Johnny Blue-Eyes

euchrid

Has anyone else heard of this character?

I saw him on a Big Brother show (BBLB) last week and wondered 'who he?'

He's a butt-ugly bloke (scraggy hair, bearded, paunchy, etc.) who openly wears make-up, womens fashions and - gasp - high heels. He looks to be part of the UK fashion scene. Don't think he's a designer though.

There's some stuff about him on here:-

http://theclotheswhisperer.blogspot.com/2009/05/lost-in-beauty-with-johnny-blueeyes.html

What do we reckon?

Always High-Heel Responsibly

How bizzare! Sorry folks but I don't find his look attractive one bit. In fact, imho, it's his type that gives fashion a reputation for "strangeness." But, more power to him if he wants to dress that way and can "pull it off."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

He reminds me of that guy "animal" out of police academy... or whatever his name was.. The beardy guy who just made noise's and never really spoke much ;) It is a gross look though, just comes across as "in your face grossness" IMO

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

He reminds me of that guy "animal" out of police academy... or whatever his name was.. The beardy guy who just made noise's and never really spoke much ;)

It is a gross look though, just comes across as "in your face grossness" IMO

Mr Zed I think his name was...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The photos on that blog look like most of the parties I've been to recently. I think Johnny looks brilliant! The corset, gold mask and the spiky bangles look a little forced but the rest of him looks great.

I'm sorry, I don't think this guy is doing us any favors. Yeah, he wears heels but everything else about his look is so outrageous that he probably sets us all back.

Have a happy time!

I'm sorry, I don't think this guy is doing us any favors. Yeah, he wears heels but everything else about his look is so outrageous that he probably sets us all back.

Give the guy a break. If you do a little research he comes across as a really gentle, friendly guy. He's having fun, being outrageous with his clothes and styling rock bands. I doubt that he dresses like that to go to the supermarket.

Isn't it a little selfish to then say he set 'us' back? Do Kiss, David Bowie, Elton John and The Rolling Stones set us back too?

... Give the guy a break. If you do a little research he comes across as a really gentle, friendly guy...

While your point might be well taken, you could spot this guy a mile away....away too far to get to know his "gentle, friendly," side. The best research, as you probably know, is done up close and personal.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Give the guy a break. If you do a little research he comes across as a really gentle, friendly guy. . .

He may be "Marvin W. Milquetoast" in real life but the image he projects is a bit scary. I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.

He's having fun, being outrageous with his clothes and styling rock bands.

. . . and there are probably more than a few around here who would like to emulate him. Maybe some even do. But a lot of us would prefer something significantly less outlandish.

I doubt that he dresses like that to go to the supermarket.

Good thing.

Isn't it a little selfish to then say he set 'us' back?

The lack of general acceptance toward guys in heels is a recurring theme on this site. It is quite apparent that more than a few of us would like to go out in heels on a regular basis (like maybe to the supermarket). Some of us pluck up the courage to do so and are surprised when the world doesn't spin out of control. But we have to get past the idea that a guy in heels is something weird and many of us have not been able to clear that hurdle. Images such as the one this guy projects reinforce this idea of weirdness. That's not selfish, it's analysis.

Do Kiss, David Bowie, Elton John and The Rolling Stones set us back too?

Well, yes, I think they do -- by exemplifying the idea that a guy in heels has to be something way out there on the fringe.

I'm not saying he shouldn't dress that way or he shouldn't look like that. But I don't have to like it.

. . . and as far as judging books by their covers, welcome to Planet Earth.

Have a happy time!

so are you judging the book by it's cover?

yep!

If you need any further explanation, just read JMC's post, below.

I'm surprised that a high heel forum with a heavy slant towards men in heels finds a man wearing what he wants to be so shocking.

Edit... I have attached a screen grab of Johnny on the telly. I can't see anything wrong with a single piece of his outfit. Can you? He's on the right by the way.

I object to grouping men in heels together as one big 'us'. When did we cease to be individuals all with our own struggles and successes? I'm sure Mr. BlueEyes has quite a story to tell. Same goes for the others I listed.

The lack of general acceptance of a man in heels is, for the most part, a figment of the imagination of those not brave enough to venture outside!

post-9545-133522888525_thumb.jpg

Be advised, Benno, that what I offered is strictly my opinion. My opinion isn't up for discussion. You either accept it and move on or you offer your own opinion and move on. Now, I've had my say. You've had yours. It's time to flush this dead "guppy" down the crapper.

I think how some of us perceive Johnny Blue-Eyes as an example of "men" in heels may differ from how people at the party perceived him. Therefore, the damage done to the perception of a man in heels outside of this community is minimal at best--in my view. Somehow I doubt that those at the party used his image to generalize ,"this is how all men in heels will act and dress." It's more likely that Johnny, especially in London (a city known for it's individual as opposed to commercial approach to fashion) was well accepted. Contextually, many of us achieve acceptance based on our social circle. HappyFeat found one of his "social circles" at the karaoke bar, Shafted found one of his niches at the movie theater, I've found one "social circle" with the manager and bouncers at one of New York's best downtown lounges, Thighbootguy has a "social circle" at the art musueum, starting with the security and personnel....It appears to me that Johnny Blue Eyes has found acceptance within his social circle--the London fashion set. Look how much more calm his outfit was for his television appearance (save for the tacky Jeremy Scott Adidas wings laced into his boots). So if you think about it, this is just an example of how one man's desire to wear high heels evolved. And Johnny's exercise of his interest follows a predictable pattern, exercised unconsciously by most people here who have found the inner courage to wear heels outside of the house. Ultimately, those who wear heels outside of the house with any regularity establish themselves within social circles that support them wearing heels. If anything, this is an exhortation to those of us lacking in courage. Go find some friends and wear your heels around your friends. Life is a lot more fun being social, and especially being social while wearing heels.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

What you say is valid, KH. However, I found the way that guy was dressed (not focusing on the high heels) in the picture offered for our viewing to be in very poor taste. I actually believe that anyone dressed in that manner, in any setting, can't help but place himself into the worst possible light to anyone that never saw him before. Now, it mightn't be the case to those that know him well, but how he appears to the casual observer that doesn't know him at all, is a different story. 'Someone being "exocentric" doesn't excuse really bad taste. Like I said in my first comment, if he can pull it off, more power to him. However that doesn't change my opinion ---- I don't criticize him for the way he's dresses. I just don't care for the "look." And, as much as he might be a "teddy bear," pussy cat" and/or all around great guy, just doesn't alter my opinion of the "threads" on his back.

^ Not trying to proselytize there Bubba, just stating my opinion and frankly, on some points of his outfit at the party, I'd agree with you. I was just stating the reality of the context though. His clothes don't exist in a vacuum, isolated from his charisma and personality. They are intertwined with the politically correct and "do it as long as you don't hurt others" mentality of the year we find ourself in--2009--it goes with the times. It's intertwined with London, with London's fashion and art crowd. With his profession as a performance artist. With the friends that he runs with even. It's not like clothing all by itself is ever sufficient to cause acceptance or non-acceptance. Clothing is a necessary part of acceptance to be sure, but not sufficient in it of itself to cause acceptance one way or the other. Nighty night!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

A very flamboyant look no doubt. It's not my taste but if Johnny blue eyes likes it then good for him and he should wear what he wants with his head up high. If there is 1 thing I've learnt from my own fashion taste it's not to judge other peoples' styles. I may not agree/like their style but who am I to say that they shouldn't wear what they like when I wear an improper male style in the general publics eyes.

I fully agree with you there, Max, & please remember that I LOVE your style!! it ALL goes great with you in every way, please post more pics as soon as you can- you are a fashion icon for us in here, dont forget that!!;)

I fully agree with you there, Max, & please remember that I LOVE your style!! it ALL goes great with you in every way, please post more pics as soon as you can- you are a fashion icon for us in here, dont forget that!!;)

Thanks for the kind words. Just trying to do my part. I tend to heel less in public during the summer because my style is geared up to more cool weather.

Unfortunately my confidence of wearing styles that work better in the summer isn't as high as I like yet. The thought of wearing a skirt and pumps is still too much, even skinny jeans and pumps although I love both styles.

I will post new pics when I make the time since I do have a few new outfits/looks I want to share.

I tend to heel less in public during the summer because my style is geared up to more cool weather.

I was just thinking about the same thing yesterday afternoon, while wishing for the cooler fall weather so I could go back to heeling in the dark (it stays light until after nine, here).

The thought of wearing a skirt and pumps is still too much...

I spent most of last year at home wearing a skirt and boots in the winter, as skirts in cold weather don't go well with sandals.

One of these days...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.