Shocking news - high heels cause deaths!

PJ

I only wear high heels to raise money for charity but if i ever did start to wear them everyday there is no way that i would even think about driving in them. its not worth the risk. There is no way you can have full control over a car with high heels especially platforms. I drive a manual car so it would be twice as risky. Could you ever forgive yourself if you killed a person? i dont think so. Let common sense prevail and wear flats or trainers. Any one who thinks driving in heels is safe should have their head examined.:):silly::)

Let common sense prevail and wear flats or trainers. Any one who thinks driving in heels is safe should have their head examined.:chuckle::silly::w00t2:

I'm not saying driving in high heels is necessarily safe, but look at all of the many, many women all over the world who drive in high heels every day.

Not knowing all the circumstances of these reported high heel incidents, I can only speculate and wonder. I feel sorry for the loss felt by all that knew them, but how much of the cause was from their own neglect or their understanding of the vehicle's functions. How long have they been driving? Were they fully involved with the control of the car in driving defensively? Many other possible factors could have contributed to the accidents rather than the heels, like driving too fast for the conditions incurred. From the many occasions I have driven while wearing stilettos, they haven't caused me to have any loss of control and even have they caused me to have one accident. I do have somewhat of a lead foot and wearing high heels has made me more conscious of my accelerations, because it's harder to apply pressure on the accelerator in the proper position.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think wearing high heels is the main cause of death. Maybe she was careless in driving or there was something wrong with the car. There are a lot of reasons.

Being a female, do you wear high heels when you drive?

• 2 months later...

I dont think thats was true how did they now that was the heels . The driver has 8 cm stiletto heels why should that was a problem. I always drive in 5 inch heels sometimes in 6 inch and I have never have a problem whith that

I'm often driving in 4 -5" However after doing a clutch change in my car the peddle bit position is now lower and giving me problems (the car is also). Beyond that I am more relaxed, calmer in actions and more forward aware of the situation. I think I am driving safer.?? There are always the idiots that will cause an accident whatever the situation leaving us to "explain" any oddity or extremes in our apparel. Al

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From reading the report it was platform shoes she was wearing. even if your wore flat platforms you'd be taking a risk. I drive in heels at times and dont find it an issue.Tried platforms once...never again! think i'd rather walk in them than drive!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I wear my avitar boots (black demonia ones) & have no problem what so ever in most cases. to me they are very stable & comfortable as far as platform boots are concerned (now, if I tried to run down any of the hills around my house wearing them THEN there might be a safety risk) but they are well designed in my opinion.:smile:

well, given the number of people around the globe who do drive in heels, and the number of accidents related to the shoes, I think that heels are way safer than, say, flat flip-flops. The number of shoe related accidents in minimal. Heels are a minimal number of that minimal number. I personally feel that I have more control in heels than in trainers, due to the fact that I can feel the pedals easier through the thinner soul of the heel. I have driven a four door '76 dodge dart in heels with the power steering being a bit off and had no problems.

What's the big deal about driving while wearing heels? Like almost everything in life, you have control over the situation until you don't! Then it's really too late to do anything about it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have driven in heels for years with no problems at all, both stick shifts and automatics. No big deal. But then again, I don't wear platforms either. Mickey also drove to and from work in heels for a lot of years and no problems, no platforms. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Like anything else, it is up to the individual. If you are comfortable and feel safe driving while wearing high heels, do so. If you are not comfortable and maybe this has even caused you the individual some problems in the past, drive while wearing "safe shoes" and change into your high heels after you have stopped and parked your car.

I just read this article. The first womans death had nothing to do with driving. The second one..how can someone who is 25 and in just 3" heels let them 'get in the way'? Thats absurd. It has more to do with carelessness, than the heels themselves. More likely she was distracted by something.

Basically, if you don't know how to drive in heels, which isn't difficult, then don't. It takes more practice to learn how to walk in heels properly (which I learned at like 5 or 6) than it does to drive in heels.

Some people are just not good drivers. If they happen to get into an accident they may blame it on whatever comes to their mind. Heels might be an easy 'explanation'. But maybe they shouldn't be driving in the first place. Anyway, part of driving safely is risk assessment. And maybe it was just the Toyota gaspedal.... Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I would venture that using cell phones and text messaging while driving leads to more injury and death, than wearing high heels while driving. That said, I did have a very close call at the wheel some time back while wearing platforms (never again!).

• 3 weeks later...

My fiancee can't drive well in heels, for that matter she can't drive well out of them, OW!.....ok she's a very careful driver & just recently passed. Point being it depends on the experience & aptitude. Silvikrin (& Fiancee)

Anyone citing high heels as a cause of an accident is just looking for an convenient excuse for the accident as well as to cover the fact that their driving is already "an accident just looking for a place to happen"..... Sorry, but Automotive Insurance policies do not list accidents happening while driving in high heels as excusable.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

oh yeah, they CAN cause deaths- esp. these ones if you try to mountain climb with them on,:smile: nice boots though for other "occasions" as it were!:)

post-2640-133522909933_thumb.jpg

oh yeah, they CAN cause deaths- esp. these ones if you try to mountain climb with them on,:smile: nice boots though for other "occasions" as it were!:)

Do you have any problems driving in those boots?

oh I dont drive a car (dont have a license) but I'm refering to only MOUNTAIN climbing in them,!:smile: (kind of a joke there folks)