Charity shops

brake blocks

Hi guys, when i was younger i did try them on in the shop, but these days i either try them in the car before i drive home or at home. I have enclosed some more photos from my stash all are size 8 and all from charity shops. Photo 7 & 11 & 12 where worn today out in a snow covered park.Photo 7 are Faith stiletto heel ankle boots, they were good at digging in but slipped with the smooth sole, photo ! & 12 are by Florence & Fred at Tesco they held the paths very well, having a ridged sole & block heel. Hope you liked the photos:wavey:

post-18537-133522901366_thumb.jpg

post-18537-133522901384_thumb.jpg

post-18537-133522901401_thumb.jpg

post-18537-133522901417_thumb.jpg

post-18537-133522901433_thumb.jpg

I make regular rounds to several GoodWills and a very large thrift store. All my skirts and knee high boots are from thrift stores and I do try them on in the store.

ohioinheels - WELCOME to the forum!

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I visit charity shops, or commonly called thrift stores in the US, regularly but usually to check for women's clothing. I have bought a few pairs of heels, and I have found some very nice ones, but I purchased them for my previous girlfriend. About ten years ago, before I started ordering her heels off the internet, I bought her a pair of really nice 4" black pumps and even though we're not together I think she probably still has them. Of all the heels I've bought her the thrift store buy were her favs!

I'm very keen on thrift stores and visit some of my favourite ones every week or every couple of weeks. I've got several nice finds, both shoe-wise and clothing-wise [yesterday's skirt is my recent acquisition, one of the best ones! :)].

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I have purchased quite a few things from thrift shops through the years. You never know what you may find and the prices can't be beat. I pass a Red, White, and Blue thrift store twice daily on my way to and from work. It has been a while since I have been in there, but the last tme I came out with a stack of bath towels and wash cloths to replace our worn out ones around the house. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Half of the fun of working charity shops or thrift stores is the excitment of looking through all of the departments for something you like and can use and can get a bargain on cost wise. You know the old statement, what one man can't use is another mans treasure or words to that effect. I have even found Lionel and other train equipment at times needing only repairs and a little TLC. I have quite a few pieces in my train collection and you would cry if you knew what I paid for them. I occassionally find pairs of heels in the thrift stores as being in the normal womens sizes they show up frequently and sometimes brand new in the boxes. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Half of the fun of working charity shops or thrift stores is the excitment of looking through all of the departments for something you like and can use and can get a bargain on cost wise. You know the old statement, what one man can't use is another mans treasure or words to that effect. I have even found Lionel and other train equipment at times needing only repairs and a little TLC. I have quite a few pieces in my train collection and you would cry if you knew what I paid for them. I occassionally find pairs of heels in the thrift stores as being in the normal womens sizes they show up frequently and sometimes brand new in the boxes.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I agree, you can find some pretty good deals. I've donated all sorts of items to thrift stores, over the years, and hopefully I've made someone's day with the heels I've donated. You don't normally find 4 and 5 inch heels, in a size 12, so maybe my recycling efforts brightened up someone's day!

Highheelrick:-) Maybe the shoes that you donated to the thrift shops were bought by a man who would want to try wearing heels for the first time and didn't want to spend too much to find out. Maybe a future member of the HH Place. Who knows? Cheers--- Dawn HH

My first pair of high heel boots was purchased at a resale shop. In fact it took courage just to buy them. I was eyeing this pair of 80's style black leather boots, pull on, straight leg shaft with a 4 inch heel, only seven dollars, used. I was very interested in buying them, but was afraid of a reaction from the cashier. So I went into the dressing room to try them on, and for privacy. But I could not get them on, and even worse, it was hard to pull off. I was thinking to myself I might have to face the embarrassment of calling someone to help me pull off the boot. After a little patience, it finally came off. So I walked out that day with no purchase, feeling defeated. The next day, I decided I would try again to purchase the boots and just ease into them at home. I just broke down and immediately grabbed that same pair and headed straight to the cashier. I just hoped that it would be no big deal. Fortunately they rang up my purchase without question and I was glad to bring them home, where I could try to slowly stretch them out. I wore thin dress socks to help ease my way into them. After several patient attempts of pulling on and off my boots, I succeeded in putting both of them on. I looked at the pair in the mirror and absolutely loved the way they looked on me. So I was content with wearing my new black high heel boots in the privacy of my own room, behind closed doors. Eventually I would develop the courage to go outside in public in my boots, but that is another story, another post.