My first time, and great experience it was amazing

stillettoAl

I'd like to start by introducing myself, I'm brand new to this forum, just discovered it about a week ago, and I love it already. It's great to know there are so many guys out there who are into wearing high heels too. I live in Ohio, I'm a sophomore in college and I'm dating a great girl who has encouraged me to be more open and free spirited, and also helped me start exploring my feminine side more :) (you can probably see how I got into wearing high heels now)

(You guys are probably tired of hearing about me by now and want to get to the experience, so here goes)

I've been fascinated by high heels and wanted to wear them since I was a kid, but never really got the chance to until a few weeks ago I got a pair of 4 inch stiletto pumps from payless and started wearing them around the house. They were so great I bought a pair of silver Steve Madden pumps at DSW the next day. They were great, but until today I'd only worn them in the house and driven in them.

So today I was in the mall just wearing sneakers when I saw that "The Shoe Dept" (store name) was having a sale and I really wanted a pair of high heel boots to try wearing to school it starts up again. So I went in and tried on a pair of calf high black pointy toe stiletto boots and I loved them but my legs were too thick for them to zip all the way. (here's where the great experience part comes in) the girl who works there came up to me when I was trying them on and said (we just got boots in Monday, we get shipments every Monday so if you come next week we'll probably have a lot more styles and even some that stretch and would probably fit better. So I thanked her and asked if they had any other heels in either a 10 wide or an 11 so I could get something that was on sale. She showed me a pair of black pumps with a 4 inch stiletto heel, but I said I was really looking for either a boot or at least something that would cover my whole foot and look like a boot with jeans.

She finally showed me a pair of black boots that were up to my ankles and had a fairly narrow 3 inch heel, I tried them on and was sold, when I was paying for them I asked if she had a lot of guys buy heels there and she said there was one guy who is a regular who comes in all the time, she also said she thinks it's cool for a guy to be open to trying them, and that the boots I got looked great with my jeans :)

So I'd never worn high heels in public before (I know 3 inch boots aren't as much fun as my 4 inch pumps, but I've got to start somewhere) so I told her I'd just wear them out of the store, so I put my sneakers in the bag and walked all the way through the mall (the shoe dept was on the complete opposite side as where I'd parked) My heels were clicking, and I think a couple people noticed, but I honestly didn't feel uncomfortable or see anyone looking, I had to force myself to look forward instead of looking at my boots in my reflection as I passed by store windows though :)

So long story short I did it, my first time out in heels was a blast, I think I'll go to the grocery store in them in an hour or so, and now I have a friend at a shoe store who knows I wear heels (I told her I'd be back next wk to see if I could get stiletto boots with a higher heel)

Sorry that my first post is so long, this is the first forum I've ever really posted on, and I got a bit excited about telling my story

Congratulations and welcome! Way to go on your first outing! Your experience at the store is not unusual, many shops are cool with guys trying on heels there. I too was fascinated by heels since my youth, and my ex encouraged me to explore it. I, and a few other members here are in Ohio too; whereabouts are you from? Some of us are joining up for a "heel meet" in Canton in October; just a bunch of guys and girls who, like you, happen to like heels. It was a great meet last year, we just meet up for some lunch, head over to the nearby stores for some shoe shopping, and just shoot the breeze. You and your girlfriend would be most welcome. Check out the details under "Real Life Meetings". Welcome aboard, and hope to hear of more of your adventures! :)

Stilettoal -

First WELCOME to the forum!

I’m sure you will find lots of folks here with similar interests (and I don’t even know what those interest are). Sounds like you had a great first outing and trying on shoes in the store to boot!. Many of our posters haven’t managed to get that far yet. I’m in Northern Ky. And was going to ask the same “where abouts” question Radiodave asked.

Again Welcome and thanks for sharing .

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I appreciate the welcome and how cool everyone on this site seems:smile: I live and go to school by Cleveland, so I'd def be interested in checking out the "Heelmeet" canton is pretty close. Oh, btw, I did it again, I went to a packed grocery store in the boots walked through the whole store, and I asked an employee to help me find a product. I changed jeans before I went so the boots were on full display, wearning heels in public is fun, I want to do it with the higher pumps soon Thanks again, you guys are cool

Welcome here. Nothing like buying newly bought shoes out of the store. It still gives me a kick. Even on days that I find myself nervous again walking into the mall I never give it a second thought walking out with a new purchase on. Congrats !

A great big :welcome:from me, too! Wow, I can't wait to read about your experiences wearing boots to class. While there might be some reaction at first, by the third day, no one will ever notice that you're wearing them....(with the exception of the guys that wished they had the nerve to also wear them. )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Greetings Stilettoal and welcome to this forum :-)

What an amazing first outing ! Congrats :)

Bubba136 :-)

I like your reply "with the exception of the guys that wished they had the nerve to also wear them"

Too bad I cannot read minds because I do notice a lot of guys looking at my shoes or boots.

I would go to them and explain it is no big deal after all...

Greetings Stilettoal and welcome to this forum :-)

What an amazing first outing ! Congrats :)

Bubba136 :-)

I like your reply "with the exception of the guys that wished they had the nerve to also wear them"

Too bad I cannot read minds because I do notice a lot of guys looking at my shoes or boots.

I would go to them and explain it is no big deal after all...

Great story Stilettoal it is one of inspiration to many male heelers. Looking forward to reading more.

I agree with you danielp6406 wearing heels isn't a big deal if it's what you want to wear. However some people just don't think as we do, and seem to think that we should live in their box, by their rules.

StilettoAl, that is a fantastic first time experience and is a must read for any guy who is ready to take the plunge. It took me years to get to the point where you are on your very first time out. Your confidence is amazing and I too hope to hear all about wearing your new boots to class.

Welcome to HHPlace and please keep on sharing!

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, and all the great encouragement guys:smile: So today I'm taking my next step in the world of heeling, I haven't worn anything other than the boots I described out of the house yet, but today I've got a plan, I'm going to school, and I have my favorite pair of shoes (4 inch silver madden girl pumps) in my bag. Im still not brave enough to wear those to school, but I really want to try wearing pumps in public, so I'm doing my first mini outting in them today, either CVS, Walmart, or somwhere with food after I get out of school (which is a couple hours before local highschools so places won't be packed with teens) I'm posting in advance as a deterant to chickening out, so tonight I'll be posting to tell everyone how it goes:thumbsup:

I'm doing it right now. I'm sitting in a packed panera wearing my silver pumps, my jeans don't even cover them, you can see 3 inches of heel and almost all of the shoe, I got a couple weird looks, but no real staring, more so just ppl noticing, otherwise just smiles. I'm sitting here doing an english assignment, eating a bagel wishing I thought of this forever ago, the moral of the story is, as you guys already know, NO ONE CARES and even if they do our society is so politically correct they won't say anything they've even been trained since they wre kids that it's rude to stare.:)

StilettoAl:-) You are moving a lot faster on wearing heels publically than a lot of the guys here on the Forum ever did and I congratulate you for being able to do so. I'm sure that your future adventures in heels will be riviting stories to read and enjoy here for everybodys enjoyment. I, for one, will eagerly look for them to appear here on the Forum. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'm doing it right now. I'm sitting in a packed panera wearing my silver pumps, my jeans don't even cover them, you can see 3 inches of heel and almost all of the shoe, I got a couple weird looks, but no real staring, more so just ppl noticing, otherwise just smiles. I'm sitting here doing an english assignment, eating a bagel wishing I thought of this forever ago, the moral of the story is, as you guys already know, NO ONE CARES and even if they do our society is so politically correct they won't say anything they've even been trained since they wre kids that it's rude to stare.:)

You have definitely got the right attitude. Good for you and congratulations. Enjoy every moment of wearing high heels in public and enjoy every single reaction, whether negative or positive. If you get more daring and even want to do this, engage in a conversation with someone who is viewing you in your high heels just to get a reaction. Have fun with your future outings.

Doing it the first time in silver pumps shows amazing courage - well done! I hope you continue to have wonderful adventures while out and about. It's all about courage and self-confidence, which you seem to have plenty of both.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Welcome!!!! Have a ball wearing your heels, and know that as other people see a guy wearing heels, your influence goes a long way toward a more accepting society of men wearing heels. ENJOY!!!! Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Excellent outing! I have found Panera to be a fantastic place for heeling myself, in fact they have become regular stops when I am out and about. I love the fact that you wore your silver shoes, fully exposed to the world and loved doing it. Way to go and I hope you continue on toward new frontiers.

Style is built from the ground up!

Welcome stillettoAl A few weeks and now "full on". That's a lot of confidence! Well done! for most of us (older's, yet I don't feel old) being so used to conforming takes a lot more bottle. I wish I could be half my age enjoying heels! I'm sure there are many amongst us that are quite jealous. Normally it is the situation that gives the challenge like a week ago needing the loo only to find it's actually the changing room at a swimming pool and the urinals are at the far end!!! Enjoy excuse me for asking how is your young lady you mentioned in your first post? is she still "guiding" you? This forum may be of interest and she would be welcome also. Al