but positive comment on the article and mentioned High Heel Place (without the link, as it's not permitted to do so); let's see if they review it and publish my comments. Steve

Ditto, I'm amazed nobody hear has bother to post a comment on that article.

...Anyway, I provided a lengthy but positive comment on the article and mentioned High Heel Place (without the link, as it's not permitted to do so); let's see if they review it and publish my comments.

There are, surprisingly, no comments yet shown. It seems that, although the article was only published in the paper on Sunday, any comments submitted are being ignored. I tried to post one last night and it was acknowledged but nothing further has happened.

All in all, I thought the podiastrist's views were sensible and realistic - and probably in line with what most of us have known and believed for years. If the shoe is comfortable - wear it! And a man with flat feet is in a good bargaining position, it seems.

Perhaps the publication has a blog to which people can post their comments. Comments are more likely to appear more quickly on the blog than in the printed material, aren't they?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Perhaps the publication has a blog to which people can post their comments. Comments are more likely to appear more quickly on the blog than in the printed material, aren't they?

There is a range of 'debate' blogs but neither Health nor Femail area has nothing current in it that I can see relevant to the article (or otherwise to high heels etc). There are some historic heel-related blogs in Femail/Fashion but nothing too exciting.

Usually, comments directly attached to a Daily Mail online article appear within a very short time (allowing for vetting), often within minutes. Some articles do not allow comments to be added ('for legal reasons') but this is not one of them, yet no comments have been attached. Strange, that!

There is a range of 'debate' blogs but neither Health nor Femail area has nothing current in it that I can see relevant to the article (or otherwise to high heels etc). There are some historic heel-related blogs in Femail/Fashion but nothing too exciting.

Usually, comments directly attached to a Daily Mail online article appear within a very short time (allowing for vetting), often within minutes. Some articles do not allow comments to be added ('for legal reasons') but this is not one of them, yet no comments have been attached. Strange, that!

Kinda strange, isn't it?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Maybe the comments are not published as they wouldn't want to sway the thinking instilled into thier readers minds by the original article.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I very much doubt it; although the site is moderated, it often publishes comments that attack articles, contributors and other comments - quite a free-for-all at times! I now see a note saying 'We are no longer accepting comments on this article', to which should really have been added ' ... and have ignored those already submitted.

Another recent Daily Mail article (with a range of comments) suggests that low kitten heels are on the way in: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1244015/LIZ-JONES-FASHION-THERAPY-Meeow-Kitten-heels-prowl-just-catwalk.html

For those who do not know her, Liz Jones is a fashion journalist with some weird ideas and a mixed-up private life who comes in for a lot of flak. IMHO she hasn't much of a clue about anything - and I hope she is wrong this time too.