Encouraging statements from women

loveheel

Got some real encouragement from a women while trying on a pair of nice Via Spiga boots in San Francisco last week. She was trying on a lower pair next to me and ask me for advice on how they looked on her. We had a good chat. She commented on how great the Via Spiga boots looked on me and how she never could walk in those high (4.5 inch) heels. Interestingly, this was all rather genuine. Her husband was with her and even seemed to appreciate. She left complimenting me on "living a little out of the box". I felt great to get some appreciative comments. So, you women out there, make some positive comments when you see a guy trying on high heels. It can make our day !

Good to hear! Where in San Francisco did you try those on in the spring time? The supply isn't that good in this time of the year. I'm going there in august again so time for some heeling! And I would also be flattered if commented by a woman... Bert

What's all the fuss about?

VS make superb shoes and boots.There are 2 pairs in my shoe closet and I love them! You have bought a very fine pair of boots Loveheel. Isn't it nice to receive a compliment from a women... or even a man for that matter. Just a word or two can make a real difference to your day. rock on jim

Those are nice, I'd be very tempted myself. And yes, a compliment makes all the difference! I've had a few compliments when out and about, and it makes my day each time!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Here is a picture of the boots. I think I have met my match with these. The heel is 4.5 inch and they are a little tight. After walking a quarter mile in these on the street of San Francisco my 3 inchers felt like gym shoes.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1054521960.jpg

Hi loveheel,

such nice episodes are the reason, why I wish to buy in a normal shoe shop - but no chance with my EU 44/45 size :D

Still a question to you: The toe boxes of your new boots appear very flat to me. You said that they are a little tight. Is it because of the flat nose? No problems with corns on the upper side of your big toe?

The heel size is OK. Real men need at least 4'' heels ... :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

That picture isn't all that good. The toe box is actually very comfortable. They are a little tight on the instep, but it is slowly getting a bit better with wear. I also used on of these leather stretch fluid on the tight parts. The heels also look lower on the picture. I love these boots ! I bought them at the "Shoepavillion". At least I think that was the name. Bert, if you go to San Fran, make sure to check out Nordstrom in the San Francisco Center (on 5th (?) and Market Street). Always have had very helpful sales staff there. In the same area on Market are a few other shoe stores (Aldo, Payless, and the Shoepavillion). Depending on your size, you can also shop at the higher-end stores on Union Square. But definitely wear some serious heels when you walk around in SF. The San Francisco crowd is used to seeing people that "deviate from the norm"

Those are charming boots indeed! If they came in 13 wide, I'd definitely invest in a pair for fall! I think women appreciate fashion whenever they see it, regardless of if a man is sporting it. If a man looks good in heels, matching them with tastefula nd stylish clothing, then why shouldn't he be complimented. Once, I had a rather brassy female co-worker say I have more balls than any man she knows because I wear high heels in public! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Bert, if you go to San Fran, make sure to check out Nordstrom in the San Francisco Center (on 5th (?) and Market Street). Always have had very helpful sales staff there. In the same area on Market are a few other shoe stores (Aldo, Payless, and the Shoepavillion). Depending on your size, you can also shop at the higher-end stores on Union Square. But definitely wear some serious heels when you walk around in SF. The San Francisco crowd is used to seeing people that "deviate from the norm"

Thanks for the tips, I will check them out!

What's all the fuss about?

I have also been in San Francisco (Union square, Macy's, Nordstrom) in heels - sandals, with absolutely no problems. Have been there both with the wife and alone, at best a few glances but no big deal. In the past 5 years or so of wearing heels two women have made positive comments about my heels but none were in Frisco.... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I wore my black 3.5" blade Nine West heels out on Saturday night to a bar in the Meatpacking District in Manhattan. There was a 4' elevated dance floor with red cushioned couches encircling the dance floor. The bar was lit dim red. I looked up and saw a group of 7 fabulous women sitting and dancing so I thought it a perfect time to show off my heels. Now for you pros, this is nothing special. There was no long detailed conversation about shoe comparisons or anything, BUT: I crossed my legs towards a brunette and she instantly noticed. I could see her cup her mouth with her hand and lean towards her friend to her right. Then I saw her friend lean forward and look right at my shoes. Then they called their short asian friend over and she sat down--really close to me. She then asked to see my shoes. I showed her the black blades in all their glory. She asked why? I said, "why should women have all the fun?" Straight from the pages of hhplace and enough to make her laugh, nod her head approvingly, sile and even ask me to dance! Even the most cynical brunnette of the bunch --the one who made a big deal telling all her friends--was instantly agreeable with this answer. She said, "thats true!" I said, "they are just Nine West," She said, "I like Nine West" Later that night, another asian girl saw my heels. She even felt them with her hand. Her opinion? She said that SHE (with vocal tonal and volume emphasis on "I" )thought that was good. She acted mildy embarrassed and said, "at least they are not stillletos." I said, "I'm working on that :)"

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 3 months later...

Last week the wife and I were in Palm Springs and I wore heeled sandals the whole time. On two occasions women made positive comments about my heels. One lady said the heels (a pair of wood wedgie sandals) looked good on me. The other lady said the we (me and the wife) looked "cute" in our T-strap thongs with a chunky heel (and she was right - we did!)... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I was speaking to one of my friends I haven't seen in a while and complemented on her silver scarpa loafers with nifty details she had bought in Italy. She said she liked my Dune/Bronx 4" ankle boots and mentioned she had some like that but they looked better on me, which was cool. Then we discussed all manner of shoe things for about 10 mins, what brands we liked and all about that footwear guide in Vogue and about the crap they speak about silver shoes being in or out for that month. I honestly believe it's much easier to talk to women about fashion shoes if you're wearing them yourself. It's a simple unspoken way of saying you are genuinely interested in the subject and not just some chat up line or have any sexual motive.

it was the best moment that i can remember when my gf was agreeable about my heels. Id played it smart for a while cos she is a special lady and not wanting to put her off so quick i played it smoothly. After jokin around saying i was gonna buy some heels and saying why shouldnt i etc she said i wouldnt be able to walk in them as they kill her feet. I challenged her to find me the highest pair she could so i could prove her wrong. And she did, but 4' is high to her, and it was an easy win. She thought i was jokin when i said the shoes wasnt just so i could prove her wrong, but soon realised i wasnt when i wore them again and again. Shes now fine about it and its nice to have the support. I think once she saw that it didnt look that bad, she wasnt bothered, i think the mental image of a man in girly shoes plays horror tricks in some minds.

i think the mental image of a man in girly shoes plays horror tricks in some minds.

Sure it does. Ignorance is the main culprit. People see a black guy and assume he is from Africa. People see a woman with short hair and assume she is lez. The guy down the pub who works as a farm labourer turns out to win the quiz every time. That banker guy in a suit and tie is an idiot who went to the "right" school who doesn't know his arse from his navel.

So, there is more to people than meets the eye. That's what life has taught me so far and I'm still learning every day.

One of my friends(girl), the other night I was talking to her about my heel/x-dressing fetish, and she has seen me in heels before at school and says I make the heels look good and I wear them well and I was saying it is a little embarrasing but I get used to it. We were also discussing how I am to shy to go out in a miniskirt but this weekend she is going to go out with me in a skirt too so I don't feel so embarrased, I have to get the courage for my trip to hawaii which i will only be taking heels and womens clothes with me, as I am a heeler and x-dresser.

From day one, I've received nothing positive reinforcement and comments from my female co-workers regarding the shoes I choose to wear. They never fail to say that I have great taste and that I look good in my heels. One co-worker was actually jealous of me and went on a buying binge, saying how she, and I quote: "Refused to let a man prance around here in better looking heels than me!" I definitely took that as a compliment! :-D

Jeff, you're right. That's a good comment. However, I would think the word "wear" would be better than "prance" which, IMO, has a slightly less than affable tone.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, Bubba, I certainly don't prance, bu that's what she said! Admittedly, I did get a chuckle out of that at the time! :-D

I think we should take GOTH seriously until the evidence proves beyond a doubt that we shouldn't. At least part of this forums purpose is to encourage the brotherhood of heel wearers openess and support, and critiquing his input could possibly stifle his growth.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

who cares, really? What Goth has to say can be either taken or not, as the reader desires. They're fun to read, anyway! I hope he keeps posting. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've also gotten compliments from female co-workers who were both amazed and impressed that I could walk so well in four inch heels, something a few of them openly admit they can't do. One lady said to me that I make walking in four inchers look easy. I replied that it took a goodly amount of practice to accomplish that, to which she readily agreed. By far, women have shown to be much more open minded, and complimentary of a man in heels, something that surprised me at first since I mistakenly believed they'd think I, as a man were encroaching on their territory. But that hasn't been the case, as I've said before, I've been universally complimented by women for the shoes I choose to wear, most saying I look great in heels. And, for the most part, who am I to disagree? :-D

By far, women have shown to be much more open minded, and complimentary of a man in heels, something that surprised me at first since I mistakenly believed they'd think I, as a man were encroaching on their territory. But that hasn't been the case, as I've said before, I've been universally complimented by women for the shoes I choose to wear, most saying I look great in heels.

And, for the most part, who am I to disagree? :-D

I don't find this particularly surprising. After all, it was the male fashion designers that kept women in dresses until the women who could afford it (Hepburn, Lamare, Deitrich, etc.) had their pants tailor-made.

Then it was the men who finally said "there's money, here!" and a new fashion era was born.

Now that many fashion designers are women, the sky's the limit with respect to female fashions. Since they're so broad-minded in their own fashion variations, it's not so surprising they're considerably more accepting of a man wearing heels than are most men.

In general, women like change. Men prefer the status quo. Sure it's true! Just look what happens in most marriages:

Wife: "Honey, I was thinking about the curtains. You know, they're just quite right for the room anymore..."

Husband: "Whaddya mean they're not right? They were right when you bought them. What's changed? We've only had them a year!"

I don't think I need to continue - most of you who're married will instantly recognize the trend.

Very few men's shoe designers are women though, which is yet another reason why you don't find higher heel heights on men's shoes.

You know what? That's what I'll do - quit the consulting business and design fashionable higher heels for men. "Classic men's shoes in the slender fashion of rich elegance and smooth leathers." I'll call it "Gene's" (pronounced, "Zsinay," (as in the Zs sound in Zsa Zsa Gabor). "Increase your stature - and your confidence. And every inch will add $732 a year to your paycheck!" I'll work with the top runway fashion designers, raking in millions a month.

Then again... nah! I have too much invested in the consulting business...

Aha, now I think I understand why you add that ' after Gene. You try to make Gené :(

Actually, it's always been zsenay

That's my parent's fault - but I certainly don't blame them! I love the name they gave me.

Gene'

And you're right - it's Gené, but I've yet to find the tilda-e.