How high will these heels go?!

It is amazing how high some of these heels that women wear to work are getting these days. Today I happened to be standing next to my boss on the elevator. I know that she is 5'8" barefoot and I am 6'1." Well, we were looking eye to eye! She might have even had a quarter of an inch on me. I looked down when we got off the elevator and she had some really big spikes on. I am able to joke with her, so I made a comment about it, and she said, oh yes, the heels are five inches! She said most of the new styles are in the five inch range, and that the technology keeps getting better so it is easier and more comofortable to wear them. I never thought I would feel short, but I kind of did today.

It is amazing how high some of these heels that women wear to work are getting these days. Today I happened to be standing next to my boss on the elevator. I know that she is 5'8" barefoot and I am 6'1." Well, we were looking eye to eye! She might have even had a quarter of an inch on me. I looked down when we got off the elevator and she had some really big spikes on. I am able to joke with her, so I made a comment about it, and she said, oh yes, the heels are five inches! She said most of the new styles are in the five inch range, and that the technology keeps getting better so it is easier and more comofortable to wear them. I never thought I would feel short, but I kind of did today.

Yes. it is amazing indeed but even more so when you are a GUY and 5' 8.5" like me and CAN'T wear 5" spikes to work like your coworker does. Like beatztheelz says it is very very good that women are wearing higher and higher heels these days but it'll be an even better world when MEN can wear them too!!!!!! I no longer curse my height since I love heels 5" and higher but I do curse the double standard of fashion that is changing but only slowly. But there are trailblazers like roniheels and others out there that turn society's double standard upside-down and make it easier than before.

There is a woman in our office, about my age, who wears beautiful clothes and 5" stiletto high heels every day. It is so refreshing to see her because most women in the office dress very casual and none of them in high heels

An average looking woman wearing high heels will always get more attention from me than an attractive woman wearing flats, i think because the heels show thought and effort for the apperance, i would love it if the woman around me at work would wear high heels but sadly i still wouldn't really see them becasue my office is all male, :cry1:

Yes, I totally agree and love those women who are wearing the really high heels. Also, the day will come when men will be wearing, in public, very high heels. There is nothing like the beauty of high heels, as well as the feel of wearing them.

High heels and glamourous clothing in general is a reaction to the fashions of the 90s. Also the end of 'rugged' feminism has played a big part. Women have reached a point where they can wear tarty clothes in a post feminism ironic kinda way and still be empowered. I have a feeling that 'everyday fashion' stiletto heels will peak at about 6 or 7 inches with a 1 or 2 inch platform and slowly give way to chunkier heels. Also it's worth remembering that fashion and style are more of a state of mind than a certain 'look' that everyone must strive for. In such light it's possible that nothing will ever be unfashionable (if worn with a nod to a previous style) again. Just look at photos of the front row of fashion shows. In the past every women would look identical in style. Today there will be someone wearing towering heels, a tiny dress and a whole trowel full of perfect makeup sitting next to a woman in ripped jeans and sneakers and simple eye makeup. Many women (and quite a few switched on men) can act a certain way and bend their clothes to fit a mood on a certain day. I know people that completely change their persona on consecutive day and most of it is down to their choice of outfit as much as anything else.

What type of a place do you work where you can't wear high heels?

A forensic psychiatric ward (Is that the correct english term for it...?) We have to run really fast from time to time when someone hits the alarm button and heels would surely slow you down. We really want to get to that co-worker asap do avoid anyone getting hurt.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

A forensic psychiatric ward (Is that the correct english term for it...?) We have to run really fast from time to time when someone hits the alarm button and heels would surely slow you down. We really want to get to that co-worker asap do avoid anyone getting hurt.

Definately not the place to be worried about making a fashion statment!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

the platforms i am wearing in my avatar have platforms that are a very thick 4 inches. the heels are 7.5''. some styles in the pleaser range have 4.5'' platforms with 8 or 8.5'' heels. i believe i could walk in the reasonably well

the platforms i am wearing in my avatar have platforms that are a very thick 4 inches. the heels are 7.5''. some styles in the pleaser range have 4.5'' platforms with 8 or 8.5'' heels. i believe i could walk in the reasonably well

But they aren't everyday heels. I would say they belong very much in fetish shops.